ADVERTISEMENT

Did you have to get a permission slip signed to take sex ed when you were in school?

Did your parents have to approve your attendance at sex education class?

• Yes

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • I don't remember

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Home school with OP's mom

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
When I was in middle school in the 1970s in the south, sex education was VERY controversial. Parents didn't want some public school teacher teaching about the birds and bees. They considered that a parent's job.

And today, teachers act like this sort of pushback is a new thing. It's not.

Anyway, did your parents have to approve sex ed for you? Mine did, and frankly, it was pretty sterile biology stuff. Nothing to get excited about. Pretty much a let down after all the build up.

Reactions: LuteHawk
You didn't drink enough in the 80s if you remember a permission note from the 70s.

• Haha
Reactions: seminoleed
No, but the one week we spent in PE I wouldn't really call "sex" education either...I went to HS in Kentucky which sums up why

No. Neither in Catholic school nor public high school. Mormons require permission slips and that's how we got Mormon soaking.

Our local high school had a budget problem. So we
had Drivers Education in the front seat of a car. Then
we had Sex Education in the back seat of that same
car. By combining these two courses you would have
the same female teacher for boys.

Last edited:
Nope. We had a health class like 3 times in JR. High where sex ed was taught.

We had sex Ed in 5th grade. They separated the boys and the girls. If you were laughing they kicked you out.

I went to Catholic school.
What sex education?

Similar,.. We touched on it briefly in biology but that was only because the nun that taught the course was pretty progressive and just chose to do it on her own,.. Very short, discreet and to the point.

And today, teachers act like this sort of pushback is a new thing. It's not.
It isn’t the pushback of requiring permission slips, it is the parental idiocy around sex Ed. Today the parents making the biggest stink about this are citing that schools are encouraging all sorts of crazy shit via sex Ed.

I don't recall having it offered in my school. 'Course, I don't recall a lot of the late 60's either.

Anyhoo, we just self-taught ourselves outside the school boundaries.

Happy Birthday Reaction GIF

ADVERTISEMENT