ADVERTISEMENT

Dillon Doyle to Baylor

LOL, kid ends up with a team that finished last year at #13 and played in the Sugar Bowl. So much for those here that said the only reason he was playing at Iowa was because of his dad. Kid is a good athlete and a good player, despite his limited time against a good Wisconsin team. Will be interested to follow his career. Here's to hoping he can continue to kick ISU's ass.

He just got $1.1 Mil and has been making bank for a long time. I would guess some time off is in order. He would also be going from having a lot of say, power and ultimate trust, to having none of those things, (If he could even get hired). Not sure if he is the type that can swallow his pride and deal with his new reality or if he would rather not deal with all the micro-managing he is likely to get.

So you think one of the top college football strength coaches will only get contacted by D3 programs? He will work in D1 again as soon as HE wants to.

giphy.gif

So you think one of the top college football strength coaches will only get contacted by D3 programs? He will work in D1 again as soon as HE wants to.

I agree with the current climate no major college president and AD are going to stick their neck out on the line for a strength and conditioning coach. Way too much drama attached to that name. The African-American athletes would be well aware of his past and not accept the hire.

This thread is about Dillon and best of luck to him. It is an interesting fit in a conference where LBs spend so much time in coverage and the offenses are so spread out.

I agree with the current climate no major college president and AD are going to stick their neck out on the line for a strength and conditioning coach. Way too much drama attached to that name. The African-American athletes would be well aware of his past and not accept the hire.

This thread is about Dillon and best of luck to him. It is an interesting fit in a conference where LBs spend so much time in coverage and the offenses are so spread out.

Zactly

Reactions: littlez
Good landing spot for him at Baylor. I think he will do well there.

With Aranda in Baylor I wouldn't be surprised if Doyle becomes all Big 12. Great defensive mind really great football coach. Doyle will have a pretty big chip on his shoulder.

Why exactly do you think your the only one who has an opinion that might be correct? Seems pretty arrogant. Maybe he gets a good gig, and maybe he doesn't, and maybe he takes some time off. Schools have hired people way worse then anything that Doyle has allegedly done.

Chris Doyle was the poster child of strength and conditioning programs for two decades (and I use the term “poster child” intentionally because he does look like a 14 pound baby fresh out the womb) and I imagine he quietly consults some programs for a year or two until the heat burns off. Then he’ll be given the same job at an SEC school. Down where his views are par for the course.

Dillon isn't a fast linebacker and the big12 has these widespread offenses. So IDK.

Last edited:
Reactions: LGEND24
Congrats to Dillon! I hope he has a very good career!! I hope he gets immediate eligibility. His situation warrants it.

Last edited:
What situation? His dad got fired for being a racist? What does that have to do with him?
Without knowing him, at all, I'll go out on a limb and GUARANTEE that Chris Doyle is not a racist.
He was hard on his guys and some were deeply offended and subsequently decided to harbor their feelings for far too long. AND THEN go about it the wrong way.

Doyle? A racist? Give me a break....

Exactly. SEC, ACC or b12 all over that. Hell, his comments probably made him even more appealing in some southern eyes

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
People deserve second chances, not letting people evolve is so counter productive to growth
And Baylor is not a school that care much about their reputation in the past so it just might work. I think Doyle takes a year repair his image (see Bobbi Petrino) or let things blow over.

Reactions: Kevin Immel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT