ADVERTISEMENT

Didn’t get to watch the second half

Thankfully, all I had to do was check the board and with no new threads up but the game thread I knew Iowa had won.

Amazing how many more games Iowa could win if they weren’t so bad at defense.
They had 75 until a 3 at the buzzer.

Based on previous results our D has improved dramatically in the last seven? or so games.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
They had 75 until a 3 at the buzzer.

Based on previous results our D has improved dramatically in the last seven? or so games.
Michigan is th worst team in B1G,but they did beat us at Carver. Winning at Crisler is difficult even when they are bad, so it was great win.

Freeman managed to stay out of foul trouble and that was huge. He played 35 min....I think he played like 20 min vs Purdue and not a lot more vs Maryland due to foul trouble.

Post defense/rebounding was the weakest link at start of season and adding Freeman to starting lineup improved that. Fran is also playing some Dimbele and he is a legit Big10 athlete/musle---prone to mistakes but will get better.

Dix is probably the best perimeter/on ball defender and he's playing more.
Perkins is good defender. Harding/Bowen are solid.

The less PT for bad defenders improves the defense, though obviously the offense suffers. We know which way Fran leans.

Reactions: ZumaHawk
Michigan is th worst team in B1G,but they did beat us at Carver. Winning at Crisler is difficult even when they are bad, so it was great win.

Freeman managed to stay out of foul trouble and that was huge. He played 35 min....I think he played like 20 min vs Purdue and not a lot more vs Maryland due to foul trouble.

Post defense/rebounding was the weakest link at start of season and adding Freeman to starting lineup improved that. Fran is also playing some Dimbele and he is a legit Big10 athlete/musle---prone to mistakes but will get better.

Dix is probably the best perimeter/on ball defender and he's playing more.
Perkins is good defender. Harding/Bowen are solid.

The less PT for bad defenders improves the defense, though obviously the offense suffers. We know which way Fran leans.
Our O is fine and Dembele is fun to watch improve.
Patrick still played too many mins. but wasn't terrible.

It's funny how when Iowa puts up 88 points, nobody seems to complain about how the other team has bad defense.
Why is that funny? Why would Iowa fans complain about the other team's defense or offense or anything? I can only assume they did plenty of that over on the Michigan board though.

Reactions: 83Hawk
Why is that funny? Why would Iowa fans complain about the other team's defense or offense or anything? I can only assume they did plenty of that over on the Michigan board though.

wow

The pretty obvious point I was making was that fans are idiots and just take the side that fits there narrative.

When Iowa scores 90 it's good offense, when Iowa lets another team score 90 it's bad defense. Why can't people see the hypocrisy in that? Both teams have a set of coaches, both teams practice, both teams scout, both teams have players on scholarship.

wow

The pretty obvious point I was making was that fans are idiots and just take the side that fits there narrative.

When Iowa scores 90 it's good offense, when Iowa lets another team score 90 it's bad defense. Why can't people see the hypocrisy in that? Both teams have a set of coaches, both teams practice, both teams scout, both teams have players on scholarship.
Ok.

Reactions: 83Hawk
wow

Ok...sure...I guess. :rolleyes:

Thankfully, all I had to do was check the board and with no new threads up but the game thread I knew Iowa had won.

Amazing how many more games Iowa could win if they weren’t so bad at defense.

Not that it matters to me or anyone else really. But why bitch or complain when you didn’t watch?

wow

Your point would make sense if Iowa normally played good defense. They don’t.

Well bitching may have been the wrong word….my mistake. Just kinda bugs me when people start a post and then say they didn’t watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT