ADVERTISEMENT

Disinfectant ‘inside the body’

Inhaling an antiseptic through nasal passages is basically the same as injecting a disinfectant. Same thing as snorting coke and injecting heroine, there's no real difference... same ballpark right?
Uh that comparison was a massive fail. Maybe try again?

And low cognition isn’t really a thing for me. Not trying to be immodest but I didn’t get where I am by taking advantage of some affirmative action program for idiots. I kinda earned it.

You in a nutshell. And kinda earned what exactly? The right to shit post on message boards, in repeated futile attempts to try to convince strangers you are super smart and oh so very successful in order to boost the shockingly low self esteem you keep hidden?

Reactions: Rudolph
You in a nutshell. And kinda earned what exactly? The right to shit post on message boards, in repeated futile attempts to try to convince strangers you are super smart and oh so very successful in order to boost the shockingly low self esteem you keep hidden?
You don’t know me very well. I have never in my life been accused of low self esteem. Anyone that knows me would laugh their ass off if you suggested that. Seriously.

I earned every success I’ve had in life through hard work, some measure of humility on occasion IRL, a well meaning trust of people, a great wife and kids and perhaps a bit of luck on occasion. I make no apologies for it all and believe that I’ve paid it back 10 fold in what I’ve been able to give to my community.

So fact is I really don’t care what you think about me honestly. You can take issue with my opinions and posts, that’s cool, but to continue to attempt to cast my character in a disapproving light probably really says more about you frankly.

You don’t know me very well. I have never in my life been accused of low self esteem. Anyone that knows me would laugh their ass off if you suggested that. Seriously.

I earned every success I’ve had in life through hard work, some measure of humility on occasion IRL, a well meaning trust of people, a great wife and kids and perhaps a bit of luck on occasion. I make no apologies for it all and believe that I’ve paid it back 10 fold in what I’ve been able to give to my community.

So fact is I really don’t care what you think about me honestly. You can take issue with my opinions and posts, that’s cool, but to continue to attempt to cast my character in a disapproving light probably really says more about you frankly.
They would not laugh. Seriously. People who inflate their own self worth and have the need to incessantly and loudly brag how smart they are and how successful they are, have low self esteem. It’s the core root cause of being a narcissist or braggart. If this is how you are in real life, people who know you laugh at you behind your back.

Last edited:
The nuance is in the intent.

It does vindicate the fact that treatments that are designed to limit infection outside the body sometimes can have used inside it.

Trump clearly had no idea this was the case and lacks expertise in this area and had no business discussing those studies at all. And he sounded like a fool at the time.

But so now do all those that spent breathless hours on Twitter claiming how these sorts of concepts were crazy. But seems they are not.

Get it?

Sorry, I still don’t see any point whatsoever. You actually believe that anyone is surprised that any cure for COVID would involve taking something internally? Seriously?

If your point is not that Trump is somehow vindicated, then there is no discernible point.

Last edited:
Trump stated back in April to much ridicule
"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

Well well well Look what we have here.......exactly that. A commonly used antiseptic. :)

Intranasal povidone-iodine: A 15-second treatment with an experimental povidone-iodine nasal antiseptic solution appears to inactivate SARS-CoV-2, according to an industry-supported, in vitro study in JAMA Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery. The effect was seen with povidone-iodine concentrations as low as 0.5%. The researchers caution that skin formulations could be toxic if administered intranasally and that the antiseptic should not be used in pregnant women, patients with thyroid disease, or those undergoing radioactive iodine therapy. They conclude: "Transnasal viral inactivation may not only prevent person-to-person spread of SARS-CoV-2, but may also diminish the severity of disease in patients by limiting spread and decreasing viral load delivered to the lungs. Povidone-iodine nasal irrigation may be beneficial for the population at large as an adjunct to mask usage as a means of virus mitigation." Randomized trials are under way.

Source:
Look at you, just can't stop winning.

Wrong. Again.

Read my posts. Slowly. Some words might require you to use a dictionary but I’ll wait here.

Read start to finish. Try to avoid assuming and then read more.

Interesting those that have chosen to respond to this thread. The liberal cadre.
Lol. Look at this guy lecturing people about assuming. And talking about a cadre. JFC.

Last edited:
Reactions: noleclone2
Imagine posting frequently about how smart and successful you are and under the same username, also posting the stuff the OP does.

You've now imagined something funny. Possibly interesting and almost certainly sad.

This reminds me of when Trump claimed to have seen thousands of Muslims celebrating 9/11 on the streets of New Jersey. When it was shown that this was a total fabrication - and abject LIE - his minions would always trot out a story about cops being called to a rooftop party that night where about a dozen people were found.

As if this made some kind of point. It did not. Nor does the OP.

OP's glory days in his white coat

PC8KwPo.gif

Ok...I'm trying - seriously - to understand whatever point you're trying to make.
  1. Trump was an idiot for saying what he said.
  2. You agreed in April that he was an idiot.
  3. People on Twitter called him an idiot.
  4. JAMA published a totally unrelated study on antiseptics.
  5. Now you say Trump...wasn't an idiot?
  6. He STILL was an idiot but the OTHER people who called him an idiot then were....wrong?

Are you drunk, perhaps?
I'm gon' just bump this for @haw-key since it was a serious request for clarification.

Reactions: artradley

I don't know if this is you or not but when people think they're successful and they "earned" it, those people tend to believe they make good intelligent decisions. Everything about their life is perfect (because they've made so many right decisions) so they just can't believe they would ever make a bad decision when it's a topic they feel is important. I feel that you know electing trump is a bad decision but you're just not willing to admit it. You just feel the need to come up with reasons to justify your support for trump so that you feel you made the right decision. Your original post is an attempt to prove to yourself that you were right. In your head you have to be saying, how could a well educated and successful (on many levels) person make a bad decision. There's no way that can happen so if you support trump, then you must of made the right decision and you're going to do everything possible to justify why you made the right decision.

No Trump said ‘something like that’.

An antiseptic is exactly ‘something like’ a disinfectant in a general sense.

Right? Does my sentence now make sense to you?
It made sense before - it's just a moronic comment. You were trying to justify Trump's comments about ingesting disinfectant and it's blown up in your face. You are now in the deflecting/blaming/spinning portion of your response with a bit of the condescending "I'm smarter than you because I'm a (self proclaimed) doctor". It's all quite predictable and funny to see such a tantrum.

Reactions: pjhawk and SB_SB
Oh this again. The new favorite term of the pseudo intellectual. Do a search dude. This term is on here all the time. So much so that no one really needs you to help us out by providing the definition.

And low cognition isn’t really a thing for me. Not trying to be immodest but I didn’t get where I am by taking advantage of some affirmative action program for idiots. I kinda earned it.

As I told another poster, cognitive dissonance is a better term for much of what transpires here.
You must see this term a lot - I wonder why. I've never seen that term.

Reactions: noleclone2
@haw-key, you should have abandoned this thread on page 1.
I should have abandoned this board more appropriately.

What we have here is a bunch of amateur psychiatrists and asshats.

I thought the study was funny in the context of that entire issue in April. And how it’s results, to me, commented on the Twitter explosion thereafter. Some of you freaking relax because you’re simply wound way too tight.

Just out of curiosity...do you not understand that an antiseptic and a disinfectant aren't the same thing?

How's that for substance, dumbass?
It's really splitting hairs if you can't understand the substance of the original discussion and you get perpetually hung up terms that might be used.

I don't know if this is you or not but when people think they're successful and they "earned" it, those people tend to believe they make good intelligent decisions. Everything about their life is perfect (because they've made so many right decisions) so they just can't believe they would ever make a bad decision when it's a topic they feel is important. I feel that you know electing trump is a bad decision but you're just not willing to admit it. You just feel the need to come up with reasons to justify your support for trump so that you feel you made the right decision. Your original post is an attempt to prove to yourself that you were right. In your head you have to be saying, how could a well educated and successful (on many levels) person make a bad decision. There's no way that can happen so if you support trump, then you must of made the right decision and you're going to do everything possible to justify why you made the right decision.
Nope. I am glad I voted for Trump and will do so again.

I have posted at length on my reasons for it. I’m sure you can find it if you look hard enough.

You must see this term a lot - I wonder why. I've never seen that term.
Because you can’t read anything above a second grade level. A simple search on here for the term “dunning-“ produced no less than 8 pages of results. Almost all citing that exact term.

It’s overused whether you know it or not.

It's really splitting hairs if you can't understand the substance of the original discussion and you get perpetually hung up terms that might be used.
This place survives on splitting hairs, assuming context and people getting hung up. Are you kidding me?

This is a study from JAMA. It’s a well established journal and this technique is also well established in the eradication of MRSA from nasal passages while typically using another well known antibacterial.

What is it you think is stupid?

I’m not supporting Trumps statements in general in that news conference but he wasn’t entirely off base with his ramblings. That’s my point.

Here is what's stupid. . . When someone says a disinfectant they are almost always talking about something like bleach. A chemical we use to disinfect surfaces.

The doctor never proscribes you anti-bodics and calls them "disinfectants". My doctor has never told me to take 1 disinfectant pill every 12 hours for a week to clear up an infection.

You are purposefully changing the commonly understood definition of "disinfectant" in order to justify one many Trump's many insane ramblings . . . instead of you know admitting the obvious that the guy is mentally unfit to lead.

I have posted at length on my reasons for it. I’m sure you can find it if you look hard enough.

You just proved my point. Of course you're going to vote for trump, if you didn't then you'd have to admit that you made a bad decision.

Reactions: artradley

I looked, just out of curiosity. Back in June you didn't think you'd vote for Trump. Even considered writing yourself in, which makes complete sense after you've made clear to the board how super smart and successful you are.

I probably won’t vote for Trump but I also won’t vote for Biden. Unless he nominates a moderate for VP that can be ready to step up when Biden crashes cognitively. Which in my medical opinion, based on what I see happening out in the open for all to see, is eminent. I’ll probably write in. Maybe even myself. Lol.

Here is what's stupid. . . When someone says a disinfectant they are almost always talking about something like bleach. A chemical we use to disinfect surfaces.

The doctor never proscribes you anti-bodics and calls them "disinfectants". My doctor has never told me to take 1 disinfectant pill every 12 hours for a week to clear up an infection.

You are purposefully changing the commonly understood definition of "disinfectant" in order to justify one many Trump's many insane ramblings . . . instead of you know admitting the obvious that the guy is mentally unfit to lead.
It’s an antiseptic. Wouldn’t you agree it is ‘something like’ a disinfectant in its mechanism?

Putting iodine in the nose topically to eradicate SARS-CoV2 really isn’t conceptually that much different than that for which he was ridiculed in my mind. So in that context I though the study was interesting so posted it.

Now is this as outlandish as his original presser? Of course not. But that’s kinda the point.

I looked, just out of curiosity. Back in June you didn't think you'd vote for Trump. Even considered writing yourself in, which makes complete sense after you've made clear to the board how super smart and successful you are.
That’s true. I continue to be disappointed in much of what he is. And I’ve also posted recently why I changed my mind.

Writing myself in was obviously tongue in cheek.

You libs on here simply can’t understand why people that are otherwise successful and professional would vote for this guy. That’s largely because you simply can’t understand things that exist outside of your worldview. You can’t believe that people of a similar intelligence might not be able to arrive at the same conclusions you have. As such you question the intelligence of those individuals rather than questioning your own close mindedness as it should be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT