ADVERTISEMENT

Dj Gordon??

GobysHawk

HR MVP
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2016
Did i miss something? Im not seeing Dj Gordon on our recruting board.

If you don't play you can't win.

Says the Lottery commercials.

Who knows? Whatever it was had to be a deal breaker because otherwise you don't move that quick away from a talent like that.

Reactions: Havasu-CY
It is really not crazy. Purpose of an official visit is to see if there is a good fit.

It's a little crazy.

It's pretty uncommon for Iowa to stop recruiting a kid literally hours after their OV wraps up.

It's a little crazy.

It's pretty uncommon for Iowa to stop recruiting a kid literally hours after their OV wraps up.

I think it is a fit issue, not character. I remember this happening back in 2014 with Scott Lindsey. He visited and within a day Hawks went another direction.

Of course he ended up at Northwestern and had a decent career.

Could also be coaches were looking for a commitment and when he didn't commit set up a visit with Ogundele.

Reactions: iabcuda
Fran runs his program like a business & some days it is more apparent than other days. Recruiting $ and staff time are precious resources. Once a decision is made, he moves on. I believe Fran respects the process & that time is important to the recruit also.

Gordon commited to PSU yesterday .
Whatever happened in tbis recruitment to turn off Iowa evidently did not bother a desperate Chambers.
PSU is excited to land him.
Meanwhile, Iowa turns to a new sg prospect who has only mid major offers.
Hope losing Gordon to a league foe does not come back to haunt.

Reactions: amahawk
Sounds to me like we dodged a bullet and the staff made the right call though.

Seems unstable from what little I’ve been able to piece together.

ADVERTISEMENT