ADVERTISEMENT

discussed earlier, new football tradition

Why would they want fans to wave at them? Seems like a better thing would be for the team to wave to them

Reactions: mtown66
That sounds like a great idea, and in 20 years, we can call it a tradition. Right about the time Brad Bank's new baby boy (Jr) takes the field.

Sedge

Reactions: hawkbleeder
Cool, hope it catches on.
I have had several kids down there (older facility) and anything that uplifts their spirits is a wonderful gesture.

Last edited:
Reactions: Herkmeister
Do a card stunt with hearts on them. Don't think they are going to notice a non synced wave.

I quit following Hawkeye Heaven a long time ago; he loves taking credit for stuff like this. Also, once he started charging people for "advertising" on his page, I lost complete interest in what he was posting. Seriously, it seemed like 1 of every 3 posts was an ad; I don't want a damn "scentsy" candle, for crying out loud. He is making money off of "the best Hawkeye page out there" (his words, not mine); good for him; I just don't care to partake.

Yeah look at the picture. Half of the stands are not even visible and the people they could see would look like ants from that distance.

I quit following Hawkeye Heaven a long time ago; he loves taking credit for stuff like this. Also, once he started charging people for "advertising" on his page, I lost complete interest in what he was posting. Seriously, it seemed like 1 of every 3 posts was an ad; I don't want a damn "scentsy" candle, for crying out loud. He is making money off of "the best Hawkeye page out there" (his words, not mine); good for him; I just don't care to partake.

Just relaying this to KMM. He might want to sell autographed footballs there. @qtip25

Just trying to help a former player. :D

Reactions: qtip25
Yeah look at the picture. Half of the stands are not even visible and the people they could see would look like ants from that distance.

Yeah, why try to do something inspirational to help ill people. Too far away. Waving not synchronized. Can see only half the crowd.

I'll wait for you to come up with an idea that's better Haekfeever. Thanks for pulling my head out of my ass. :confused:

Well, your Google history tells him that's exactly what you want.

This is what a person has to love about some message board posters ... Someone shares a simple message ... passing on a neat idea ... and the Debbie Downers of the world want to shoot holes in it ... Cripes people (some of you) ...

Because were not big on forcing acts of kindness, just because someone thought it be neato?

Reactions: millah_22
Ya, let's just trash any effort to do something that its intention is good.

Let's just drop the kid captain tradition (aka gesture by some posters definition) too, cuz no one in the hospital can really see or recognize him/her from Stead Hospital or even from the upper rows inside the stadium for that matter. After all, the football program has never done anything for that hospital or the kids.

I guess Complainers gonna complain.

Last edited:
Reactions: naturalmwa
I think it's cool, and the players will be waving too. They are becoming aware of this topic.
It will become a huge deal for those poor kids, and something they will look forward to every game.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Ya, let's just trash any effort to do something that its intention is good.

Let's just drop the kid captain tradition (aka gesture by some posters definition) too, cuz no one in the hospital can really see or recognize him/her from Stead Hospital or even from the upper rows inside the stadium for that matter. After all, the football program has never done anything for that hospital or the kids.

I guess Complainers gonna complain.

Holy hyperbole batman!

Every single tradition was once new.

Yes...and it wasn't a "tradition", nor was it called that...until years later when it actually had become one. Let me help you out...

tra·di·tion
trəˈdiSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.

Yes...and it wasn't a "tradition", nor was it called that...until years later when it actually had become one. Let me help you out...

tra·di·tion
trəˈdiSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.
Yep, I understand your point. You just come off wrong.

When someone says "Let's start a new tradition" their point is that they want to start something cool that will be continued.

You are trying to teach everybody a lesson on what the definition of a tradition is, but you come off as somebody who wants snuff out anything before it can become a tradition.

Traditions are what make college football unique. Let's make them, not douse them.

Reactions: mtown66
Yep, I understand your point. You just come off wrong.

When someone says "Let's start a new tradition" their point is that they want to start something cool that will be continued.

You are trying to teach everybody a lesson on what the definition of a tradition is, but you come off as somebody who wants snuff out anything before it can become a tradition.

Traditions are what make college football unique. Let's make them, not douse them.
--------------------------------------------
Dude, not trying to start a pissing match here...but there's enough false assumption, error, and contradiction in your post for several.

I'm not trying to "teach" anybody anything...unless of course they really don't understand what a tradition is..then, well, you're welcome. And how exactly do I come off "wrong". Didn't know there was a right and wrong on opinion boards...apart from factual citations of course.

I'm not trying to "snuff out" anything. A quick look at my previous posts would tell you I think it's a pretty cool idea...the connection between the football program and Children's Hospital is a special one. I love the kid Captains.

Traditions are what make college football special..that's why I love it (and I'm guessing for you too). But it's a leap to call this a "tradition" before it's even happened once. (understanding full well that we live in the age of instant fulfilment, awesome and best ever everything, give it to me now, etc etc). Some things still take time...and only time...makes them special.

No further explanation will suffice if that doesn't make sense.

--------------------------------------------
Dude, not trying to start a pissing match here...but there's enough false assumption, error, and contradiction in your post for several.

I'm not trying to "teach" anybody anything...unless of course they really don't understand what a tradition is..then, well, you're welcome. And how exactly do I come off "wrong". Didn't know there was a right and wrong on opinion boards...apart from factual citations of course.

I'm not trying to "snuff out" anything. A quick look at my previous posts would tell you I think it's a pretty cool idea...the connection between the football program and Children's Hospital is a special one. I love the kid Captains.

Traditions are what make college football special..that's why I love it (and I'm guessing for you too). But it's a leap to call this a "tradition" before it's even happened once. (understanding full well that we live in the age of instant fulfilment, awesome and best ever everything, give it to me now, etc etc). Some things still take time...and only time...makes them special.

No further explanation will suffice if that doesn't make sense.
I guess we should have taken into consideration that being an asshat is enough for you. Congrats, you achieved it.

Wouldn't it be interesting to know stats behind how many threads turn in to pissing matches between a couple/handful of people?

I'm won't either and I sit on the side that would wave.. plus end of the 1st is for kirks captains.. maybe if they said after Kirk captains you wave at the hospital..

I am either not reading this correctly or am totally ignorant of that which you speak... what is this?

Reactions: Herkmeister
I am either not reading this correctly or am totally ignorant of that which you speak... what is this?
The kid captains.. they are usually introduce between the 1st and 2nd quarter. They tie directly in with the U of i hospital, that would be the best time to try and do this wave thing

Reactions: HawkIDrummer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT