ADVERTISEMENT

Diner owner refuses SHS service on moral grounds

No, it's not good. I respect the business owner's right to choose whoever they want to serve, and prefer the market sort it out, but this kind of thing is not good.

When you're telling someone what restaurant it's ok to eat at, you've gone too far.
I said “Good for them” in regards to giving SHS and her family a little “taste” of the very (poor) policies that the Republicans and the Administration are pushing and that SHS continually defends. I see it more as a “two can play at this game” kind of thing and I think it was a perfect response. I do agree with your comment about let business owners do what they want and the market can sort it out. I also agree with your comment about where this type of behavior can lead but that is exactly the point this business owner is making.

Cons: DISCRIMINATION IS A GOD GIVEN RIGHT!

Also Cons: YOU CAN’T DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ME!
Uh, no.

If Sarah wanted them to cater a party at her home then they should have the right to decline. But if her and her family want to come in and eat dinner then you can’t kick them out unless they do something wrong.

Having said that, if I was SHS I would never eat in a restaurant because I know there’s a pretty good chance someone will put something in my food that doesn’t belong in my food.

Uh, no.

If Sarah wanted them to cater a party at her home then they should have the right to decline. But if her and her family want to come in and eat dinner then you can’t kick them out unless they do something wrong.

Having said that, if I was SHS I would never eat in a restaurant because I know there’s a pretty good chance someone will put something in my food that doesn’t belong in my food.
Cons wanted the door open, can’t complain about the flys now.

That time passed when you opened the door. Time to deal with the reality you wanted. I tried to protect you, you slapped me away. Now eat your crow.
I’ve been crystal clear about the reality I wanted. If you own a restaurant then you serve every diner who wants to sit down and eat. Doesn’t matter if they’re gay or straight, black or white, Republican or Democrat.

I’ve been crystal clear about the reality I wanted. If you own a restaurant then you serve every diner who wants to sit down and eat. Doesn’t matter if they’re gay or straight, black or white, Republican or Democrat.
Then you should have kept the door closed. You get no credit where you give none.

Then you should have kept the door closed. You get no credit where you give none.
Doors have hinges. They can be opened and closed as necessary. If SHS wanted the owner to cater a party at her home then I would fully support his right to say no. But if her and 7 family members want to dine in your restaurant of public accommodation then you hold your nose and serve them.

This is not complicated.

Doors have hinges. They can be opened and closed as necessary. If SHS wanted the owner to cater a party at her home then I would fully support his right to say no. But if her and 7 family members want to dine in your restaurant of public accommodation then you hold your nose and serve them.

This is not complicated.
It got a lot more complicated recently.

I don't think you understand what discrimination is.

Discrimination, by itself, isn't wrong. Humans discriminate all the time. What's wrong is discrimination that's based on some sort of protected characteristic, like race or religion.

Political affiliation is not a protected characteristic.

That said, I think it would be morally wrong to refuse service because a patron is wearing a MAGA hat, if hats are otherwise allowed in the establishment.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
Refusing to serve all gays? Dicrimination.
Refusing to serve one particular asshole? Not discrmination.

sarah Huckabee sanders as far as I know is a moral person who is a chrisitian or Mormon or at least a church goer. what exactly is immoral about her? now, you could say you 86'ed her cause you disagree with her POLITICS , then you would be telling the truth.

Discrimination, by itself, it's wrong. Humans discriminate all the time. What's wrong is discrimination that's based on some sort of protected characteristic, like race or religion.

That said, I think it would be morally wrong to refuse service because a patron is wearing a MAGA hat, if hats are otherwise allowed in the establishment.
A hat person wasn't thrown out. The president's lying lap dog was.

Discrimination, by itself, it's wrong. Humans discriminate all the time. What's wrong is discrimination that's based on some sort of protected characteristic, like race or religion.

this restaurant just needs to hang a sign on the door that only lib dems are allowed. it's all politics

Reactions: Greenway12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT