ADVERTISEMENT

Diner owner refuses SHS service on moral grounds

This is like talking to my kids when they were young. The President didn't say anyone was racial profiling but rather acted stupidly.

Let me give you an example. When my son first learned to drive I would tell him to pull into the garage slowly so he could stop at the correct spot. One day my son pulled in to fast and went to far and hit the snowblower. I reminded him (in a loud voice) that I had told him not to go fast and it was a dumb move. He got all defensive and said I was calling him dumb and went so far as to say I was telling him he was a bad driver. Eventually when we all calmed down I explained that I wasn't criticizing him but rather what he did. It didn't mean he was a bad driver. He eventually understood.

Looking at the Obama situation, you responding like my son's initial response. You've take a comment of the police acting stupid to Obama saying a citizen was racial profiling. You need to Grow up and act like an adult. Even my son at 16 understood eventually and he's a better person for it.

weather-snow-snows-snowy-sun-suns-jmp051129_low.jpg

Even a teenager could easily surmise that Obama was referring specifically to Sgt Crowley when he made his comments.

So you’re okay with the President of the United States accusing a private citizen of racial profiling, even when he admits he doesn’t know all the facts of the case.

Agreed. ^^

FWIW, I don't understand why some are going to such lengths here to spin what Obama did relative to calling out that police officer. It was clear to anyone paying attention to that episode at the time that the arresting officer(Crowley) on the scene was being called out by the sitting President. That Obama did not specifically name him in his very public comments mattered very little as the corresponding news accounts all freely publicized his name at the time, usually within seconds of replaying the Obama clip.

Question - did the corresponding "Beer Summit" to essentially bury the hatchet between Gates and the offender(s) include the entire Cambridge police force OR only Sgt. Crowley? There's your answer.

This is like talking to my kids when they were young. The President didn't say anyone was racial profiling but rather acted stupidly.

Obama's exact words -

"I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that. But I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home, and, number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there's a long history in this country of African Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately."

He said both...in the same paragraph. Can you not comprehend that two things can happen at the same time?

Next you are going to say that he didn't use the exact phrase, "racial profiling". Although his last sentence is clearly implying that.

Question - did the corresponding "Beer Summit" to essentially bury the hatchet between Gates and the offender(s) include the entire Cambridge police force OR only Sgt. Crowley? There's your answer.
I think the entire Cambridge Police Department was there for the Beer Summit, all 300 or so officers. Taggart and Rosewood ordered club sodas, though.

Obama's exact words -

"I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that. But I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home, and, number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there's a long history in this country of African Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately."

He said both...in the same paragraph. Can you not comprehend that two things can happen at the same time?

Next you are going to say that he didn't use the exact phrase, "racial profiling". Although his last sentence is clearly implying that.
Paraphrasing Otter’s speech from “Animal House” has been SB’s only worthwhile contribution to this thread.

Well, that and his riveting snowblower anecdote.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Paraphrasing Otter’s speech from “Animal House” has been SB’s only worthwhile contribution to this thread.

Well, that and his riveting snowblower anecdote.

Well with his awesome communication skills I am only surprised to hear that the kid did not drive that car clear through the garage wall! :)

Reactions: TJ8869
Obama's exact words -

He said he didn't know what role race played in it. Is he wrong with saying there's a history of certain groups being stopped by the police. Are you going to deny that? You can have a different opinion but that doesn't make other's wrong.

He said he didn't know what role race played in it. Is he wrong with saying there's a history of certain groups being stopped by the police. Are you going to deny that? You can have a different opinion but that doesn't make other's wrong.
He said he didn’t know what role race played, and then immediately proceeded to state that the police acted stupidly and there is a history of minorities being racially profiled. That’s about the most thinly veiled racial profiling accusation I’ve ever heard.

Well with his awesome communication skills I am only surprised to hear that the kid did not drive that car clear through the garage wall! :)

Best of luck in life with your limited viewpoint. My son is doing well and very successful. I hope that someday you'll be able to move on in life but until then have fun being outraged by Obama saying someone did something stupid. While at the same time being ok with what our current president is doing and saying on a daily basis.

See TJ's answer...he wrote what I was going to write.

Best of luck in life with your limited viewpoint. My son is doing well and very successful. I hope that someday you'll be able to move on in life but until then have fun being outraged by Obama saying someone did something stupid. While at the same time being ok with what our current president is doing and saying on a daily basis.

It's good to hear that your son is doing well, congrats!

Where did you pick up that I was outraged? Because I don't remember being outraged or saying that I was. Also, where did you read that I was OK with Trump's comments? Once again, I did not think that or say that.

Obama was out of line in his comments against Sgt. Crowley and so is Trump when he comments towards either the restaurant or to, or about, specific individuals. IMO it is beneath, and sometimes way beneath, the office of the POTUS to be making specific, derogatory comments towards citizens and private entities...no matter who is doing it.

I am not defending Trump, and while he is taking us to new lows, he is certainly not the first or the only POTUS to engage in such pettiness. Unfortunately, in the era of 24x7 "news" coverage and wall to wall social media presence, true statesmen are in short supply these days.

Reactions: Rifler
See TJ's answer...he wrote what I was going to write.

My reply is the same. He said he didn't know the role that race played. Again, good luck in life being outraged by Obama saying someone didn't something stupid, years ago, while letting the current president slide on everything. It's just very interesting that you're hung up on what a black man said about a white man years ago, but you're totally ok with whatever a white man says about Blacks and Hispanics. I used to think TJ was thinking like a child, and maybe I was right. But then again maybe there's another reason.

My reply is the same. He said he didn't know the role that race played. Again, good luck in life being outraged by Obama saying someone didn't something stupid, years ago, while letting the current president slide on everything. It's just very interesting that you're hung up on what a black man said about a white man years ago, but you're totally ok with whatever a white man says about Blacks and Hispanics. I used to think TJ was thinking like a child, and maybe I was right. But then again maybe there's another reason.
Show me an example of me defending Trump denigrating blacks and Hispanics. Show me an example using words that I have written. Otherwise shut the fvck up with your horseshit racism accusations.

Wow, you have some serious reading comprehension issues sir. Again...where do you see me being outraged? Where do you see me being OK with either POTUS stooping to such low standards of behavior? Where have I introduced race, at all, into what I have written here about these situations?

You are truly just making stuff up here.

Show me an example of me defending Trump denigrating blacks and Hispanics. Show me an example using words that I have written. Otherwise shut the fvck up with your horseshit racism accusations.

Just think about this. All these posts about Obama and never have I seen you post a negative post about Trump in the same way. Why do you think that is?

You're also back to your rules again. You want me to show examples in words you've actually written. But with Obama, you're ok with taking his words and adding your interpretation.

Wow, you have some serious reading comprehension issues sir. Again...where do you see me being outraged? Where do you see me being OK with either POTUS stooping to such low standards of behavior? Where have I introduced race, at all, into what I have written here about these situations?

You are truly just making stuff up here.

You're posting about something Obama said years ago and all he said was the police did something stupid. Why is that so important to comment on when there's so much more currently going on.

Just think about this. All these posts about Obama and never have I seen you post a negative post about Trump in the same way. Why do you think that is?

You're also back to your rules again. You want me to show examples in words you've actually written. But with Obama, you're ok with taking his words and adding your interpretation.
I posted words that Obama actually said. You just blatantly made up lies about me. I have criticized Trump many times over the past 3 years, particularly his juvenile Twitter feed.

If you’re going to accuse me of racism then you’d damn well better bring some evidence with you.

I posted words that Obama actually said. You just blatantly made up lies about me. I have criticized Trump many times over the past 3 years, particularly his juvenile Twitter feed.

If you’re going to accuse me of racism then you’d damn well better bring some evidence with you.

If people are seeing racism in your posts, that's not coming from me.

We would be remiss to not tip our caps to the great men and women in blue, the vast majority of whom risk their lives daily to protect and serve! Sure there are always a few bad apples in any profession, but most of them do a fantastic job in an extremely tough environment, getting tougher every day.

You're posting about something Obama said years ago and all he said was the police did something stupid. Why is that so important to comment on when there's so much more currently going on.

So ya got nuthin. Can't find anywhere I said what you are purporting that I said so you side step those direct questions again.

Her restaurant is closed and she has people marching in the street.
She did not win lol
She also tried to get a gang of people to go over to the other restaurant to continue the harassment.

This lady is unhinged.

MAGAts getting ANGRY!!!!:mad:
Presumably you’re at least intelligent enough that you understand how absurd the Trump/Hitler comparisons are and you’re simply trolling.

The problem is that there is a significant percentage of Americans who honest-to-God believe them and believe them with every fiber of their being. And that’s kind of a sobering thought.

Presumably you’re at least intelligent enough that you understand how absurd the Trump/Hitler comparisons are

Protip: The comparison was made about PROPAGANDISTS being denied restaurant/entertainment services.

If you want to assert what SHS conveys publicly as NOT propaganda, go for it.

Protip: The comparison was made about PROPAGANDISTS being denied restaurant/entertainment services.

If you want to assert what SHS conveys publicly as NOT propaganda, go for it.
You give some of the worst pro tips.

The comparison was about HITLER’S propagandist and Trump’s propagandist. It was a comparison of Helene Riefenstahl in 1938 and Sarah Huckabee Sanders in 2018.

Pro tip - it’s a horseshit comparison.

Pro tip - avoid the temptation to be a fvcking moron.

You give some of the worst pro tips.

The comparison was about HITLER’S propagandist and Trump’s propagandist. It was a comparison of Helene Riefenstahl in 1938 and Sarah Huckabee Sanders in 2018.
Yes. We know that; they were BOTH propagandists, who BOTH lied about inhumane policies and treatment of people.

They BOTH were booted from restaurants.

Protip: When you're AGREEING on the similarities, then the COMPARISON is spot-on.

Yes. We know that; they were BOTH propagandists, who BOTH lied about inhumane policies and treatment of people.

Protip: When you're AGREEING on the similarities, then the COMPARISON is spot-on.

I remember when you weren’t a nut job. Those were the good old days.

Reactions: BrianNole09
I remember when you weren’t a nut job. Those were the good old days.

Translation 2.0: "I remember when you used to call out the Obama Administration on stuff, and I agreed with it. But now, you're calling out the Trump Administration, and it's making my brain hurt."

Reactions: Raglefant
Translation 2.0: "I remember when you used to call out the Obama Administration on stuff, and I agreed with it. But now, you're calling out the Trump Administration, and it's making my brain hurt."

Called out the Obama administration? For what, not being liberal enough? For no carbon tax?

John Lickliter and LeBron James both like to play basketball.

Chesley Sullenberger and Mohammed Atta shared a keen interest in flying.

James Corden and Charles Manson - both huge fans of The White Album.

You know, Donald Trump must be the laziest and most ineffectual maniacal despot in world history.

By this point in his career, Adolf Hitler already had executed hundreds of his political opponents. Donald Trump shakes hands with an inordinate level of vigor.

Hitler had already legally declared himself dictator and banned all other political parties. Trump is scrambling to maintain a Republican majority on Capitol Hill in the upcoming midterm elections.

Hitler had banned and burned thousands of books and taken complete control of national media. Trump takes potshots at CNN on his Twitter feed and can’t even get Samantha Bee and Kathy Griffin to stfu. And the one celebrity who supports him got fired from her own damn show.

Hitler had already started subjecting Jews and other undesirables to forcible abortions. Trump is mulling over whether to nominate a SCOTUS justice who opposes Roe v Wade because if his candidate is too extreme then female senators from Alaska and Maine might sink the nomination.

Hitler had already banned Jews from receiving health insurance. Trump tried unsuccessfully to roll back Obamacare.

Hitler had already banned Jews from working as teachers, accountants, doctors, and lawyers, among other professions. Our accounting firms and law offices are filled with Jews.

Hitler already had concentration camps up and running and killing Jews at Dachau and Buchenwald and Breitenau. Trump converted a former Walmart into a temporary holding center for Mexican and Central American kids whose parents tried to sneak them into the US.

If Trump was a contestant on “Celebrity Apprentice - Fascist Dictator Edition” he would have been fired a long time ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
John Lickliter and LeBron James both like to play basketball.

Chesley Sullenberger and Mohammed Atta shared a keen interest in flying.

James Corden and Charles Manson - both huge fans of The White Album.

You know, Donald Trump must be the laziest and most ineffectual maniacal despot in world history.

By this point in his career, Adolf Hitler already had executed hundreds of his political opponents. Donald Trump shakes hands with an inordinate level of vigor.

Hitler had already legally declared himself dictator and banned all other political parties. Trump is scrambling to maintain a Republican majority on Capitol Hill in the upcoming midterm elections.

Hitler had banned and burned thousands of books and taken complete control of national media. Trump takes potshots at CNN on his Twitter feed and can’t even get Samantha Bee and Kathy Griffin to stfu. And the one celebrity who supports him got fired from her own damn show.

Hitler had already started subjecting Jews and other undesirables to forcible abortions. Trump is mulling over whether to nominate a SCOTUS justice who opposes Roe v Wade.

Hitler had already banned Jews from receiving health insurance. Trump tried unsuccessfully to roll back Obamacare.

Hitler had already banned Jews from working as teachers, accountants, doctors, and lawyers, among other professions. Our accounting firms and law offices are filled with Jews.

Hitler already had concentration camps up and running and killing Jews at Dachau and Buchenwald and Breitenau. Trump converted a former Walmart into a temporary holding center for Mexican and Central American kids whose parents tried to sneak them into the US.

If Trump was a contestant on “Celebrity Apprentice - Fascist Dictator Edition” he would have been fired a long time ago.

That was a LOT of work, to simply admit that two "propagandists" got booted out of restaurants.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT