ADVERTISEMENT

Do you drink tap water out of the faucet?

I do in Des Moines. I would try very hard not to when I lived in Iowa City. I don't think there was anything wrong with the tap water, but sometimes it looked chalky. Most of the time there I was not drinking something non-alcoholic anyway.
I like to post this every chance I get:
5e3dc713005428f253559bfd08d43da2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: ConvenientParking
Yeah I don't mind tap water but prefer from the filter. Our water is pretty hard where I'm at. It leaves me bruised after a shower

We have had two friends pass away in their late 30s from colon cancer. There is no empirical evidence connecting their cancer to environmental factors, such as pollution. And the synergistic effect of smoking, drinking, diet and genetics greatly control the chances of developing colon cancer. But we live in an area that is termed the cancer belt, so we try to do what we can to avoid pollution.

We have a filtered water dispenser on the fridge but I regularly drink water from the kitchen sink, out bathroom sink or even the hose outside in the summer. I grew up drinking nasty hard water in Florida so I’m not bothered by it. My wife thinks it’s gross.

What about you?

Yes. Too much effort to get it from the fridge.

My favorite are dopes that think you gain serious health benefits from drinking filtered water.

But we live in an area that is termed the cancer belt
Never knew Houston was referred to as the cancer belt, but a little google search indicated as much. If I lived there I too would be very careful with regard to the water. Hopefully it isn't the air.

I'll happily drink water from either faucet, don't care if it's inside or out. Won't hesitate to drink from the hose.

The fridge in the kitchen has an icemaker & dispenser, as well as water dispenser; it has a filter built into it that I've changed once since we bought it four or 5 years ago. I'm sure it should have been changed several years ago, but I don't bother. The water dispenser is slow & I'm not patient enough to stand there while it fills, so I usually get a few pieces of ice & fill my cup from the kitchen sink.

I went to one of those " enlightened " Iowa City schools. At football practice we were given a 3 second pull on the hose, laying on the ground, about twice a practice. After the 3 second rehydration we resumed practice. " Put the crown of your helmet on his numbers Vanderwulf you big pussy "...

ADVERTISEMENT