ADVERTISEMENT

Different Directions Since 2015 Big Ten Championship Iowa Michigan State

Iowa Hog

HR MVP
Sep 30, 2001
Whatever happened to Michigan State after beating Iowa in the Big Ten Championship and earning
a berth in the college football playoffs. After going to the college football playoffs, Michigan State
as sunk and Iowa has been progressing upwards. Michigan State as far as I know could have gotten into the Big Ten West, but Michigan State wanted to play with the big boys in the Big Ten East.
Michigan State has found out that they can't compete. Meanwhile the Big Ten West is more exciting than the Big Ten East which is stuck with Rutgers and Maryland every year

Reactions: scotthawk1964
I do not claim to know 1% of what has gone on at MSU since 2015. just something about a sex scandal or series of scandals, and that is about the extent of my knowledge. I suppose somebody might write a book (or books) about it someday

Many years ago when I was a young man on the way up, a local sage pontificated to me that , quote, "anybody who has got a lot more (i.e. money) than anybody else, did something DIRTY to get it."

Michigan State in recent years is the absolute epitome of that sage's statement. sure, they have been successful on the football field.

But just look at how they did it.

I do not claim to know 1% of what has gone on at MSU since 2015. just something about a sex scandal or series of scandals, and that is about the extent of my knowledge. I suppose somebody might write a book (or books) about it someday

Many years ago when I was a young man on the way up, a local sage pontificated to me that , quote, "anybody who has got a lot more (i.e. money) than anybody else, did something DIRTY to get it."

Michigan State in recent years is the absolute epitome of that sage's statement. sure, they have been successful on the football field.

But just look at how they did it.

They decided to take a bunch of character risks on the team instead of building it the right way. Their little streak of success ended up being the exception in that program under Dantonio because they didn’t ever learn their lesson about the Chris L. Rucker’s of the world.

Reactions: And1Hawk
They decided to take a bunch of character risks on the team instead of building it the right way. Their little streak of success ended up being the exception in that program under Dantonio because they didn’t ever learn their lesson about the Chris L. Rucker’s of the world.
Fortunately, Iowa and Kirk were able to weather that storm over a decade ago and have learned from it. They aren’t making the same mistakes and taking just anyone. Credit to Kirk.

Fortunately, Iowa and Kirk were able to weather that storm over a decade ago and have learned from it. They aren’t making the same mistakes and taking just anyone. Credit to Kirk.

Kirk doesn’t get enough credit for learning and applying that knowledge. Few to no programs can claim that the worst thing that happened from a player in 13 years was either a paula, owi, or a disorderly house.

Kirk doesn’t get enough credit for learning and applying that knowledge. Few to no programs can claim that the worst thing that happened from a player in 13 years was either a paula, owi, or a disorderly house.
Just a disorderly house for DJK, thanks for the laugh.

Michigan State had reached the top of the BiG, winning the conference championship and reaching the CFP,, but then they stared believing they they were blue bloods and started committing rapes and various other scandals which caused their house of cards to crumble. ;)

Ohio St, Penn St and Michigan aren't easy teams to be paired with in the East Division. Wisconsin is our bane in the West.

MSU success correlated with Michigan being down. Michigan is back to being a good team and MSU is down. UM owns MSU in recruiting if UM is on the ruse or up

I would trade the last two seasons for that 2015 B1G Championship and a spot in the College Football Playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT