ADVERTISEMENT

Do you ever have bad dreams and you're so relieved when you wake up?

HawkFan1298

HR MVP
Sep 7, 2021
A few times, I've had some dreams like I was sentenced to 40 years in prison for some minor crime like killing hookers then I wake up in my bed and quiet room and feel a flood of relief.

Last night, I had a dream that I fell into a cave and there were only two slats with the sun shining through and I was about to panic then I woke up in relief.

Anyone have any similar dreams and relief when you wake up?

A few times, I've had some dreams like I was sentenced to 40 years in prison for some minor crime like killing hookers then I wake up in my bed and quiet room and feel a flood of relief.

Last night, I had a dream that I fell into a cave and there were only two slats with the sun shining through and I was about to panic then I woke up in relief.

All the time. Mine vanish quickly, its amazing how that works. Sometimes I wake up vividly remembering dreams like they were real for about an hour, and then they just kind of disappear. Really remarkable how many times I've felt that exact sensation of realizing it thankfully was just a dream, which in itself does last, but to completely forget what even happened in the dream by mid day.

I've had this roughly same dream every couple of months since 2013. I'm drunk with a group of friends that includes friends of mine who have never met each other or have any connection and we're hanging at some new place I've never been before including in the other dreams. Someone else shows up with a big ass bag of fish scale cocaine. I get so excited when I see it in the bag, but something distracting always happens and I never get to try the cocaine. Used to be pissed I didn't get to try the coke. Now I'm relieved I wasn't really drunk.

I've had this roughly same dream every couple of months since 2013. I'm drunk with a group of friends that includes friends of mine who have never met each other or have any connection and we're hanging at some new place I've never been before including in the other dreams. Someone else shows up with a big ass bag of fish scale cocaine. I get so excited when I see it in the bag, but something distracting always happens and I never get to try the cocaine. Used to be pissed I didn't get to try the coke. Now I'm relieved I wasn't really drunk.

That kinda reminds me of a dream I've probably had 50 times over the years.

I'm in some emergency situation and try to call 911 but keep dialing the wrong numbers.

919 then 991 then 119 then 999...

It never works.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
My oldest has always had anxiety and it has been really scary at times. I remember when he was in his teens I woke up to the sound of a gunshot. Like jolted out of bed and was terrified to check on him. I had one other dream where he’d harmed himself during a particularly challenging time. I woke up screaming and scared the hell out of my husband. There was zero chance of sleeping again that night. After those dreams nothing else could touch them for fear or awfulness.

Every once in a blue moon I’ll awake from a bad dream or remember it. Most mornings I don’t remember my dreams, but sometimes I do if I wake during the dream.

My favorite reoccurring themes have been:

A) The out of control vehicle. For whatever reason I'm driving fast... and then I start losing control and careening into all kinds of stuff and can't stop making mistakes.

B) The commitment I made but forgot about. Usually signing up for classes I never bothered to attend... or signing the lease on an apartment I never bother using. Not terribly the distressing, just odd...

I have a recurring dream that I didn’t graduate college because I missed / failed some class and am 3 hrs short. Cold sweat every time.

Reactions: CeeTeeHawk1
My dreams are usually - I guess the word is they're "parallels" of stresses involved with my life. They usually happen when shit's gettin' real so to speak.

And as one of the posts above state, nothing seems to ever work out in the dreams. The dreams aren't subject specific to real life. Just situations I seem to drift into that involve trying to get out or away from or resolve some sort of crisis...which never actually occurs. Eventually they reach a point where there is no escape.

Then I wake up. Happens maybe 1-2 times per month. Luckily they happen early after I go to bed. Usually an hour or two after I fall asleep. Usually I can then stay awake for 10-15 or so minutes, then crawl back into bed and sleep through the rest of the night without a recurrence of the dream. Like...nothing. I fall back asleep, then the alarm goes off 5-6 hours later and I barely recall anything specific about them.

I know...weird. But at least I know stress is the reason why they occur.

The other night I dreamt I ate the world’s biggest marshmallow. When I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I recently had a dream that I was fishing and was captured by the Taliban. They had us in a truck and kept driving us around threatening to kill us. I woke up terrified that I was gonna get killed. Most bad dreams I forget within a day, but that one I remembered!

I have a recurring dream that I didn’t graduate college because I missed / failed some class and am 3 hrs short. Cold sweat every time.
Same here. I think it is because I really was worried about one of my classes my last semester. I was so burnt out with school, I am not sure what I would have done if I failed that class.

Same here. I think it is because I really was worried about one of my classes my last semester. I was so burnt out with school, I am not sure what I would have done if I failed that class.

I started and ended my college career on academic probation. Luckily what I do for a living has absolutely nothing to do with my degree. College was fun. School sucked. I’m in the same boat as you - just needed to GTFO outta there!

Wrecked my car really bad in a very realistic dream one time,.. Big relief to wake up and discover that it never happened.
I dream about causing car accidents often, sometimes with deaths. It's horrible.

ADVERTISEMENT