ADVERTISEMENT

Do You Put This Guy in Your NFL Lockeroom?

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007

NFL Prospect Doesn’t “Believe In Space Or Planets”​

March 1, 2024 Idiocracy, Sports

The Bleacher Report reports:
Texas Tech defensive back Tyler Owens is considered one of the fastest prospects in the 2024 NFL draft class, and some of his beliefs make him stand out from the rest of the pack even more.
While speaking to reporters at the NFL combine on Thursday, Owens revealed that he doesn’t “believe in space” or “other planets” and he subscribes to flat-earth theories that he believes are “interesting” and have “valid points.”

It’s probably the type of situation, where if he is significantly better than another player, he’ll stick around. But if he’s fighting for a position with a guy and they’re pretty equal, this would be the type of thing that would be a differentiator.

It is certainly a red flag.

"I used to believe in the heliocentric thing, like we used to revolve around the sun and stuff, but then I started seeing, like, flat-Earth stuff … it was kind of interesting," he said. "They started bringing up valid points. … I mean, I don’t know."
LOL maybe he’s playing dumb like a fox and if he’s got good times and a solid vertical jump he’ll be remembered as “that kid”.

Maybe the NFL should put him in touch with people who have been to space and people who have seen the very edge of the earth and have a conversation with them. Well, with one side of them because there are zero people on the other side...

In all honesty, though… It’s not just an intelligence thing. People like this are obviously easily deceived and prone to not be able to discern BS.

That can easily lead to things that can come back on the team. If they get caught in financial scandal, duped into illegal/immoral activity, extorted or otherwise.

"I used to believe in the heliocentric thing, like we used to revolve around the sun and stuff, but then I started seeing, like, flat-Earth stuff … it was kind of interesting," he said. "They started bringing up valid points. … I mean, I don’t know."
18765638_10211294836638281_8458313182976587612_n.jpg

In all honesty, though… It’s not just an intelligence thing. People like this are obviously easily deceived and prone to not be able to discern BS.

That can easily lead to things that can come back on the team. If they get caught in financial scandal, duped into illegal/immoral activity, extorted or otherwise.
I think some people believe being open-minded about everything is a positive quality. Close to the “I do my own research” and “I’m just asking questions” crowd.

Every single flat-earth argument can be debunked in about 10 seconds, most of them with a globe and a piece of string. He’s either playing everyone or he doesn’t actually care to look into it.

I think some people believe being open-minded about everything is a positive quality. Close to the “I do my own research” and “I’m just asking questions” crowd.
Being open minded is one thing, and a good thing. Being gullible and short on critical thinking skills is something quite different.

Reactions: drew_hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT