ADVERTISEMENT

Do you agree with this statement?

Do you agree with the statement above?

• Yes. 10% is smart

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Yes. 10% is good but more is better.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play with crypto but don't make it your end all be all.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Crypto is a scam.

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
Mar 11, 2020
I'm not sure I'd ir was on here or TMB that I read someone say "if you are not currently investing 10% of your post tax income in crypto currency you are not smart". (They used the R word but we don't need that for conversation)

Do you agree? I don't know much about investing. I max my 401k and IRA and HSA and that is about it but I know the earlier you invest thr larger the returns later. What say you? Right now is putting 10% in crypto smart?

Crypto is just one small part of my overall allocation. I max 401k, Roth and HSA and then whatever is left goes into the brokerage account or to crypto. I will not go overboard on such a risky asset but buy when I can, mostly ETH and ADA for now.

10% might be too much for some. I truly believe blockchain technology, crypto, and Web3 are the future. All are in their infancy (like the internet in the 90s). Who wins the crypto race is pretty speculative at this point.

83-of-all-5af139.jpg

No way I'm putting 10% of my salary away on something that could disappear overnight.

That said, I wish I'd bought a shit ton of Bitcoins when my buddy told me to when they were under $100. Hell, he was farming them when they were under $10. Now he's a multi-millionaire. Well, some days he is, some days he isn't.

No way. I’m invested in some and going to get out soon. I want sound money. I am trying to get 10% of my investments in precious metals though. Guess I’m just old.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I have a little knowledge about crypto and read somewhere that even if you don't like it maybe invest $1,000 now and let it ride. Lot's of upside low risk.

only a matter of time before one of us dickwads starts the HROT brand crypto currency. rest of us are no doubt keeping powder dry to go all in that day.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT