ADVERTISEMENT

Did some posters

We've had some bans here and people placed in the penalty box. Usually it's the Wild West around here though.

No way. I genuinely don’t believe moderators take any corrective action here. Worst moderated forum I’ve used.

I would say it is largely self-moderated. It is very rough and tumble around here, but that is just the downside of free speech. Vulgarity trumps ideas in some parts of the HROT universe. So be it.

Also, we seem to have a lot of really young posters who are still learning their manners along with polite communication skills. (artifacts from the past) The HROT experience will benefit them later in life and improve their communication skills.

Calling for more moderation is no different than calling for more supervision or regulation. We do not want to ever open that can of worms. ... ever.

The moderators do exercise judgement, a skill that each of us needs to make use of when posting. I do not see them as being nearly as hands-off as you suggest. So far, their judgements have been fine in my view.

Im not insisting. I merely said it’s the worst moderated site I’ve used.
Well, that doesn't make any sense. You're IMPLYING that there should be MORE removals, and therefore more censored participants. How do you moderate it better?

Well, that doesn't make any sense. You're IMPLYING that there should be MORE removals, and therefore more censored participants. How do you moderate it better?

It makes sense. I’m not demanding anything. I don’t own the site so I don’t make the rules. Insofar as rules for appropriate debate they are nonexistent and the quality of the arguments reflect it. Just my observation.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I was curious about the thread Legend started last night it got heated. And it's gone this afternoon. Was wondering if any fall out.

Yep, I present an assload of Noles as evidence.
Noted. Some, ahh, less astute ones came over in the modern day Trail of Tears, along with a cohort from the more seasoned side.
The refugees suffered greatly in the dying throes of a once thriving center of discourse and revelry.
To arrive in this community of, ahh, less inhibited ones was a mixed blessing... for which we are for the most part grateful. ahh hell, Go Noles!!

It makes sense. I’m not demanding anything. I don’t own the site so I don’t make the rules. Insofar as rules for appropriate debate they are nonexistent and the quality of the arguments reflect it. Just my observation.
I have never understood why there should ever be "moderators" on a forum like this. It's so simple. If you're too sensitive, there's the ignore feature. Or... just walk away from the site for a while. The ignore feature is really all you need. I never use it, but, I'm not keen on censoring people. I understand why some people do it. The only moderation that could be needed is when these losers get banned and continue to create new handles and come back again. But, even that isn't necessary because they don't need to get kicked-off just for being stupid and persistent. Just... ignore... them! You don't have to "put them on ignore" to do that, either. You just ignore them.

There are at least a half-dozen posters that, when I see their handle, I scroll right past them. They never offer anything challenging or new. It's always exactly the same. They're like those cardboard cut-out fans at MLB games this year. But, I don't need them to be removed in order to enjoy the rest.

ADVERTISEMENT