ADVERTISEMENT

Do you buy fireworks?

HawkeyeGenius

HR Heisman
Nov 25, 2021
I think they are a waste of money, but the children enjoy them. So, I usually end up allowing them to get $100 worth or so. We spend more time buying them than we do shooting them off.

Reactions: Scott559
Not my thing but don't mind other people shooting them off. I live a little over a mile where they shoot trap. The State trap shoot will be almost as loud. If I keep my doors and windows shut it's barely noticeable.

Waste of money. I’ve reluctantly purchased them in the past for the kids, but they don’t seem to have interest anymore. Perfectly fine with me.

Very, very seldom. Probably haven't spent $250 in my lifetime.

Loved them when I was young. Stopped when I had dogs that hated them. Haven't bought any in 32 years. But my neighborhood gives a good free show.

Reactions: hawksurprize
Loved shooting them off as a kid, would buy them a few times when my kids where kids, now nah there's plenty of other stupid crap that blow my money on.

Not since my late 20’s. Lit a M-80 in my hand, threw it and it blew up inches from my fingers. Scared the fireworks right out of me.

Reactions: mnole03
We still have a stash we bought almost 20 years ago. Combination of the kids growing up and maybe me too:)
I used to love setting them off as a kid and would do so probably for a week heading up to the 4th. My dad had a large bag with an awesome variety that he doled out. (Cherry Bombs, M80s, Silver Salutes, Black Cats, Lady Fingers etc.) The bag came from an Uncle who was a cop:)

I was down at the Missouri state line last week and an account gave me one of those big displays of fireworks.

I had no use for it so gave ot to a friend for his kids.

We bought a 50 dollar kit at Costco this year for our son to see. There were so many fireworks but they were all a bit redundant. Fired some on Saturday and gave our neighbor a bag full. Fired the rest last night. Probably will not do that again unless we buy a couple at a tent.

costco-1039047-TNT-Fireworks-Nation-of-Freedom-Fireworks-Assortment.jpg

Pick no more than two for the 4th:
1. Fireworks
2. Alcohol
3. Drugs
4. Weed
5. Watch hot dog contest

My kids enjoy them, so I reluctantly make my way to the local tnt tent and make my purchase. We had a blast hanging out together last night. Best part is I can have a couple beers, no driving, not dealing with thousands of people and traffic at the big shows and don’t have to worry about getting shot at.

Reactions: The Tradition
Define drugs plz
Taking Vicodin as prescribed after dental procedure = not drugs. Hoarding Vicodin and toughing out pain from dental procedure so you can mix the Vicodin with beer on 4th of July = drugs. When fireworks are involved, all psychedelics are drugs. Adderall is not a drug with respect to fireworks. Does this help?

Reactions: Moral
Taking Vicodin as prescribed after dental procedure = not drugs. Hoarding Vicodin and toughing out pain from dental procedure so you can mix the Vicodin with beer on 4th of July = drugs. When fireworks are involved, all psychedelics are drugs. Adderall is not a drug with respect to fireworks. Does this help?

Say yes to drugs.

Reactions: GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT