ADVERTISEMENT

Do you support Black Lives Matter?

Do you support Black Lives Matter?

• Yes. Since Day 1.

Votes: 44 23.0%
  • Yes. I didn’t before until George Floyd was killed.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • No. Never have.

Votes: 58 30.4%
  • No. I used to until the post George Floyd protests and riots.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • I agree with the idea but not their tactics.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • Other. I will explain.

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters
How do you know my story enough to say I benefited from generational wealth and power? That’s one mistake many commit assuming things about others they can’t possibly know.

I would say personal decisions are influenced by not dictated by environment. It’s still a personal choice, many have made the better choices. Yes, I support certain programs to a certain extent as long as people make the right choices and our progressing. It doesn’t have to be a life sentence.
You're right. I assumed you are white. My apologies.

The specific programs I cited, do you support them? What others do you support?

That's easy to say when you've benefitted from relative generational wealth and power through the years. Decades of redlining still has massive effects on opportunity. We don't just erase inequality by saying "we're all equal now".

Many personal decisions are dictated by your environment and the need for survival.

Are you supportive of universal healthcare, raising the minimum wage, or other programs that will aid the underprivileged?
You really need to drop the white guilt stuff. Maybe nobody told you, life isn't fair. Grow up, move on. Everyone needs to make the best of the cards they are dealt. Whining is for the weak.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT