ADVERTISEMENT

Do you have any addictions?

Wahawk56

HR Legend
Aug 31, 2004
I'm sure most of you can figure out one of my addictions before the man upstairs sent me on my path of righteousness. I'm also addicted to money. Love it way too much.

I feel like I already answered this once.....

quamire-internet.gif

I'm sure most of you can figure out one of my addictions before the man upstairs sent me on my path of righteousness. I'm also addicted to money. Love it way too much.
Two, if you don't count the overwhelming urge to correct and educate strangers on internet message boards.

I was a chain smoker, doing 4 packs a day when I quit. I would also be considered a recovering alcoholic by the usual standards.

Two, if you don't count the overwhelming urge to correct and educate strangers on internet message boards.

I was a chain smoker, doing 4 packs a day when I quit. I would also be considered a recovering alcoholic by the usual standards.

Serious question LC. How long have you given up smoking? I remember my grandfather saying he was about 3 packs a day but that is when you could smoke everywhere. He said there would always be a cigarette lit but most would just burn out while he was working. So I can how people could smoke that much while actually continuing to work. How did you find the time to go outside to smoke and still get through 4 packs a day?

Serious question LC. How long have you given up smoking? I remember my grandfather saying he was about 3 packs a day but that is when you could smoke everywhere. He said there would always be a cigarette lit but most would just burn out while he was working. So I can how people could smoke that much while actually continuing to work. How did you find the time to go outside to smoke and still get through 4 packs a day?
Your grandfather is right. I quit in October of 1976. I don't remember the exact day. That's the last time I had a cigarette. I smoked cigars for three or four more months, then gave them up, too, because I was inhaling them.

There were very, very few places that banned smoking at the time. IIRC, you could even smoke in hospitals. I could, and did, smoke everywhere. Restaurants, the office, in classes at college in the '60s. And your grandfather is right about having more than one going at a time occasionally, and about some of them basically burning themselves in an ashtray. I wasn't inhaling every puff of 80 cigarettes a day.

A person couldn't come close to going through that many fags (as they were sometimes called) a day now, with all the restrictions. Moreover, who could afford them? I don't recall the most I ever paid for a pack of cigarettes. I think it was 75 cents in a vending machine in an airport. A carton of long Winstons (10 packs) was a little under $4 at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT