ADVERTISEMENT

Disinfectant ‘inside the body’

That’s true. I continue to be disappointed in much of what he is. And I’ve also posted recently why I changed my mind.

Writing myself in was obviously tongue in cheek.

You libs on here simply can’t understand why people that are otherwise successful and professional would vote for this guy. That’s largely because you simply can’t understand things that exist outside of your worldview. You can’t believe that people of a similar intelligence might not be able to arrive at the same conclusions you have. As such you question the intelligence of those individuals rather than questioning your own close mindedness as it should be.

I largely agree, it is very difficult to understand why Trump has such high approval ratings among Republicans, intelligent or not. It's difficult to understand why Republicans wouldn't choose a different candidate to run in 2020.

Trump's character issues are not at all hidden, it's not like he's secretly a terrible person and just puts on a clean public image. He also does a lot of policy things that Republicans traditionally wouldn't be in favor of like tariffs rather than free trade, or declaring a national emergency just so he can move congressional dollars to fund the wall. The list could continue.

So if it's obvious he's a terrible person, and he's not actually very Republican in policy, what is the attraction?

That's difficult to reconcile. It could be that what most Americans and most of the world view as terrible character and repulsive behavior is actually viewed as a positive by Republicans and that's hard to digest. As it would make them...... deplorable.

Dude I thought we were buds. I’m kinda disappointed. I don’t expect you’ll ever agree with me on politics but this seems a tad, well HROT, for you.

We are cool. Just because we seldom agree or I like someone else's post doesn't change that fact.

You explained your thinking and I respect it. Initially, it came across as you defending Trump on the basis of a broken clock being right twice a day. In turn, I flipped you some shit for grins. My apologies if you took offense, Abe. It's just kinda my HROT persona.

Reactions: haw-key
That’s true. I continue to be disappointed in much of what he is. And I’ve also posted recently why I changed my mind.

Writing myself in was obviously tongue in cheek.

You libs on here simply can’t understand why people that are otherwise successful and professional would vote for this guy. That’s largely because you simply can’t understand things that exist outside of your worldview. You can’t believe that people of a similar intelligence might not be able to arrive at the same conclusions you have. As such you question the intelligence of those individuals rather than questioning your own close mindedness as it should be.

I'm not questioning your intelligence, I'm questioning your integrity.

It's really splitting hairs if you can't understand the substance of the original discussion and you get perpetually hung up terms that might be used.
LOL...splitting hairs? Even haw-key said at the time it was stupid. He's posted that here. They talked about using disinfectants to clean surfaces. Your Dear Leader decided to try and inject that into your body. What would you think if he advocated injecting piss into people with AIDS? Good idea? Did you know that if you pee on the HIV virus in a test tube it dies? So NOW it's a good idea?

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
It’s an antiseptic. Wouldn’t you agree it is ‘something like’ a disinfectant in its mechanism?

Putting iodine in the nose topically to eradicate SARS-CoV2 really isn’t conceptually that much different than that for which he was ridiculed in my mind. So in that context I though the study was interesting so posted it.

Now is this as outlandish as his original presser? Of course not. But that’s kinda the point.
The study being interesting in no way whatsoever validates Trump's statement. They. Are. Not. Related.

Except for Trumpkins. You know why? They already seized on just this kind of crap to try and justify his stupidity. Congrats. You're in a really smart group.

Your point? Did you read down thread at all?

I researched it and it is an antiseptic. Quoted from your article: "Question: What is the minimum contact time of povidone-iodine (PVP-I) nasal antiseptic required for inactivation of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in vitro?"

What is the point of your post? Your premise was that the Orange Turd was ridiculed for saying that disinfectants could be injected into the human body. Well, he was an idiot for saying that and what have you done to prove he is otherwise?

Odd hill to climb and then die on, but you do you, OP.
Nothing to add to the science there doc? If you think the thrust of my point is off base I’d love to hear it.

The concept of the application of a topical antiseptic ‘inside the body’ to kill the virus where it often enters the body is an interesting one I think. and seems to have merit based on a similar concept with MRSA. Sure, one can make a point on the finer subtleties of the disinfectant vs antiseptic discussion but it really is, to quote another poster, splitting hairs conceptually. I don’t think that’s a scientific hill I’d want to ‘die on’ as neither is an antibiotic in the regular sense but a topical germicidal.

Leave the politics aside If that’s possible and remember your audience.

Do you know her personally?
God no. And I suspect, in truth, she’s probably ok on a personal level. Family friends etc. like all of us. But her public persona is off putting and hyper serious. And she tries to dull that sharp edge by trying to hard to be funny. Funny is a skill that not all people possess and her attempts at it are bad ones. So far.

I also call her a bitch because it gets everyone all upset with assumptions. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Nothing to add to the science there doc? If you think the thrust of my point is off base I’d love to hear it.

The concept of the application of a topical antiseptic ‘inside the body’ to kill the virus where it often enters the body is an interesting one I think. and seems to have merit based on a similar concept with MRSA. Sure, one can make a point on the finer subtleties of the disinfectant vs antiseptic discussion but it really is, to quote another poster, splitting hairs conceptually. I don’t think that’s a scientific hill I’d want to ‘die on’ as neither is an antibiotic in the regular sense but a topical germicidal.

It's an interesting paper and the follow up hopefully proves fruitful.

But there is a difference in the 2. But it honestly doesn't matter. I have no idea your point in starting this thread. Trump is an idiot, said a really stupid thing. You agree. Then still try to score some weird political points against people who all understand that was not what Trump was getting at.

Again, odd thread.

Nobody is disputing the article. That you can’t figure that out shows a startling lack of comprehension.

Because you can’t read anything above a second grade level. A simple search on here for the term “dunning-“ produced no less than 8 pages of results. Almost all citing that exact term.

It’s overused whether you know it or not.
On here? In this forum? That's what you implied and I've not seen it.

5ea8a41b75c9d.image.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT