ADVERTISEMENT

Do we all understand that Olympic boxer Imane Khelif is, in fact, female?

You should seek help.

Confirmed not female by this person.

Sofia Bettiza
Gender and Identity correspondent, BBC World Service

Also confirmed by:

“This is what is called the make-male gene. It’s the master switch of sex development,” says Dr Emma Hilton, a developmental biologist who studies genetic disorders. She is also a trustee of the Sex Matters charity, which argues Imane Khelif and Lin Yu-ting shouldn’t be competing until further testing is done.”

Who goes on to say:

“However, Dr Hilton also says that in most people with DSD who have XY chromosomes, the SRY "make-male" gene is present.

These people usually have testicles which are often inside the body.

“When they hit puberty they start producing testosterone - which is what underpins male advantage in sports," says Dr Hilton.”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
You should seek help.

Sofia Bettiza

Also confirmed by:

“This is what is called the make-male gene. It’s the master switch of sex development,” says Dr Emma Hilton, a developmental biologist who studies genetic disorders. She is also a trustee of the Sex Matters charity, which argues Imane Khelif and Lin Yu-ting shouldn’t be competing until further testing is done.
So sex and gender aren't just about the genitalia one is born with?

I realize a lie travels halfway around the world before the truth has its boots on, but surely we’ve all come to the realization that the rumors of her being transgender were unfounded. Right?
I'd say no based on looking at the responses and likes of those responses in this thread:

• Sad
Reactions: artradley
You should seek help.

Sofia Bettiza

Also confirmed by:

“This is what is called the make-male gene. It’s the master switch of sex development,” says Dr Emma Hilton, a developmental biologist who studies genetic disorders. She is also a trustee of the Sex Matters charity, which argues Imane Khelif and Lin Yu-ting shouldn’t be competing until further testing is done.”

Who goes on to say:

“However, Dr Hilton also says that in most people with DSD who have XY chromosomes, the SRY "make-male" gene is present.

These people usually have testicles which are often inside the body.

“When they hit puberty they start producing testosterone - which is what underpins male advantage in sports," says Dr Hilton.”
Not one of those people has any f'n idea what genetic conditions these women may or may not have. The Russians won't release any "results" nor will they identify who did the testing. Every single person you cite here is speculating. Period.

The only thing that matters to you is what's on their birth certificate. You made that very clear in your arguments over bathrooms. Female on the birth certificate - female bathroom only. Female on the birth certificate - female in the ring. Your rule.

To echo tarheel, then why all the legislation about genitalia and/or birth certificates? Are you suggesting that the issue may be more complex than that?
I've know that hermaphrodites existed since I was a child lol this isn't the biology 201 lesson you think it is. That doesn't make the argument for transgender people any less retarded if that's the narrative route you're trying to take this in.

Easy to prove/disprove.
Also the #1 problem with this issue is not men’s playing “down” but rather biological women at non tested levels taking male hormones.
They got the right plumbing but are gaming the system.
Anyone that went through puberty as a male should not be competing against women. This is such a silly argument.

Reactions: h-hawk
Easy to prove/disprove.
Also the #1 problem with this issue is not men’s playing “down” but rather biological women at non tested levels taking male hormones.
They got the right plumbing but are gaming the system.
Anyone that went through puberty as a male should not be competing against women. This is such a silly argument.
Is that a “yes?”

I realize a lie travels halfway around the world before the truth has its boots on, but surely we’ve all come to the realization that the rumors of her being transgender were unfounded. Right?
They are physically unable to process that little bit of information. Having natural physical advantages is enough to get people to try to get you banned. It's a good thing Michael Phelps wasn't still swimming. His arms might be deemed to be too long which gives him an unfair advantage.

They are physically unable to process that little bit of information. Having natural physical advantages is enough to get people to try to get you banned. It's a good thing Michael Phelps wasn't still swimming. His arms might be deemed to be too long which gives him an unfair advantage.
Not the same thing. Do you know for sure she’s a biological female, a female that is taking hormones, or some chromosomal variant.
I don’t know what she is and she knew it would be a question. Therefore she should have came proof. It’s not like she wasn’t denied being in a competition before. I get the Russian angle but it’s an easy problem to solve.
This is not the same thing as Micheal Phelps. He’s competing against the highest level of competition, not down.
I’m still waiting for those females transitioning to make to make their mark in men’s leagues.

Anyone that went through puberty as a male should not be competing against women.
This is exactly where I am. In athletic competition biological males have a marked advantage over other competitors, otherwise there would be no need for male/female divisions. With regard to other aspects of the transgender debates, I have never experienced it and it doesn't affect anyone else, so I will heed the advice of Tim Walz and mind my own damn business.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT