ADVERTISEMENT

Do we owe DeSantis an apology, again?

The anti vax crowd just can't grasp what the increased virulent strain means for the unvaccinated.

Uh...this is what I've been posting for weeks.

Your buddy you responded to is trying to claim "Summer" is the worst time for infections.
It is not. Covid Delta will be WAY worse in the fall if people remain unvaccinated.

Delta is 1000x time more infectious than Alpha. One epidemiologist stated that the "15 minutes indoors" being the guideline for safety for the non-masked/non-vaccinated translates to "about 1 second" for Covid Delta. Anyone indoors who is spreading WILL infect you if you're not vaccinated.

Uh...this is what I've been posting for weeks.

Your buddy you responded to is trying to claim "Summer" is the worst time for infections.
It is not. Covid Delta will be WAY worse in the fall if people remain unvaccinated.

Delta is 1000x time more infectious than Alpha. One epidemiologist stated that the "15 minutes indoors" being the guideline for safety for the non-masked/non-vaccinated translates to "about 1 second" for Covid Delta. Anyone indoors who is spreading WILL infect you if you're not vaccinated.
Yep. Which means most of the unvaccinated in Florida have it now or are going to get in in the next few weeks. Ship has sailed. Now they need to hope they are in the crowd it just does not impact badly. It's like getting on a carnival ride that has a 0.5-1% chance to kill you and 5-10% chance to leave you with life long medical issues, including a shortened lifespan.

Yep. Which means most of the unvaccinated in Florida have it now or are going to get in in the next few weeks. Ship has sailed.
It's going to get WAY worse when people start going indoors more.
In the South, this may hit during summer, when everyone wants to be in air conditioning (and the humid weather isn't as conducive for flu, but great for Covid). In the North, it'll be when it gets too cold to be outdoors.

And "breakthrough infections" are different from "breakthrough disease".
Almost no one vaccinated has incurred "breakthrough disease" - it's extremely rare.

FL and Louisiana are leading the pack here

Screen-Shot-2021-07-23-at-4.47.49-PM-640x1150.jpg

Acceleration in infection rates is closing in on the winter infection rates with Delta

covid-accel-us-768x418.jpg

Check out the comments here if you want to see what we are up against.

Wow - those tell you a lot about the problem we have.

They need to get be Darwinism'd outta here.

“While hospitals in our state were filling up, DeSantis was shouting about ‘Freedom over Faucism,’” said Ashby, who leads the group of 405 Florida physicians. “If DeSantis were as concerned about stopping COVID-19 spread as he was about coming up with these clever jabs about Dr. Fauci, we might not be in this position.”

Ashby said DeSantis has bragged about Florida’s approach to handling the pandemic, but he accused the governor of being reactive and not having a plan to protect residents.
“As a physician and a Floridian, I am frankly angry and ashamed. You know the Florida-man moniker unfortunately holds true in this particular circumstance,” Ashby said, referring to the stereotype that people in Florida do bizarre or stupid things.

• Wow
Reactions: Joes Place
Local update. We already are at most hospitalizations for 2021. We had no patients in March. As I have started paying attention over the last week our two local hospitals have gone from mid 30s to 74. It is going to be a major crisis if that number doubles again in same time.

Local update. We already are at most hospitalizations for 2021. We had no patients in March. As I have started paying attention over the last week our two local hospitals have gone from mid 30s to 74. It is going to be a major crisis if that number doubles again in same time.

STOP THE TESTING!!!! 😡

Late Tuesday, Michael Mayo, CEO of Baptist Health, said they are seeing an all-time high of of COVID-19 patients and posted an urgent appeal on its Facebook page:

“It’s never been as bad as it is now,” wrote Mayo. “Today, our number of COVID-positive patients surpassed 400, 18 of whom were children, from infants and school-age kids to teens and young adults. Though this figure changes daily, the percentage of unvaccinated patients has consistently stayed above 97% during this surge. The human cost of COVID-19 is real. According to a study recently published in The Lancet, more than 1.5 million children lost a primary or secondary caregiver to COVID-19.”

• Wow
I don't live in Florida, but it seems like he should be spending more of his time working at his current job than pandering to the Trump cult in order to get the 2024 nomination sewn up.
You can say that about a lot of politicians

You can say that about a lot of politicians
And, that doesn't make a difference. Many people are trying their best. Asa Hutchinson was sounding the alarm weeks ago because he knew Arkansas was in a bad place. Partly his fault, by the way. Hospitalizations, especially among youth is surging in Arkansas. Nobody thinks Hutchinson is a viable 2024 candidate, and I think he is term limited as far as running for governor again. A few months ago he was saying the stupid stuff DeSantis is saying today. Then he saw the numbers and realized his citizens were going to get sick and die needlessly. He changed course.
Not everyone is running for president. DeSantis is way out in front trying to use every change to bolster his chances. Noem is doing the same thing in South Dakota. She doesn't care one bit how many people die if she gets a shot at being VP or POTUS.

They could all get vaccinated today with Pfizer or Moderna, and it MIGHT help. But the reality is they'd still be at least 5+ weeks from the full immunity effects of those vaccines.
Which is something I have repeatedly brought up about kids returning to school. It is almost too late to be fully vaccinated for the start of the school year. Kimmie should be on every platform available pushing vaccinations if she truly wants Iowa's kids to be in school this year, and to be healthy.

I didn’t start anything. You falsely claimed that Texas has five times more COVID infections per capita than Mexico and I destroyed your little meme with facts. You’ve been so butthurt since then that you’ve done nothing but twist my words and outright lie about my posts.

This is a 100% blatant lie and you know it.

Admit your lie, asshole.

It may not be five times but it's awfully close. The idea that immigrants are causing the surge is ridiculous. It's directly correlated to having low vaccination rates. That's the case across the US.

It may not be five times but it's awfully close. The idea that immigrants are causing the surge is ridiculous. It's directly correlated to having low vaccination rates. That's the case across the US.
No, it’s not even close. Even Joes Place, who never ever admits when he’s wrong, backpedaled from that claim and tried to call it a push. And even that’s absurd because Texas is testing at a rate about 20x higher than Mexico is. Mexico and Central American countries like Honduras and El Salvador and Guatemala simply don’t have the resources or capacity to test for COVID at anywhere close to the level we do. So that argument is a non-starter.

Low vaccination rates are a huge problem driving our current spikes, but there are other factors as well. It’s insane to suggest there can’t be other aggravating factors.

However, I’m going to pretend for a moment that you’re right and low vaccination rates are the singular cause of infection spikes. I’m going to do it because this is the part where left-wing logic makes my brain hurt and I want you to explain something to me.

If low vaccination rates are the only aggravating factor causing case surges then how can it possibly be a good idea to let hundreds of thousands of unvaccinated migrants cross into our country every single month unchecked?

The number of unvaccinated people who have crossed the southwest border into the United States so far this year is literally the equivalent of having a second Rhode Island full of unvaccinated people. How is it even possible that’s not something to be concerned about?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
@binsfeldcyhawk2 , you asked what he could do. This is a perfect example of what I was talking about in sending mixed messages about the severity of Covid. "Please get vaccinated but don't worry about any mitigation efforts even though my state is once again the epicenter of the nation."

Lead and stop the damn grandstanding!
That's fair. I have to admit I'm not a fan of vaccinated folks having to mask up...I'll comply though.

On the political side....the reason DeSantis comes under so much scrutiny is because of 2024 if we're being honest. I personally think Haley is a more dangerous 2024 candidate.

That's fair. I have to admit I'm not a fan of vaccinated folks having to mask up...I'll comply though.

On the political side....the reason DeSantis comes under so much scrutiny is because of 2024 if we're being honest. I personally think Haley is a more dangerous 2024 candidate.
He comes under so much scrutiny because he is the governor of the third largest state, loves the camera, loves to blame others for his failures, loves to play to his base and 2024. He has complete control over three of these.

Reactions: RileyHawk
He comes under so much scrutiny because he is the governor of the third largest state, loves the camera, loves to blame others for his failures, loves to play to his base and 2024. He has complete control over three of these.
The bolded could describe Newsom and Cuomo. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT