ADVERTISEMENT

Do you know anyone under the age of 60 who's died from COVID?

Do ou personally know anyone under the age of 60 who has died from COVID?

• Yes

Votes: 73 24.7%
  • No

Votes: 223 75.3%

• Total voters
Anyone younger than 60 is more than likely in poor health, maybe this virus will be a warning shot for all the fat, overweight millennials I see everyday.

Just a question for all who say that people are healthy and still unfortunately pass away.

Did they look healthy or do you know for a fact they didn't have any underlying conditions? I am not trying to belittle the situation. Anyone passing away, regardless of cause, sucks. I am just trying to look further into this than what appears on the outside for people.

I’m guessing once you know people your tune will change. Gasping for air like your drowning alone in an ER is not a pleasant way to go.

Or you could end up with lung scarring and never be the same.

But hey as long as the 1% is the elderly, not your sons, daughters, spouse, or friends...it’s just a hoax am I right? Our country is so screwed, we are so selfish....”better him than me! I ain’t wearing no mask!” has taken over.
Then what's your solution? Wanna lock down 100% of the people because 1% have a chance of death due to a virus that was created on the other side of the planet? Life and death are facts of life and no one is guaranteed another day, with or without the Covid virus. More people will be killed going to work in a car accident then die from Covid-19. Maybe that sounds a little callous, but that is simply the facts of life.

Fortunately, not yet. Unfortunately, we seem hell bent on making sure that everyone knows somebody who died of it or has had their lives permenantly impacted from getting the disease.
Yes it’s much better that we have all of our lives permanently impacted from an overreaction to the disease.

Reactions: SDHN2013 and EBL#7
Yes it’s much better that we have all of our lives permanently impacted from an overreaction to the disease.

How many people are going to have to die before you stop calling it an over-reaction?

How many people are going to have to die before you stop calling it an over-reaction?
I don’t have a definitive number but it would certainly need to be a larger number than the increases in suicide, homicide, and car crashes that we have witnessed as a result of the overreaction.

Then what's your solution? Wanna lock down 100% of the people because 1% have a chance of death due to a virus that was created on the other side of the planet? Life and death are facts of life and no one is guaranteed another day, with or without the Covid virus. More people will be killed going to work in a car accident then die from Covid-19. Maybe that sounds a little callous, but that is simply the facts of life.

A) We need to shut down, again, and purge the virus. That means letting the current people who are sick have the virus run its course and stop them from infecting new people. Then, this time, actually stay shut down long enough for the virus to burn itself out.

B) Who gives a crap where it came from? It kills you the same.

C) When people die in car accidents, we make changes to prevent those deaths and make it safer. The thing is, people will always be driving cars as long as we still have a functioning civilization. People don't always have to die from this virus, with federal help and some mental maturity we can get rid of this. That's how other countries managed to do it.

I don’t have a definitive number but it would certainly need to be a larger number than the increases in suicide, homicide, and car crashes that we have witnessed as a result of the overreaction.

I'd love to see your data that says the numbers of suicides, homicides, and car crashes have increased since the lockdowns began.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I'd love to see your data that says the numbers of suicides, homicides, and car crashes have increased since the lockdowns began.
It’s all very easily searchable. If you are truly interested just google it.

A) We need to shut down, again, and purge the virus. That means letting the current people who are sick have the virus run its course and stop them from infecting new people. Then, this time, actually stay shut down long enough for the virus to burn itself out.

C) When people die in car accidents, we make changes to prevent those deaths and make it safer. The thing is, people will always be driving cars as long as we still have a functioning civilization. People don't always have to die from this virus, with federal help and some mental maturity we can get rid of this. That's how other countries managed to do it.
The point is that people are going to die, no one can change that. Dying is just a fact of life. Does it matter if it was from a car accident or Covid? In reality, no......Locking the country down again is only going to prolong the virus, not purge it. The only way past this virus is for nature to takes its course and we have herd immunity, or have some miracle vaccine that isn't available at the moment. Keep in mind, we're still waiting for a vaccine for HIV and that has been around since the eighties. I keep saying this, but people over the age of 18 can make their own decision on how to live their lives, they don't need a politician or a medical bureaucrat telling them they need to stay home and lock the doors. If your afraid, then by all means, lock your doors.

Reactions: EBL#7
The point is that people are going to die, no one can change that. Dying is just a fact of life. Does it matter if it was from a car accident or Covid? In reality, no......Locking the country down again is only going to prolong the virus, not purge it. The only way past this virus is for nature to takes its course and we have herd immunity, or have some miracle vaccine that isn't available at the moment. Keep in mind, we're still waiting for a vaccine for HIV and that has been around since the eighties. I keep saying this, but people over the age of 18 can make their own decision on how to live their lives, they don't need a politician or a medical bureaucrat telling them they need to stay home and lock the doors. If your afraid, then by all means, lock your doors.

Amazing. Just about every country has demonstrated how to deal with this virus in a successful manner and you won't accept it.

Reactions: mjtommy and LinusPF
I know one person who has died from COVID. He was over 90 and was not in very good health. I know about 10 others who have COVID, one of them was over 60 and he recovered. The others have also recovered and there has been no mention of other, long term health problems as a result.

Buddy of mine is 30 and got it. Lungs filled with fluid and his heart started failing him. He was put on a ventilator and his friend sent out texts updating us. It wasn't expected that he'd survive the next day or so but made a recovery!

He is off the ventilator and doing better- difficulty breathing but improving as time goes. That was scary.

Edit to say no, I do not know of anyone personally under 60 that has died from it.

Last edited:
I've known two former athletes very close to me that got it, one male 45 years old (In Iowa), female 49 (In Florida) and they say it's like the worst flu they ever had times two. Both recovered in around 10 days.

I think the cancellation isn't for the players at all. IT's for the coaches and those that work around the program whom all are typically 40-70 years old. Plus, the potential backlash for any fans or stadium workers.

I wish there was just a regular season, it would have been great, but I'm hoping at least a normal spring season with all teams will make me happy. Having a partial fall and partial spring just seems pretty ridiculous.

You made the claim, it's your job to provide the evidence. I'm not going to do your homework for you.
Um no. My job is as a quality control expert for explosive remediation jobs. My job has nothing to do with providing information to you. You said you were interested. If you are, then google it. Pretty simple. If you’re not interested then don’t.

Um no. My job is as a quality control expert for explosive remediation jobs. My job has nothing to do with providing information to you. You said you were interested. If you are, then google it. Pretty simple. If you’re not interested then don’t.

Then don't make claims you aren't willing to back up. I asked, because the data I found said something very different. But whatever, I get it.

Amazing. Just about every country has demonstrated how to deal with this virus in a successful manner and you won't accept it.
LOL Every country has dealt with the virus differently, so who is to say who did it right? You? The countries that didn't lock down and didn't ruin their economies like Sweden are much further along then us. You know, to each his own, I'm 56, diabetic and I see things in black and white. If you want to stay home, great, that's your call if you feel that is the best for you, but the majority of Americans think staying home for less then a 1% chance of death is not worth it. It's less then that if you figure that 85% of those 1% were over age 75. I know I know, I'm not the most compasionate person, I guess being X military and X department of corrections will do that. ;)

Best I got is a REO Speedwagon death.. heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who, heard it from another somebody got sick... but I don't know of anyone personally who died OF or WITH covid.

You seem to think you know everything but you really don't know jack

We have had seven positive cases where I work out of around 300 people. 1 is currently isolating. 5 were back to work within two weeks and only off that long because they had to be fever-free for a week. One was off an extra week because she traveled out of state when she was supposed to be quarantined. They were mid 20s to mid 40s and none are physical specimens. It isn't uncommon for most of us to not know anyone who died from it since the overwhelming majority of deaths are people of retirement age.

Then don't make claims you aren't willing to back up. I asked, because the data I found said something very different. But whatever, I get it.
What data did you find? You claim it’s something very different. It is your job to back that up.

To an earlier poster’s point, it became political once the administrations running our federal and state governments said PLAY BALL! in early June and increasingly downplayed the science.

What is funny and ironic... is that if the “fake news” population had played ball for a few months, America could have swept this under the rug.

Median age of death from covid is 78, same as average life expectancy in US, which is why the overall death rate in America is fairly flat in 2020.

That being said, I died a little when they said the hawks won't play football this year and I'm under 60, so maybe that's 1?

Amazing. Just about every country has demonstrated how to deal with this virus in a successful manner and you won

Like the European countries whose case fatality rates are 4-5 times ours (even with NY’s f*** ups) and whose economies are far worse off because of lockdowns?

Besides no one is testing anywhere near as much as we are or classifying Covid deaths as liberally as we are so numbers are pretty meaningless to compare anyway.

Almost everyone who died from this would have died within one year. I average age of death in USA is 78 and that is the average age of those dying with covid—- not from Covid. Total deaths this year are almost the same as they were last year overall

A shitload more than the current < .04% of our population. the UN that libs love says millions will starve due to lockdowns worldwide. economics will lead to the next pandemic.... starvation. lockdowns have consequences. fear mongering is dangerous. and NO, I know no one who has died from wuflu. healthy people have little to fear... diseased folk and fatties like my elderly self can be killed by a long list of things. live in fear.... or not. what do libs say? MY BODY MY CHOICE?

Reactions: Kurt Warner
I assume you are referring to California and "fruits" being derogatory towards gays. If you ever get off the farm and have come to Iowa City to see a game, you are in one of the most gay friendly cities in the country. So, if you're that bigoted and worried about who other people love, keep your ass on the farm.
The State is full of loonies and lunatics, gay, not gay, don't give a rat's ass. Whack jobs everywhere, but you go ahead and be offended, or don't be offended. In other words, GFY.

gonna assume he was shooting more for “granola” than gay but just guessing.
Well I didn't coin the term, and the fact it's so easily recognizable to everybody pretty much speaks for itself, however one wants to interpret it. The Land of Fruits and Nuts. They earned it, they get to keep it.

ADVERTISEMENT