ADVERTISEMENT

Do you all think that J. Parker

Hawk68

HB MVP
Oct 1, 2001
has his one play (jet sweep) well memorized and how long will it be before Iowa tries it again?

It wasn't blocked right normally he cuts up midfield and not bounce it outside - it will work

That needs retired for good.

However if like to see the WR jailbreak screen brought back.
Not retired, just run as part of a play series including inside zone and PA pass. I like it better out of gun. Gets more depth early to prevent penetration from blowing it up, and sets up read/izzy by stretching the defense along the LOS. Need to seal the backside though.

Hey Opposing Teams,
If Jonathan Parker is in the game, he is going to get the ball. Our coaches are apparently not bright enough or too lazy to implement a compliment. Feel free to completely sell out on the sweep from here on out.

Reactions: BuckRussel
Haven't seen it since but people have said it was blocked and if he had cut inside he had big gain.

Hey Opposing Teams,
If Jonathan Parker is in the game, he is going to get the ball. Our coaches are apparently not bright enough or too lazy to implement a compliment. Feel free to completely sell out on the sweep from here on out.
That's false. He played last yet and didn't get the ball most plays he was in. I did analysis after the Indiana game for people who thought they knew what they are talking about. They didnt. Go figure. And that includes when he lined up in the slot

Reactions: DarkThunder#61
Haven't seen it since but people have said it was blocked and if he had cut inside he had big gain.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I thought that when I say him run it during the game, looked like there was a lane if he would have cut back to the inside. Haven't watched it over again so I could be mistaken, but it sure looked like the hole was there. Best thing is that Iowa won so things like that can be worked out during the week in practice.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I thought that when I say him run it during the game, looked like there was a lane if he would have cut back to the inside. Haven't watched it over again so I could be mistaken, but it sure looked like the hole was there. Best thing is that Iowa won so things like that can be worked out during the week in practice.

Well then you haven't been paying attention. This week is for bitching about last week. :)

That's false. He played last yet and didn't get the ball most plays he was in. I did analysis after the Indiana game for people who thought they knew what they are talking about. They didnt. Go figure. And that includes when he lined up in the slot
The fake FG and Jet Sweep are just a few things Iowa is having other teams prepare for.I think it's awesome .
About 5 different things can be done out of the Jet sweep formation.

The fake FG and Jet Sweep are just a few things Iowa is having other teams prepare for.I think it's awesome .

And Iowa only does 1 of those things... with one player who never plays until that one thing gets dialed up. The opposing team probably greets Parker to the tune of "SWEEEEEEEP" every time he enters the game. This is high school shit and it needs to be corrected. Did the same amateur hour crap with Cheney.

And Iowa only does 1 of those things... with one player who never plays until that one thing gets dialed up. The opposing team probably greets Parker to the tune of "SWEEEEEEEP" every time he enters the game. This is high school shit and it needs to be corrected. Did the same amateur hour crap with Cheney.

again, this is just false. Last year they brought Parker from the slot faked it to him and went up the middle, they passed out of it after faking it to him. I did a whole thing about it after the Indiana game last year because people started saying exactly what you are saying. You think you know what you are talking about but you don't. Parker got the ball on the jet sweep less than 17% of the plays he was in last year. Again, you don't know what you are talking about. Unless you watch the game over and over you don't notice these things. Nobody does. I haven't gotten a chance to watch the replay but I bet Parker was in on more than one play and I can't say that for sure but money says he was. But they didn't run the Jet Sweep so that automatically means he wasn't in there because that is all IOwa does when he is in there. You guys just like bitching and you never really seem to care if what you are bitching about is accurate. Maybe you don't care.

Key words here are "can be"

It would be beneficial if one of our WRs that actually sees the field was capable of running this play. Bringing in a player one time a game? Not so much

No.

ISU had a LB and a S shift when Parker went in motion. It is a good play to keep and run other plays off of with Parker as a decoy. If the D does not shift, definitely come back to it.

again, this is just false. Last year they brought Parker from the slot faked it to him and went up the middle, they passed out of it after faking it to him. I did a whole thing about it after the Indiana game last year because people started saying exactly what you are saying. You think you know what you are talking about but you don't. Parker got the ball on the jet sweep less than 17% of the plays he was in last year. Again, you don't know what you are talking about. Unless you watch the game over and over you don't notice these things. Nobody does. I haven't gotten a chance to watch the replay but I bet Parker was in on more than one play and I can't say that for sure but money says he was. But they didn't run the Jet Sweep so that automatically means he wasn't in there because that is all IOwa does when he is in there. You guys just like bitching and you never really seem to care if what you are bitching about is accurate. Maybe you don't care.

If you think that package has been sufficiently developed and utilized, then I guess you're an easy man to please.

Reactions: RocknRollface

From what it seems, many posters would rather have something to bitch about than offer accurate commentary.

Reactions: DarkThunder#61
Hey Opposing Teams,
Pretty lame analysis. Parker is a weapon and our coaches will find ways to use him. Go Hawks!

If proving me wrong is pointing out that we broke tendency on this twice, go ahead and put that feather in your cap. Parker is absolutely a weapon, perhaps the quickest ballcarrier we have had in the Ferentz era. Our coaches have not competently found a way to use him, either as a ballcarrier or decoy. I'm not sure how anyone could possibly argue against that.

Cheney had 29 receptions because he was forced into action because of putrid WR depth in 07 (19 catches). He was used as 'sweep boy' (with few, if any, complimenting plays) for the last two years of his career. 7 catches in his junior year (5 carries) and 1 catch (6 carries) in his senior year. He rarely saw the field outside of garbage time and subbing in to run the jet sweep after his sophomore year.

Last edited:
Reactions: lenoxhawks
:)Sorry Greenlite, your first sentence was already false so I just tuned you out. Broke tendancies twice? Dear God. I can't take you seriously. You don't like the coaching staff. You could just say that and not make yourself out to be a fool. But you went a different direction didn't you.

JP has had some bad days. My hat is off to him for hanging in there. Good things will come JP, good things will most definitely come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT