Do you get MLK day off

Do you get MLK day off

• Yes

Votes: 46 38.7%
  • No

Votes: 73 61.3%

• Total voters
it's a firm holiday, but i'm working until i have to go get my stitches out

Yes - but my company let’s me bank it for a rainy day. That’s what I’m doing this year, as I have every other year prior too. Same w/President’s Day.

No, after New Year’s Day nothing until Memorial Day. Though we take a 10 day vacation every year in March/April to break it up.

I got it off in college but I've never gotten it off while working.

Weird to me, with about 2/3rds of posters saying they don't get it off you would say that getting it off is relatively uncommon. But yet on the way to work today it felt like a Saturday morning in terms of traffic.

I got it off in college but I've never gotten it off while working.

Weird to me, with about 2/3rds of posters saying they don't get it off you would say that getting it off is relatively uncommon. But yet on the way to work today it felt like a Saturday morning in terms of traffic.

That's because school is out so a lot of parents that don't get it as a holiday end up taking a vacation day.

Reactions: General Tso
Schools, Banks, U.S.Postal Service are
always closed today. Most businesses
remain open to keep the economy alive
and well. Those who are self-employed
have a choice to make. In the meantime
the Chicago Bulls will honor Martin Luther
King Jr. by playing in Milwaukee at 4 pm.
today.

Our college is open. I get the evil stink eye from the students when they find out they have to come.

It's not a holiday in healthcare, but I happen to be off today, kinda. Had to get some chart stuff caught up. And had an MRI... That was unpleasant.

Reactions: 3 and Out on D
Yep. Just another Sunday at my house. Kind of weird though as we still have all of our sports practices this evening. Kind of throwing me off.

Yes. I didn't know about it until Friday. First year we've had it off. Extra cocktail to celebrate a successful day at Elite.

Nope, in the office but I wouldn't say I've actually been working today.

giphy.gif

Yes. Currently watching Captain Marvel for the 16th time after polishing off a turkey sandwich with Boetjes mustard on 15 grain bread as Dr. King wanted me to do.

Nope, there are no days off in retirement. Pre-retirement I never had MLK day off, I worked in healthcare.

I was given the option to take the day off, but I chose to work. Someone had to be there. May as well be me since I'm off the rest of the week to go to Iowa.

I’m surprised so many ppl said yes. Lots of retail and restaurant workers on here or something. o_O

I do. We were talking about it being a short week a week or two ago, but we had to look up if it was MLK, President’s, or Columbus Day because no one could remember. :rolleyes:

I went in later than usual. Celebrated the Chiefs game pretty hard so lasted about an hour and said F it.

ADVERTISEMENT