ADVERTISEMENT

Do you drink tap water out of the faucet?

Feb 9, 2013
We have a filtered water dispenser on the fridge but I regularly drink water from the kitchen sink, out bathroom sink or even the hose outside in the summer. I grew up drinking nasty hard water in Florida so I’m not bothered by it. My wife thinks it’s gross.

What about you?

Reactions: Doodads and Hoohah
We have a filtered water dispenser on the fridge but I regularly drink water from the kitchen sink, out bathroom sink or even the hose outside in the summer. I grew up drinking nasty hard water in Florida so I’m not bothered by it. My wife thinks it’s gross.

What about you?
Hell yeah. We have a faucet/sprayer that you can pull off from the base. Many a time I just spray about a liter of water down the throat. Our water is good and no need to dirty up a glass.

We have a filtered water dispenser on the fridge but I regularly drink water from the kitchen sink, out bathroom sink or even the hose outside in the summer.
Drinking from the hose outside is playing with fire. #1 Most Garden hoses are not meant for drinking water and contain lead that leeches into the stagnent water that is in them. #2 Stagnant water in a a garden hose is a playground for bacterial growth. Think warm water and stagnant.

I do in Des Moines. I would try very hard not to when I lived in Iowa City. I don't think there was anything wrong with the tap water, but sometimes it looked chalky. Most of the time there I was not drinking something non-alcoholic anyway.

Drinking from the hose outside is playing with fire. #1 Most Garden hoses are not meant for drinking water and contain lead that leeches into the stagnent water that is in them. #2 Stagnant water in a a garden hose is a playground for bacterial growth. Think warm water and stagnant. yes I drank from the hose as a kid. In 2000 I was on RAGBRAI with some guys from oregon. They drank water out of a garden hose on a farmstead. The Farmer said the hose was hooked to the same well that fed the tap water in the house. The hose had extremely warm water in it from the hot sun. They let it run cold and then drank from it They both got explosive diarrhea on their flight back to Portland. Both were sick for several days. The old last day of ragbrai blues so to speak.

I do in Des Moines. I would try very hard not to when I lived in Iowa City. I don't think there was anything wrong with the tap water, but sometimes it looked chalky. Most of the time there I was not drinking something non-alcoholic anyway.
I think the water has gotten better, but Iowa City water in the mid-90s was just horrific. Almost bad as the brackish shit water found in Florida down by Marco Island and Naples.

Who else drank water out of their parents garden hose as a kid?
Actually, my mom’s folks called it a hose pipe. Yes, we drank from the hose pipe.
We have a well and drink, cook, and bath in our water.
The two municipal supplies I am most around produce some of the finest water in the country and I drink it willingly.
Asheville and Waynesville both pull water from wooded and undeveloped multi thousand acre watersheds.
We are lucky to have the resource available.

Single bottled water should be looked on with disdain. It is crazy how wasteful that whole supply chain is...

kJDSvd.gif

Who else drank water out of their parents garden hose as a kid?
Missed this earlier - would drink regularly out of garden hose no problem. Where this would come up most frequently was backyard water fights which were cheaper than the public pool. An uncle on my mother's side of the family lived next door to my maternal grandparents for years. Both has spigots in their backyard and there was also a detached garage over which water balloons could be chucked liked grenades over a WWI trench.

No I get my water out of a well and it generally tastes horrible. Even with the water softener.

Now when I lived in town I drank out of the tap no problem.

Drinking from the hose outside is playing with fire. #1 Most Garden hoses are not meant for drinking water and contain lead that leeches into the stagnent water that is in them. #2 Stagnant water in a a garden hose is a playground for bacterial growth. Think warm water and stagnant.

Every party needs a pooper. Fun hater!!

Reactions: 3boysmom
Yep. Tastes very good. Probably about 32-48 oz per day. Unfiltered, no softener. A buddy of mine works in wastewater management for a city in Minnesota - every time he comes to visit he says we got some damn fine tasting water.

I buy maybe tops 1 bottle of water per year. Own a few different sized decanters...I take some with all the time when I leave the house.

Get a load of this f*cking guy...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT