ADVERTISEMENT

Did Wisconsin dodge a loss

Purdues d got torched by us?
Lol

Yeah. Iowa had nearly 500yds of offense. Would have easily gone over that if it weren't for the fumbles and penalties. Not to mention the idiotic clock management at the end of the half. The Iowa offense and poor coaching shot the team in the foot. Purdue wasn't stopping Iowa. Iowa stopped Iowa. On one play our own offensive lineman even stripped the RB for a fumble. Purdue's D isnt good. Iowa just found every which way possible to lose that game.

Yeah. Iowa had nearly 500yds of offense. Would have easily gone over that if it weren't for the fumbles and penalties. Not to mention the idiotic clock management at the end of the half. The Iowa offense and poor coaching shot the team in the foot. Purdue wasn't stopping Iowa. Iowa stopped Iowa. On one play our own offensive lineman even stripped the RB for a fumble. Purdue's D isnt good. Iowa just found every which way possible to lose that game.
You sound like a braskan ;).

Points are what matter, not what ifs and buts.

I'm a Nebraska fan and I'm not sure we would have beat Wisconsin with their 4th string QB. But what I am sure of is if Wisconsin were playing O-State the big ten would have forced them to play or forfeit to keep their playoff hopes alive.

I disagree, you guys may have got beat by OSU but you guys were also mashing them on both sides of the lines... I would say Nebby by a damn blowout .. their running game isn’t J Taylor any longer I say Nebby by 7 or 14 points

• Haha
Reactions: badger-007
2020 is truly bizarre we have a decent number of hawk fans playing along into Nebraska delusions

Reactions: not_mantiteo
They would have needed a Florida level breakout of 40-50 to cancel. Wisconsin is just ducking out on a likely loss
... What? No, they need 5% of their team to test positive for 7 days and if so, they have to cancel the game. They're not ducking a loss. Wisconsin definitely would have beaten Nebraska. You think they're scared of a team they've annihilated the past decade? You think the Wisconsin players and coaches don't want to play?

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
Yeah I don't get it. Maybe it's the water in Iowa these days getting to them, but these message boards during COVID have been mind boggling.
Yes it’s crazy. And the rejection of critical thinking is crazy too. I keep hearing “only 6 players tested positive! That’s not enough to shutdown!”

well if you assume Wisconsin is doing daily testing of all players and Wisconsin has the MAX players allowed in the program of 125....6 positive would be 4.8% if I’m doing my math right which is basically right at the Big Tens 5% threshold no? And that’s assuming they have 125 players.

We’re just lucky Purdue didn’t have a whole bunch more test positive this week and then Iowa becomes part of the outbreak.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Yes it’s crazy. And the rejection of critical thinking is crazy too. I keep hearing “only 6 players tested positive! That’s not enough to shutdown!”

well if you assume Wisconsin is doing daily testing of all players and Wisconsin has the MAX players allowed in the program of 125....6 positive would be 4.8% if I’m doing my math right which is basically right at the Big Tens 5% threshold no? And that’s assuming they have 125 players.

We’re just lucky Purdue didn’t have a whole bunch more test positive this week and then Iowa becomes part of the outbreak.

They need to meet BOTH thresholds to go red-red before the Big Ten cancelled. They met one of them, the other is would require a huge outbreak of like 40-50 between players/personnel before the Big Ten cancelled.

Omaha World Herald Article on it

Wisc cannot run. We are improved this year. Without Mertz we would destroy the badger boys. Barry knew this and cacelled rather than take a loss.

Bwaha ha ha Cornsucker fans are crazy AF....even without Mertz Wiscy would have rolled that SHT show you call a team!

You sound like a braskan ;).

Points are what matter, not what ifs and buts.

Right thats my point. We had no problem churning up yards but we scored few points because we shot ourselves in the foot with fumbles, penalties and poor clock management. Our ineptitude doesn't make Purdue's defense better. They still have major issues on defense that make them not a true B1G West contender.

Right thats my point. We had no problem churning up yards but we scored few points because we shot ourselves in the foot with fumbles, penalties and poor clock management. Our ineptitude doesn't make Purdue's defense better. They still have major issues on defense that make them not a true B1G West contender.
Anyone can win the west. Osu is in the east ;)

With Wisconsin's O line, a backup WR could hand the ball off all game and they would go up.and down the field on Debby. OSUs O line is not great this year.

Reactions: waterboy4582
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT