ADVERTISEMENT

Did you attend a public or private school for the majority of your K-12 education? What is the highest level of education you achieved?

Did you attend a public or private school for the majority of your K-12 education? Highest level?

• Total voters
I went to a Catholic grade and high school in the 50s and 60s. I would have been much better off going to a public school. My high school didn't offer trigonometry or physics, not a good look for someone going into STEM in college.

I promised myself that I would sent my kids to public school. My daughter had difficulties in a good public kindergarten and we sent her to a high performance private school for first and second grades. We moved to get her enrolled into a public magnet school for the rest of primary and secondary school. She went to a public undergrad and private grad schools.

On the whole, public education is not failing, there are many parents that are failing, and there are politicians that want public education to fail, but there are many good public school systems that are rarely heard about. With a little effort they are easily found.

I went to a Catholic grade and high school in the 50s and 60s. I would have been much better off going to a public school. My high school didn't offer trigonometry or physics, not a good look for someone going into STEM in college.
I promised myself that I would sent my kids to public school. My daughter had difficulties in a good public kindergarten and we sent her to a high performance private school for first and second grades. We moved to get her enrolled into a public magnet school for the rest of primary and secondary school. She went to a public undergrad and private grad schools.

On the whole, public education is not failing, there are many parents that are failing, and there are politicians that want public education to fail, but there are many good public school systems that are rarely heard about. With a little effort they are easily found.
This. Public Ed is fine. All comparisons are anecdotal.

This. Public Ed is fine. All comparisons are anecdotal.
I actually agree with you on something.

Public K-12, public undergrad and private for 2 master degrees. Wife (no pic) is the same but it’s 2 undergrad and one master degree.

ADVERTISEMENT