ADVERTISEMENT

District judge in Kentucky shot and killed in his chambers

This may have been a significant part of the motive. Sheriff Stines was scheduled to be deposed on Monday in a US District court case in which one of his deputies is accused of providing favorable treatment to a woman in exchange for sexual favors. Stines is listed as a defendant in that case for failing to properly train the deputy.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...-mickey-stines-kentucky-shooting/75298516007/

Last edited:
This may have been a significant part of the motive. Sheriff Stines was scheduled to be deposed on Monday in a US District court case in which one of his deputies is accused of providing favorable treatment to a woman in exchange for sexual favors. Stines is listed as a defendant in that case for failing to properly train the deputy.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...-mickey-stines-kentucky-shooting/75298516007/

I’m no lawyer, but I could have definitely got him less than life without parole

JFC, he wasn't even the one accused of mistreating the women. He killed someone for something that at worst gets him fired? He'd probably keep his pension if he'd been fired. Now he's going to prison.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Job was a hit from an inside guy....

Am I the only one that thinks the sheriff would have if he hadn't shot the judge walked away scot free or gotten a slap on the wrist.

I mean if I was the sheriff I would say something to the effect of "I wasn't aware I needed to train an adult who had graduated a law enforcement academy that he's not suppose to trade favorable treatment for sexual favors"

Now if he like knew about it and did nothing than it's obviously a bigger deal. But failing to train him??? Does he also need to tell all his officers not to shoot themselves with their service weapons?

Reactions: HROT
Probably a whole lot more to the story...doesn't add up at the moment.

It seems odd to me that there would be any punishment for "failing to train" because it should be a given that an adult who graduated a law enforcement academy doesn't need to be told that they shouldn't trade favorable treatment for sexual favors.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
It seems odd to me that there would be any punishment for "failing to train" because it should be a given that an adult who graduated a law enforcement academy doesn't need to be told that they shouldn't trade favorable treatment for sexual favors.
In doing some more reading it sounds like the sheriff was accused of failing to train and supervise his deputies. There were at least two victims and when the fiance of one of the victims tried to file a complaint he was allegedly prevented from doing so and then deputies started harassing him and pressuring him to drop his accusations.

If the sheriff was aware that all of this was happening and didn’t put a stop to it then he’s got to go.

In doing some more reading it sounds like the sheriff was accused of failing to train and supervise his deputies. There were at least two victims and when the fiance of one of the victims tried to file a complaint he was allegedly prevented from doing so and then deputies started harassing him and pressuring him to drop his accusations.

If the sheriff was aware that all of this was happening and didn’t put a stop to it then he’s got to go.

Ok so more than that. In the end he likely only would have been fired. He chose life in prison with the possibility of the death penalty instead.

Am I the only one that thinks the sheriff would have if he hadn't shot the judge walked away scot free or gotten a slap on the wrist.

I mean if I was the sheriff I would say something to the effect of "I wasn't aware I needed to train an adult who had graduated a law enforcement academy that he's not suppose to trade favorable treatment for sexual favors"

Now if he like knew about it and did nothing than it's obviously a bigger deal. But failing to train him??? Does he also need to tell all his officers not to shoot themselves with their service weapons?
I feel like there's more to the story. Like, the Judge was also banging his wife or sister or sister-wife or something.

Or maybe that was the training. How to do those things and not get caught.

Maybe, or maybe a narrative. A sheriff should have the knowledge and self control to know that "messing around" isn't cause for murder, and, you know, you have to prove things in a court of law. You can't just drop a guy. He's going to prison.
Is it ok to "drop a guy" if they break into your house?

:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT