ADVERTISEMENT

Do you suffer from migraines?

I will say this:

If you want a doctor to write a note putting you out of work, try to find a liberal bleeding-heart doctor.

Conservative doctors don't play that game.

Por qué no los dos

🤫
why-not-both-por-que-no-los-dos.gif

I get ocular migraines. Lasts 15-20 minutes and takes over my vision, but no headache at all. The first time I got one I thought I was having a “flashback” to a tripping experience.

Something like this:

epileptic auras

Had one last year while moving snow. Made it to front steps before collapsing. Went away in 5 minutes. Made it to bed. I was home alone. I was lucky.

Reactions: Moral
I used to get them when I was young, but I either I grew out of them or I just learned to deal with them better.

Not a Kardashian fan but those that get migraines, I have one word for you: Nurtec

if you prefer an acronym, then: CGRP

you can thank me later

• Haha
Reactions: NCHawk5
Not a Kardashian fan but those that get migraines, I have one word for you: Nurtec

if you prefer an acronym, then: CGRP

you can thank me later

Ubrelvy. Neuro said insurance wasn't likely to approve both, so Ubrelvy it is.

I do not, but I have friends and relatives that do get them. I was fascinated by this show on NPR"s On Point last week. It seems like the treatment plan for decades was, "Lower your stress level and deal with it".
You can listen to the entire thing, but I was struck by the lack of research into the causes of migraines, and the new focus on treatments. Don't listen if you don't like to hear about Covid. There is tentative research that the virus exacerbates the symptoms for some, and can even cause new symptoms in people who have never had Covid.
https://www.wbur.org/onpoint/2022/05/06/the-science-of-headache-disorders
I’ve had 4 in the last week.

Migraines with auras all the time, but fortunately without the severe headaches. Weird out-of-body sensation for about 5 min, then the flashing zig zag lights that move to the periphery of my visual field (about 10-15 minutes) then complete loss of peripheral vision for another 15 min or so. I take Tylenol at the first sign and it helps dull the headache. Mine come in clusters - none for a week or two so then 3-4 over a couple days.
I'm pretty similar to this. Dehydration, caffeine, lack of sleep and stress all seem to play into it for me.

Reactions: JMNSHO and Wendy79
Ubrelvy. Neuro said insurance wasn't likely to approve both, so Ubrelvy it is.
Nurtec works faster for most people and more efficacious. If you get Ubrelvy, skip the 50mg, ask for the 100mg. If your pharmacist knows what he/she is doing, anyone, even MediCaid patients can get at least 8 free pills of Nurtec. Many Neurologist by the way don’t care for the anti-CGRPs since for the first time, there’s something in the market that could pose a threat to there Botox business ( for migraines of course)

I get ocular migraines. Lasts 15-20 minutes and takes over my vision, but no headache at all. The first time I got one I thought I was having a “flashback” to a tripping experience.

Something like this:
Thank you for posting that. That is exactly what I experienced a couple years ago. It came on while I was driving, and I drove straight to the ER. Well actually I pulled over at Walmart and no shit parked facing a woman in another car who I helped rehab from a stroke. I had worried that I was having a stroke, so I took it as a sign and went to the ER.

Several expensive tests and one Neurological consult later I learned that migraines are not necessarily always accompanied by pain. The video is almost exactly like what I saw, it took out 1/2 of my vision for several min.

I’ve had 2 migraines. Both were completely debilitating. Couldn’t keep anything down—so much vomiting I wound up in the hospital for dehydration. Dehydration got so bad I started having excruciating cramps in my legs.

There’s a big difference between a bad headache and a migraine. They’re f*cking legit. Hope I never have another one.

Migraines with auras all the time, but fortunately without the severe headaches. Weird out-of-body sensation for about 5 min, then the flashing zig zag lights that move to the periphery of my visual field (about 10-15 minutes) then complete loss of peripheral vision for another 15 min or so. I take Tylenol at the first sign and it helps dull the headache. Mine come in clusters - none for a week or two so then 3-4 over a couple days.
This. If I don’t take Tylenol migraine or 4 ibuprofen I will get an explosion from hell in my head.

The herb Feverfew as a tea is a homeopathic. Worked for several friends my wife has recommended it to so far.

I can try to find you a Dr. to get your head out of your ass

Look man, if you have a chronic condition then I feel really bad for you. Go on disability or something.

But DON'T try to hold on to your job if you're not going to reliably come to work! That's freaking selfish as hell!

First of all, you're screwing your employer and the employer's customers, and secondly, you're holding a job that someone else could take who can actually report for work every day!

Fvck me? Fvck you!

Come to work or move aside!

SERIOUS QUESTION:

Is there any sort of test that proves someone has chronic migraines?

Or can I just go to the doctor and say I have debilitating pain, light sensitivity, vomiting, etc., etc. randomly with no warning, and THAT gets me the golden ticket to call out of work whenever I want to claim I'm experiencing this with ZERO medical substantiation?

And the farked up FMLA law has my back on this?????

Really???????

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
SERIOUS QUESTION:

Is there any sort of test that proves someone has chronic migraines?

Or can I just go to the doctor and say I have debilitating pain, light sensitivity, vomiting, etc., etc. randomly with no warning, and THAT gets me the golden ticket to call out of work whenever I want to claim I'm experiencing this with ZERO medical substantiation?

And the farked up FMLA law has my back on this?????

Really???????
Jesus you’re a fuking asshole. No one has actually tasted anything you’ve cooked so there’s no proof you have any redeeming qualities at all.
I average about 8-10 migraines a month. I don’t miss work because of it. I take my meds and I suffer thru it. But if I had to work around you I’d call in sick as who could deal with the pain AND your bullshit?

my youngest daughter gets them about 4 times a year. It's bad. I feel really bad for her as she just goes to her room and cry's as it hurts her head so much.

ADVERTISEMENT