ADVERTISEMENT

District cancels girls volleyball games against school with trans player, cites safety concerns

Chuck C

HR Legend
Mar 6, 2011
The move came after a trans player on the Highlands School volleyball team spiked the ball in an opposing player’s face so hard that she obtained “severe head and neck injuries, resulting in long-term concussion symptoms,” according to the Education First Alliance.

This link has a video of the spike, even though it was filmed with a potato.

Video is rough.
BriefSameElk-size_restricted.gif

Yeah, I just don’t understand the logic in allowing this shit to continue. maybe I’m getting old, or I’m just not woke enough but if you were born with a penis, you’d shouldn’t be participating in girls sports. Plenty of boys sports to play.
Yeah, I mean I want people to be who they want to be and feel included in as many ways as possible. But physically there are just large differences between the 2 sexes

Pretty bad…I also believe that small schools who are not great at football should begin forfeiting when scheduled to play a team with a future D1 athlete as well…in Iowa HS football many times when you go to watch these stars at smaller schools it’s like they’re a full grown man playing with middle schoolers at the varsity level. That is a player safety issue as well.

Going down the right path here, just need to apply it to all sports equally. Player safety #1.

Pretty bad…I also believe that small schools who are not great at football should begin forfeiting when scheduled to play a team with a future D1 athlete as well…in Iowa HS football many times when you go to watch these stars at smaller schools it’s like they’re a full grown man playing with middle schoolers at the varsity level. That is a player safety issue as well.

Going down the right path here, just need to apply it to all sports equally. Player safety #1.
Imagine thinking this is a good analogy.

The debate rages on, feel sorry for kids that are confused about who they are, feel sorry for girls who are aggrieved, just a sad situation, that said this story seems very odd
Highlands played Hiawassee on Sept 1st FWIW

Every article cites Education First Alliance. as the source of the injuries, which seems odd. That is a very slanted group, why would they have the injury information?
Then the extremely blurry video when contrasted with the usual video image from the Highland team. Here is the video from the game on Sept 1st, which will not load, but on the linked article it is someone video-taping a TV reproduction. Here is a video of the same team playing a different opponent as you can see the video quality is excellent.
Hard to tell but the culprit based on the video you can see would be maybe 23, 11, or 10. So which person is trans that will be shamed? Will the parents sue the school board? Some interesting questions with the trans sports discussion.

Final note, the fat girl has to have better awareness in that scenario, boy or girl, you are first line of defense, get your hands up.

Here's something I found:

"Cherokee County already owns tens of millions of dollars in settlement money after the board of commissioners unanimously approved a $48.5 million settlement – including $24.25 million not covered by insurance – on June 29 to resolve more than 20 remaining lawsuits stemming from past practices by the Department of Social Services."

This county looks like a mess.

Every time you post I think, damn, can this dude get any dumber. Then, you post again.

I really hope that some crazy country like North Korea fields a team of trannies for the womens World Cup or Olympics. Just lay waste to the field.

In reality I think that we will see a trans basketball player attend a school like UNI and lead the league in scoring, rebounds, blocks…just dunking several times a game.

In reality I think that we will see a trans basketball player attend a school like UNI and lead the league in scoring, rebounds, blocks…just dunking several times a game.
There's some truth in this. The Leah Thomas thing was swimming...which no one watches or gives a F about.

A 6 foot 8 trans female wrecking shit in women's basketball would really garner a lot of attention.

Throw in a trans female in womens soccer.

It's gonna happen sooner or later.

The debate rages on, feel sorry for kids that are confused about who they are, feel sorry for girls who are aggrieved, just a sad situation, that said this story seems very odd
Highlands played Hiawassee on Sept 1st FWIW

Every article cites Education First Alliance. as the source of the injuries, which seems odd. That is a very slanted group, why would they have the injury information?
Then the extremely blurry video when contrasted with the usual video image from the Highland team. Here is the video from the game on Sept 1st, which will not load, but on the linked article it is someone video-taping a TV reproduction. Here is a video of the same team playing a different opponent as you can see the video quality is excellent.
Hard to tell but the culprit based on the video you can see would be maybe 23, 11, or 10. So which person is trans that will be shamed? Will the parents sue the school board? Some interesting questions with the trans sports discussion.

Final note, the fat girl has to have better awareness in that scenario, boy or girl, you are first line of defense, get your hands up.
Blurry video could be intentional so player isn’t identified and harassed? (Doubtful- but your post made me consider that)

Reactions: NoleinATL
Sucks for the teammates of the trans person. They're in a really unfair position. They have every right to play, yet if they take the position of asking their teammate to quit, they'll be canceled, and it could even hurt their ability to get into college, get scholarships, etc.

The coach would probably be fired for booting the trans kid off the team.

If I were a parent with a daughter on the team, I'd probably be asking her if she wanted to go to a different school.

There's some truth in this. The Leah Thomas thing was swimming...which no one watches or gives a F about.

A 6 foot 8 trans female wrecking shit in women's basketball would really garner a lot of attention.

Like I've said before, many people on the left don't care because it doesn't affect them. I suppose some of that comes from people without an athletic bone in their body and thus sports is inconsequential to them. But for others, when the day comes and their daughter is robbed of a state appearance or state title, they'll have a better understanding.

Reactions: Peak_Hawk

I can’t wait to see it happen. Some 6’-6” guy out there looking like shaq

Reactions: Peak_Hawk
But we're told by the left that this stuff doesn't happen.
I challenge you to find a single post in this forum — full of truly nutty leftists, right? — that supports this claim of yours.

Clearly it happens. What leftists object to is the undue attention to this given much broader issues facing us.

Hell, most leftists on this board don’t think trans females should be competing in sports with non-trans females.

Stay in your emotional lane, though, Northern.

I challenge you to find a single post in this forum — full of truly nutty leftists, right? — that supports this claim of yours.

Clearly it happens. What leftists object to is the undue attention to this given much broader issues facing us.

Hell, most leftists on this board don’t think trans females should be competing in sports with non-trans females.

Stay in your emotional lane, though, Northern.
Any legislation that requires athletes to compete with their own biological gender is immediately trashed as a solution in search of a problem by multiple posters on this board

Any legislation that requires athletes to compete with their own biological gender is immediately trashed as a solution in search of a problem by multiple posters on this board
Show me. I don’t disbelieve you. But this fits my argument. There are so many more things deserving our attention, both in a legislative and non-legislative manner.

As far as I’m concerned this is the perfect example of an “issue” that should be first handled locally, legislatively or not.

That this has national attention just shows how emotion-driven we are as a culture. We have such larger and farther-reaching issues, yet this command so much of our attention.

Regardless, feel free to find a single post that supports Northern’s claim. He set that bar, not me.

Take up the good fight, TJ. It’s perfectly on-brand for you.

Girls get to play football these days and nobody says anything. Just a counter point. Of course it's a wink and a nod that they won't ACTUALLY get on the field besides maybe as a kicker, even in practice.

Show me. I don’t disbelieve you. But this fits my argument. There are so many more things deserving our attention, both in a legislative and non-legislative manner.

As far as I’m concerned this is the perfect example of an “issue” that should be first handled locally, legislatively or not.

That this has national attention just shows how emotion-driven we are as a culture. We have such larger and farther-reaching issues, yet this command so much of our attention.

Regardless, feel free to find a single post that supports Northern’s claim. He set that bar, not me.

Take up the good fight, TJ. It’s perfectly on-brand for you.

Perhaps a better way to state it is that the left dismisses and/or diminishes these cases in an agempt to "move along" and maintain the status quo (biological boys/men being able to complete against females).

You're doing it in this very thread Rudolph.

Reactions: 1inamillion
Perhaps a better way to state it is that the left dismisses and/or diminishes these cases in an agempt to "move along" and maintain the status quo (biological boys/men being able to complete against females).

You're doing it in this very thread Rudolph.
Um, no, I’m not doing as you say. Not even close.

Lol. Try again.

But glad you admitted your claim to be bullshit.

I’ve said nothing in this thread that supports what you just claimed. Not one thing.

You, simply, are one dumb human being.

Well there was this one.

FREMONT, Calif. – Beneath the foggy mirror in a makeshift locker room no bigger than a storage closet sit 11 women, their wide eyes affixed to an overdressed basketball coach who is delivering a pregame speech that is equal parts inspiration and four-letter words.

The scene plays out at colleges across the country each night, but on this rainy evening inside a dimly lit Bay Area junior college gymnasium, it serves as prelude to a debut unlike any other in the sport's history.

When the focus of the 12-minute pep talk pivots to this topic, the eyes of 10 18- to 20-year-old women – including one deaf player and another woman a few inches shy of 5-feet – focus on the one Mission College player who has yet to play this season. There near the door sits the oldest (50 years old), tallest (6-feet-6, 230 pounds) and most muscular person in the room: Gabrielle Ludwig.

"Come out and be Gabrielle the player," head coach Corey Cafferata tells her. "You worked hard to get here. This damn team in here, everyone has your back!"

Ludwig nervously runs her hand over the sock approaching the tattoo on her leg. She has long been eager yet apprehensive about this moment. Can she still play? What will she hear from adults in the stands? What will her opponents on the court whisper? And can she keep her emotions in check? Glancing up from the dirty rug, she says she is calm. She didn't know if this day could ever arrive: Tonight, before spectators who will cheer and curse her, she hits the reset button on her life.
ed78b6b0-0611-47be-8eaa-768da0532e51-XXX_7804.jpg

But I still enjoy this one from Mikaela Foecke in high school. She was the Gatorade player of the year and went on to play for Nebraska. You take out the player, and then get the kid running down the sideline.

Um, no, I’m not doing as you say. Not even close.

Lol. Try again.

But glad you admitted your claim to be bullshit.

I’ve said nothing in this thread that supports what you just claimed. Not one thing.

You, simply, are one dumb human being.

No reason to hurl insults.

Below are your very own words. This is you dismissing and diminishing.

"What leftists object to is the undue attention to this given much broader issues facing us."

"There are so many more things deserving our attention, both in a legislative and non-legislative manner."

"As far as I’m concerned this is the perfect example of an “issue” that should be first handled locally, legislatively or not."

"That this has national attention just shows how emotion-driven we are as a culture. We have such larger and farther-reaching issues, yet this command so much of our attention."

No reason to hurl insults.

Below are your very own words. This is you dismissing and diminishing.

"What leftists object to is the undue attention to this given much broader issues facing us."

"There are so many more things deserving our attention, both in a legislative and non-legislative manner."

"As far as I’m concerned this is the perfect example of an “issue” that should be first handled locally, legislatively or not."

"That this has national attention just shows how emotion-driven we are as a culture. We have such larger and farther-reaching issues, yet this command so much of our attention."
And none of these statements supports your “status quo” claim. Not one. Not even close.

I’m not trying to insult you. You’re insulting to yourself, plenty. I’m just making an observation. You’re just not very bright.

Like you don’t comprehend stuff. Reading comprehension is, naturally, a struggle for you.

Maybe try again?

Reactions: Moral and Tom Paris
Yeah, I mean her laying on the ground receiving medical attention for over a minute doesn't matter...because the video is grainy.
We have other videos of this team playing which are crystal clear. Which one is the trans girl? If she's so massive it should easy for you to say.

And none of these statements supports your “status quo” claim. Not one. Not even close.

I’m not trying to insult you. You’re insulting to yourself, plenty. I’m just making an observation. You’re just not very bright.

Like you don’t comprehend stuff. Reading comprehension is, naturally, a struggle for you.

Maybe try again?

Take the L Rudolph.

ADVERTISEMENT