ADVERTISEMENT

Dillon Doyle to Baylor

And Baylor is not a school that care much about their reputation in the past so it just might work. I think Doyle takes a year repair his image (see Bobbi Petrino) or let things blow over.
You act like Iowa is some sort of Ivy League school... and if that’s good. Look under Bartas rug.

Last edited:
What situation? His dad got fired for being a racist? What does that have to do with him?

Facts matter as Coach Doyle was not fired, but settled for 15 months pay and benefits with an agreement not to sue. There is no he would have been fired either... He wasn't.

Reactions: Herkyhawk247
The truth stings. Check the headlines. Most use the word “racist” alongside his name now. Who wants to hire that mess? Not a top tier D1 program. Not unless his somehow exonerated.

I’m not saying it’s right. Just calling it like it is.

You are not calling anything like it is. Step into the world of Coaching or an elite level Strength and Conditioning program and you will find out your assumptions about Coach Doyle and the interest in hiring him are far fetched. No elite level D1 program will hire him? Where is your information coming from? I will straight up tell you I met Coach Doyle at Westside Barbell in Columbus Ohio working out with Louie Simmons and Dave Tate in 1999. He was interested in the Westside Conjugate method and I was working with Louie on buying my first reverse hyper. I will straight up tell you his level of knowledge is highly sought after in a world you have zero knowledge about. Coach Doyle knows what happened at Iowa and can and will do what he knows he needs to do to change and move forward.

Reactions: hawkeyeinmo
You are not calling anything like it is. Step into the world of Coaching or an elite level Strength and Conditioning program and you will find out your assumptions about Coach Doyle and the interest in hiring him are far fetched. No elite level D1 program will hire him? Where is your information coming from? I will straight up tell you I met Coach Doyle at Westside Barbell in Columbus Ohio working out with Louie Simmons and Dave Tate in 1999. He was interested in the Westside Conjugate method and I was working with Louie on buying my first reverse hyper. I will straight up tell you his level of knowledge is highly sought after in a world you have zero knowledge about. Coach Doyle knows what happened at Iowa and can and will do what he knows he needs to do to change and move forward.

No one is questioning his technical knowledge... it’s not about that right now, you're missing the point you absolute moron.

The truth stings. Check the headlines. Most use the word “racist” alongside his name now. Who wants to hire that mess? Not a top tier D1 program. Not unless his somehow exonerated.

Check the headlines? Yeah, trust the headlines you dolt.

Hard to imagine a University president signing off on a Doyle hire with the current climate in the country.
Do you realize who the Chancellor of Baylor is? He’s not exactly afraid of taking a firm stance and holding.

Edit: oops. Not chancellor anymore. Apparently I’m living in the past on that one.

He already has offers from D1 and NFL

Reactions: keosauquahawk
No one is questioning his technical knowledge... it’s not about that right now, you're missing the point you absolute moron.

So your retort is calling me a moron... I have not missed a point because you have zero knowledge and have made no point. Your assertion that no D1 school would hire him is wrong and you cannot admit Coach Doyle can and will change because you don't know him. You also have zero knowledge in the coaching profession and do not know anyone who has said they would not hire him. Facts matter

So your retort is calling me a moron... I have not missed a point because you have zero knowledge and have made no point. Your assertion that no D1 school would hire him is wrong and you cannot admit Coach Doyle can and will change because you don't know him. You also have zero knowledge in the coaching profession and do not know anyone who has said they would not hire him. Facts matter

I definitely agree that facts matter, but you've provided none. Zero. That's partly because we are speculating about a potential future event ... not factual things that have occurred or could be measured. But you don't realize this, because you're a dumb, knuckle-dragging .

In fact, your entire way of thinking is delusional. I never said NO D1 school would EVER hire hire a racist like Doyle, but I did say D3 schools will come calling ... because it was hilarious. And you got triggered. Sorry.

Also, speaking of facts. I have absolutely coached. I've also reffed. Also played collegiate athletics! Ha! See, you have no idea what you're saying.

And, you know what, I've also hired a load of people in my career in a variety of roles. And I know how important a mishap like this will be to a future employer, particularly a D1 program that has an image to uphold.

Reactions: littlez
I definitely agree that facts matter, but you've provided none. Zero. That's partly because we are speculating about a potential future event ... not factual things that have occurred or could be measured. But you don't realize this, because you're a dumb, knuckle-dragging bonesmoker.

In fact, your entire way of thinking is delusional. I never said NO D1 school would EVER hire hire a racist like Doyle, but I did say D3 schools will come calling ... because it was hilarious. And you got triggered. Sorry.

Also, speaking of facts. You don't know me, you smelly squirrel-brained dipstick. I have absolutely coached. I've also reffed. Also played collegiate athletics! Ha! See, numbnuts, you have no idea what you're saying.

And, you know what, I've also hired a shitload of people in my career in a variety of roles. And I know how important a mishap like this will be to a future employer, particularly a D1 program that has an image to uphold.

giphy.gif

A long-time, solid poster, Epenesa Eprnesa, just said Doyle already has offers from D1 and NFL.

Would you care to comment?

Reactions: kevmanx
sorry, I was kind of a dick.

to be honest, I would have tended to agree with you, that Doyle would get no D1 interest at this time.

but maybe I was wrong.

NP. All rumors right now or something legit? In my original comment I said nothing will actually happen until the investigation clears. That’s still going to be the case I would think.

LOL, kid ends up with a team that finished last year at #13 and played in the Sugar Bowl. So much for those here that said the only reason he was playing at Iowa was because of his dad. Kid is a good athlete and a good player, despite his limited time against a good Wisconsin team. Will be interested to follow his career. Here's to hoping he can continue to kick ISU's ass.

I don't know who "those here" that were stating that, but Dillon was in a strong position to be a starter at LB here this upcoming season, and it had nothing to do with his dad being on the coaching staff. It was probably ISU & Nebraska trolls honestly. So disappointed that his dad torpedoed his dream of playing his collegiate career at Iowa, and I wish him success and all the best.

By not shedding blocks and looking lost in coverage? I don’t remember JJ having those qualities.
I do, unfortunately. It was against Tennessee in the Gator Bowl. Granted, he was a freshman and went on to have an excellent career for the Hawks and I think that game helped him grow and become a better player.

doyle was a scapegoat, thrown under the bus . he ought to go to Michigan or osu or somewhere with main goal of kicking Iowa's arse.

I thought most of the allegations coming from the players was more directed at Doyle.
Don't think he was thrown under the bus for sure or not.
Yea other coaches were brought into the issue but I understand it as it was mostly about Doyle's actions.

I do, unfortunately. It was against Tennessee in the Gator Bowl. Granted, he was a freshman and went on to have an excellent career for the Hawks and I think that game helped him grow and become a better player.
I recall Josey having 14 tackles in that game. The defense as a whole sucked bilgewater that day, but Josey was not the problem.

Reactions: EBL#7
Interesting development. I mean I totally feel for DD, BUT its not like he was forced out, or has a medical reason to be closer to home, or any of the other reasons the NCAA usually grants, while overlooking other possible situations. I mean is this the ONE time they actually did the right thing for an athlete? I'd be really interested to hear why they granted his appeal....

Good for Dillon. This is a case where it is easy to see why it was approved. And by the way, if you do not believe he wasn't forced out by some of the players, you are just not very intelligent. After a number of players attacked his father, how exactly is he suppose to continue playing here? His position here was no longer a healthy environment.

Hard to imagine a University president signing off on a Doyle hire with the current climate in the country.
You haven't paid attention to the hires Baylor has done in the past if you think a couple kids calling Doyle a bully is too risky.

Good for Dillon. This is a case where it is easy to see why it was approved. And by the way, if you do not believe he wasn't forced out by some of the players, you are just not very intelligent. After a number of players attacked his father, how exactly is he suppose to continue playing here? His position here was no longer a healthy environment.

Totally wrong.
When Dillon announced he was transferring at the June 8(or whatever date) first team meeting the room exploded with basically all team members shouting no...they wanted Dillon to stay. Support to stay was strongest among the black players who recognized and said Dillon did not do anything wrong. Many many tried to talk Dillon into staying on.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Totally wrong.
When Dillon announced he was transferring at the June 8(or whatever date) first team meeting the room exploded with basically all team members shouting no...they wanted Dillon to stay. Support to stay was strongest among the black players who recognized and said Dillon did not do anything wrong. Many many tried to talk Dillon into staying on.

I see the kids point. No one stood up for his father. Why stay. He has a certain view of his father and it was not in alignment with no one standing up for him. He departed. His loyalty to his father was stronger than any loyalty to Iowa.

I am sure a part of it may also have been him believing he would be an ongoing distraction for the team because of his last name.

First off read mariner67 post, so I don't have to repeat the whole thing, OK? Nice of you to be the hall moniter for who is intelligent though, so thanks for that. The players wanted him to stay. The attacks were 99% from players no longer at Iowa, and never played with DD. Still, I totally understand DD wanting a fresh start, and am happy for him. My point is that ALL the kids who transfer want a fresh start for various reasons, and some of them just as toxic as what he's involved in, (again considering that the current players love the kid), and yet the NCAA never even sniffs most of those cases. Just curious, thats all......

I have a Westside Reverse Hyper in my home gym. Best piece of equipment I ever bought. You're a lucky man getting to workout with Louie and Dave Tate. I bet that was an amazing experience.

Headlines are what the public and recruits will see now. That’s reality. Unfortunately. And go back and look at my post. I literally said “I’m not saying it’s right” that was referring to the racism word being used in headlines.

Not one person on the WUW podcast called Doyle racist. Including Daniels and Lomax.

Without knowing him, at all, I'll go out on a limb and GUARANTEE that Chris Doyle is not a racist.
He was hard on his guys and some were deeply offended and subsequently decided to harbor their feelings for far too long. AND THEN go about it the wrong way.

Doyle? A racist? Give me a break....
Guaranteeing something you admit to knowing nothing about? Nice one

You met him once in ‘99, yet know his current demand in the s&c coaching ranks?

Reactions: TheVegvisir
ADVERTISEMENT