ADVERTISEMENT

Dinner at Costco

Hawki97

HR Legend
Dec 16, 2001
Iowa City, IA
I had to make the Costco run tonight - I couldn’t believe how packed the food court thingy was on a rando Tuesday! 4:45pm and every table was full with people shoving down $1.50 hot dogs, pizza slices, those chicken bake things, and churros. Most didn’t seem to have a cart with them meaning they either didn’t plan to shop or hadn’t gone yet. Ages ranged from teens / 20’s to retirees.

Is this common? The no pics wife usually does the shopping so I don’t see it regularly. I got fatter just walking by.

I had to make the Costco run tonight - I couldn’t believe how packed the food court thingy was on a rando Tuesday! 4:45pm and every table was full with people shoving down $1.50 hot dogs, pizza slices, those chicken bake things, and churros. Most didn’t seem to have a cart with them meaning they either didn’t plan to shop or hadn’t gone yet. Ages ranged from teens / 20’s to retirees.

Is this common? The no pics wife usually does the shopping so I don’t see it regularly. I got fatter just walking by.

Costco churros suck. Only churro worst than Costco's, was one from a random NYC subway station. The hot dogs are good though.

Reactions: Mayland

Did you pick up a Giant Pumpkin Pie to crack open for dessert?

Reactions: franklinman
Food court dining is depressing, unless you are talking about the golden age of K-Mart.
CSB, my dinner tonight came from Costco. It was one of those packaged beef pot roast things. Heat and serve. Just delightful.

Did you pick up a Giant Pumpkin Pie to crack open for dessert?

I shop for groceries about once every 6 months. I’m given a very specific list and told not to deviate. There was no giant pumpkin pie on it so that did not come home with me. There was some s’more Fannie May clusters that they were giving samples of that I almost went with…but thankfully my instincts kicked in and I didn’t grab the bag.

Last edited:
I shop for groceries about once every 6 months. I’m given a very specific list and told not to deviate. There was no giant pumpkin pie on it so that did not come home with me.

Come home with you? No....that was "dessert", yo....

Food court dining is depressing, unless you are talking about the golden age of K-Mart.
CSB, my dinner tonight came from Costco. It was one of those packaged beef pot roast things. Heat and serve. Just delightful.

I’ve probably been to Costco around 10 times ever…I’m always amazed at the rando stuff they have there. Didn’t realize they had these ready to eat type meals.

I’ve probably been to Costco around 10 times ever…I’m always amazed at the rando stuff they have there. Didn’t realize they had these ready to eat type meals.
They rotate through a good selection of stuff. And, to be clear, we are talking about packaged and shipped in by a manufacturer, not something they do on site. I get several each time I visit the store and use them for meals at work, usually.

Sorry, I don’t do Costco often so not following. Is this pumpkin pie on their food court menu?
No

You buy the GIANT pie for like $5.99, and it's easily 3x bigger than most of your regular store ones...

It'd be a pretty large dessert in the food court, but you'd get some "looks"....

I’ve probably been to Costco around 10 times ever…I’m always amazed at the rando stuff they have there.
I can honestly say there are days where I am wearing all Costco clothes. I bought a pair of the Orvis trek pants and have since purchased a pair in every color. Same with their Eddie Bauer jeans and a number of Orvis, Eddie Bauer, and some other brands (Weathertech, Voyager, Volcum, etc) tops.

I can honestly say there are days where I am wearing all Costco clothes. I bought a pair of the Orvis trek pants and have since purchased a pair in every color. Same with their Eddie Bauer jeans and a number of Orvis, Eddie Bauer, and some other brands (Weathertech, Voyager, Volcum, etc) tops.

I know a guy who is you + he buys his cars and books his vacations through Costco. Lunch everyday at the food court too. He’s gone a little overboard IMHO.

Reactions: Moral
They rotate through a good selection of stuff. And, to be clear, we are talking about packaged and shipped in by a manufacturer, not something they do on site. I get several each time I visit the store and use them for meals at work, usually.

Huh. You learn something every day!

I know a guy who is you + he buys his cars and books his vacations through Costco. Lunch everyday at the food court too. He’s gone a little overboard IMHO.
Never bought a car or booked vacation through Costco. Food court is 50% of the time we go so maybe 1-2x per month.
That being said they do have some good deals on new cars in todays economy where dealers are charging MSRP or higher.

I blew $185 at Costco tonight. I only intended to pick up toilet paper and dish washer pods. Ended up getting a bunch of other crap and the food court was slammed as usual.

Reactions: Moral
My best Costco food court story is walking by after checking out and seeing a guy that had bought one of the $5 rotisserie chickens eating it at a food court table with his bare hands. No drink, no utensils, just a stack of the crappy food court napkins and his chicken.

That was just “Rotisserie Chicken Man”.

Thread 'Another huge event in Philly. Quite the week.'
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/another-huge-event-in-philly-quite-the-week.405095/

My best Costco food court story is walking by after checking out and seeing a guy that had bought one of the $5 rotisserie chickens eating it at a food court table with his bare hands. No drink, no utensils, just a stack of the crappy food court napkins and his chicken.

This makes sense to me. I'll take that over a hot dog. Their hot dogs aren't that bad, either.

Utensils are overrated. Give me a couple of Clorox wipes to remove the grease from my fingers and a big stack of napkins......good to go.

• Haha
Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
No

You buy the GIANT pie for like $5.99, and it's easily 3x bigger than most of your regular store ones...

It'd be a pretty large dessert in the food court, but you'd get some "looks"....
Better yet, order one of those massive sheet cakes for $20 and just plow through that bad boy.

The $9.95 pizza is convenient to pick up while shopping, but I wouldn't go out of my way for the food court.

No

Better yet, order one of those massive sheet cakes for $20 and just plow through that bad boy.

The $9.95 pizza is convenient to pick up while shopping, but I wouldn't go out of my way for the food court.

This makes sense to me. I'll take that over a hot dog. Their hot dogs aren't that bad, either.

Utensils are overrated. Give me a couple of Clorox wipes to remove the grease from my fingers and a big stack of napkins......good to go.

It's not the best food in the world but if you are looking for a cheap food you don't have to cook. Costco kind of fits the bill.

For the dark meat. What would give me pause is tearing apart a chicken breast with my fingers, in public.

Right there with ya. My wife likes to joke that I'd never buy new clothes if I didn't go to Costco.

I like the people with shopping baskets full of rotisserie chickens. I jokingly asked a woman one time if she had a hungry family and she told me that the chicken was for soup at the Mexican restaurant a few neighborhoods over

I like the people with shopping baskets full of rotisserie chickens. I jokingly asked a woman one time if she had a hungry family and she told me that the chicken was for soup at the Mexican restaurant a few neighborhoods over

At Sam's in Ankeny, their rotisserie chicken sales have exploded. I was there one day and there was a line about 30 people long and I had no idea what it was for. I asked and they said they were waiting for the rotisserie chickens to be done and put out. When they are done they are all pretty much taken. It is a great value and a loss leader, but it didn't use to be this way. I guess it might make sense for restaurants now with inflation, but as a customer I would be disappointed to learn that they didn't make their own chicken. Maybe I'm naïve though.

I always try to shop on a full stomach, otherwise I'm buying the most random shit because it looks tasty. I say they're enacting best practices

Reactions: Sheahawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT