ADVERTISEMENT

Disney labels Tinker Bell, Captain Hook as 'potentially problematic,' per report

This is Disney being weary of the twitter keyboard warriors. Who are annoying AF but that is all they are. They jump on twitter to complain about everything.

This isn't actual elected politicians trying to cancel Peter Pan.

Lets just keep that in mind.

This is Disney being weary of the twitter keyboard warriors. Who are annoying AF but that is all they are. They jump on twitter to complain about everything.

This isn't actual elected politicians trying to cancel Peter Pan.

Lets just keep that in mind.
That would be believable if their President didn't just come out saying that her two kids were trans and pansexuals and Disney needed 50% of their characters to be gay or minority. I think they're trying to make her happy.

Reactions: goldmom
That would be believable if their President didn't just come out saying that her two kids were trans and pansexuals and Disney needed 50% of their characters to be gay or minority. I think they're trying to make her happy.

Who's president? Disney's?

Weird take given I just called them on it but then...you're a weird little dude. Let me guess...you're "partly disabled", too. Add that to the mix.
You are Disney. Disney is you. Keep pandering to china, the game is up. You’re outed.

Captain Hook, who famously has a prosthetic hook where his hand would be, was reportedly flagged because he exposes Disney to accusations of prejudice against disabled individuals due to his villainous nature.

don.gif
Some NSFW language.

Yes. Karey Burke, President of Disney's General Entertainment

I have to say I'm not someone who normally gets up in arms about this stuff but the amount of LGBTQ characters in movies and TV shows far far exceeds their portion of the population.

I'm watching Brooklyn 99 which is a funny show but it has 2 LGBTQ characters in a cast of 8. That's 25% . . . that's wildly out of synch with the % of actual LGBTQ people in the US or world.

Wrong, this is the idiots on the fringe.

Most Democrats think shit like this is dumb AF.
True, but the very vocal minority are giving the Democrats a headache trying to separate themselves from them. Because there are a handful of Democrats that run their mouths in favor of this kind of crap.

You are Disney. Disney is you. Keep pandering to china, the game is up. You’re outed.
LOL...I have no idea what the hell you're talking about...which is actually a relief from being subjected to your stupidity when you aren't totally incoherent.

LOL...I have no idea what the hell you're talking about...which is actually a relief from being subjected to your stupidity when you aren't totally incoherent.
Whatever you say Mickey. You’re Disney. Disney is you. Taliban is Disney. Disney is taliban. I’m sure you can use some properties from your curriculum to figure that one out.

Peter Pan already has a full screen timed warning about racism, which it fully deserves.

Adding body consciousness and that Captain Hook is disabled kind of diminishes the message.
This is the point I’m at, which is why I said maybe just add it on the service itself….if they really add disclaimers to everything what is the point?

I 100% agree with you on some of the older films like Peter Pan.

Reactions: mnole03
I think you’re likely missing the point of the exercise. This is a weak example of Disney wokeness.

Any company of decent size either does this or should do this periodically. Take a look at all of your products, and look for anything people might be able to complain about. It doesn’t mean they’re getting rid of them, etc. But nobody wants to be blindsided; so they try to come up with every single thing people could possibly complain about in advance and then measure which ones are worth the risk.

I had never heard of this station before so I did a quick Google search. My suspicions were confirmed: they are owned by Sinclair. That’s the company that forces the extreme right opinion pieces to be aired on their local television stations.
I am not familiar with Sinclair or their history and political leanings, but in reality could one not also assert that they are bringing to light things that certain advocacy groups are attempting to install that reflect their agenda?
Then let public opinion make the decision? Why would anyone be opposed to that?

True, but the very vocal minority are giving the Democrats a headache trying to separate themselves from them. Because there are a handful of Democrats that run their mouths in favor of this kind of crap.
Sssh. Don’t let them know we get this. There’s a midterm coming..,

I am not familiar with Sinclair or their history and political leanings, but in reality could one not also assert that they are bringing to light things that certain advocacy groups are attempting to install that reflect their agenda?
Ok let’s not get carried away defending Sinclair….they are about as 1984 right wing big brother as it gets…

Sinclair is basically a company that buys up local news stations and directs them to have right wing programming.

My favorite local news station got bought by Sinclair and suddenly started having regular segments by some guy who would preach about how great Trump was.

One of the reasons I've stopped watching my local news. Don't feel like I can even trust it anymore.

And this isn't an advocacy group. This is an internal company memo. Nothing more.

Want to know how I know you’ve never worked a day in corporate America? Dumbass.
Because corporations have been bent over by weak-minded fools like you and those that like your posts, I haven't worked in the corporate world? Interesting.

Sinclair is the opposite of most media ownership companies. They have more of a conservative bent to their programming and news presentations. 1 out of 1,000 drives the left crazy.

Cool. Here are a few other villains currently property of the House of Mouse who need a disclaimer.

Darth Vader: Physical disability (prosthetic arms and legs, breathing disorder)
0x0.jpg

Ursula: Obesity/fat shaming
Ursula_480x480.jpg

Mother Gothel: Ageism
Mother_Gothel_480x480.jpg

Evil Queen: Stereotyping female monarchs
Evil_Queen_480x480.jpg

Wicked Stepmother: Seriously? In a nation where 50% of marriages end in divorce and countless kids grow up with step parents?
Wicked_Stepmother_Lady_Tremaine_480x480.jpg

Dr. Facilier: Stereotyping physicians...especially BIPOC medical professionals
Dr._Facilier_480x480.jpg

Scar: Mocking facial deformity
Scar_480x480.jpg

Whatever you say Mickey. You’re Disney. Disney is you. Taliban is Disney. Disney is taliban. I’m sure you can use some properties from your curriculum to figure that one out.
Nope. Figuring that one out would require some advanced psychological analysis of your psyche. And, hell no, I'm not descending into that cesspool.

• Haha
Reactions: NCHawk5
Nope. Figuring that one out would require some advanced psychological analysis of your psyche. And, hell no, I'm not descending into that cesspool.
You’re a racist. Hitler is racist. Hitler is Nazi. Nazi is taliban. Taliban is Disney. Dems are Disney. You are Nazi.

We are all d!cked.
Mankind is doomed.
It's almost an embarrassment to admit you're a human being anymore.
You just can't make this sh!t up!

ADVERTISEMENT