ADVERTISEMENT

Do you support Black Lives Matter?

Do you support Black Lives Matter?

• Yes. Since Day 1.

Votes: 44 23.0%
  • Yes. I didn’t before until George Floyd was killed.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • No. Never have.

Votes: 58 30.4%
  • No. I used to until the post George Floyd protests and riots.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • I agree with the idea but not their tactics.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • Other. I will explain.

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters
I find the movement BLM to be offensive. as a white person I was not born racist and I will not accept fault or guilt for past racism.

I support good black people. I do not agree with defending black criminals who get killed. I also do not support killing criminals like derek chauvin did because of negligence or hate.

I support good police and hope we can find a way to eliminate the bad ones.

I find the movement BLM to be offensive. as a white person I was not born racist and I will not accept fault or guilt for past racism.

I support good black people. I do not agree with defending black criminals who get killed. I also do not support killing criminals like derek chauvin did because of negligence or hate.

I support good police and hope we can find a way to eliminate the bad ones.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

It's too dumb and messy for me to give it blanket support. I just don't feel the need to align with organization or movement; I operate at a more granular level. I've never been a team player and they're certainly not going to make me rethink this position.

I do agree with some of its aims; the ones I'd assume we all agree are the most important.

Offensive? We treated blacks like shit for 400 years and you find it offensive? Lol Jesus.
I have not been alive for 400 years, the is no "we" in this. I have not treated any black people like shit. My ancestors helped free the slaves. I have 2 relatives who lost their life doing so.

You can think what you want about me, but I am not the problem. We have teachers losing their jobs for trying to make kids think about the consequences of slavery. If it is so taboo that you can't even discuss slavery, how can we get past it.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Keep thinking you are better than everyone. I'm sure that will make things better for black people. You would rather bow down and say sorry rather than work through the tough questions to actually make things better. But as long as you feel good about yourself, that's all that matters.

Who doesn’t support a movement to end police brutality and violence against blacks? While you may not agree with the tactics, it’s unconscionable to not support the end goal.

Would you support one to end police brutality and violence against whites?

I have not been alive for 400 years, the is no "we" in this. I have not treated any black people like shit. My ancestors helped free the slaves. I have 2 relatives who lost their life doing so.

You can think what you want about me, but I am not the problem. We have teachers losing their jobs for trying to make kids think about the consequences of slavery. If it is so taboo that you can't even discuss slavery, how can we get past it.

We...meaning collective European American culture in the USA.

Its not taboo to discuss. Be honest about how they have been treated. We have a collective responsibility to do better. Why is it so hard to admit the sins of the nation?

I dont think two wrongs make a right, but I sympathize with their historical plight.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Would you support one to end police brutality and violence against whites?
Very few cases are straight up police brutality. in most cases the people who got shot either committed criminal acts or resisted arrest, and many times fought through non lethal attempts to subdue the person first.

I don't like what happened to George Floyd. But most cases are not like that.

Its not taboo to discuss. Be honest about how they have been treated. We have a collective responsibility to do better. Why is it so hard to admit the sins of the nation?

I dont think two wrongs make a right, but I sympathize with their historical plight.

"We" don't exist. There is no "history" or "america" in any of us -- sort of like the soul. (which also does not exist) It's only an interesting concept insomuch as it points to something tangible.

But maybe you're just talking about this in the generalized sense of "America has X problems, and I think we should care about X problems and try to fix X problems"

"We" don't exist. There is no "history" or "america" in any of us -- sort of like the soul. (which also does not exist) It's only an interesting concept insomuch as it points to something tangible.

But maybe you're just talking about this in the generalized sense of "America has X problems, and I think we should care about X problems and try to fix X problems"

Nihilist bullshit.

Offensive? We treated blacks like shit for 400 years and you find it offensive? Lol Jesus.

See here is the problem. We did terrible things to blacks in the last 400 years, but lets look at a large portion of human history.

1. Everyone seems to ignore the African component of the slave trade and chooses to focus on the the US slave holders.
2. Mongols- Killed between 30 and 60 million people during their 200 year reign of terror. That's calculated to be 11% of the worlds population.
3. Six million Jews were murdered by the Nazis.
4. Rwandans killed 1 million.
5. Japan on China in WWII- 2.7 million.
6. Ottoman empire kill 1 million Armenians
7. Ottoman's killed 500K Greeks.
8. Many of the white people in this country fled religious persecution in Europe.

Need I go on? That's a small sampling of a whole lot of genocide, ethnic cleansing, slavery, and subjugation. The truth is humans have been treating each other with pure evil for thousands of years. I don't know when we draw the line at ancient history and recent history. How much am I responsible for? When am I off the hook?

I think the term privilege really should be reframed in the form of empathy. Recognize when you're fortunate in life. Realize that you may have some advantages compared to others. We all don't start the race of life on the same line. Put another way, walk a mile in another man's shoes to have some appreciation for what you've been afforded and try to understand what others have not.

I have no issues with trying to break down systemic racism to make our country better. I would like to think that all Americans regardless of race, creed, sex, etc deserve a fair shake. Right now that system is broken and needs addressing because many aren't. Shine a light in the darkness and see what we can fix as a society and community.

All that being said, much of the black lives matter turns me off.
1. As a white male I can't have an opinion anymore due to cancel culture.
2. "Shut up and listen, it's not your time to talk."- This baffles me. We can't solve societal problems without conversation. Conversation yields understanding. Understanding yields empathy and compassion. This all yields solutions to problems.
3. Everything that happens to an AA can't be chalked up to racism. People need to step back and have some objectiveness to situations.
4. Reparations- This has to be dropped. I'm not willing to pay reparations for a crime that me and my ancestors didn't commit. Now if reparations are investing in inner city schools, improving inner city property, etc then you have me on board.
5. "We are tired. We aren't here to educate you. Educate yourself"- Again dialogue and understanding are paramount to change.

See here is the problem. We did terrible things to blacks in the last 400 years, but lets look at a large portion of human history.

1. Everyone seems to ignore the African component of the slave trade and chooses to focus on the the US slave holders.
2. Mongols- Killed between 30 and 60 million people during their 200 year reign of terror. That's calculated to be 11% of the worlds population.
3. Six million Jews were murdered by the Nazis.
4. Rwandans killed 1 million.
5. Japan on China in WWII- 2.7 million.
6. Ottoman empire kill 1 million Armenians
7. Ottoman's killed 500K Greeks.
8. Many of the white people in this country fled religious persecution in Europe.

Need I go on? That's a small sampling of a whole lot of genocide, ethnic cleansing, slavery, and subjugation. The truth is humans have been treating each other with pure evil for thousands of years. I don't know when we draw the line at ancient history and recent history. How much am I responsible for? When am I off the hook?

I think the term privilege really should be reframed in the form of empathy. Recognize when you're fortunate in life. Realize that you may have some advantages compared to others. We all don't start the race of life on the same line. Put another way, walk a mile in another man's shoes to have some appreciation for what you've been afforded and try to understand what others have not.

I have no issues with trying to break down systemic racism to make our country better. I would like to think that all Americans regardless of race, creed, sex, etc deserve a fair shake. Right now that system is broken and needs addressing because many aren't. Shine a light in the darkness and see what we can fix as a society and community.

All that being said, much of the black lives matter turns me off.
1. As a white male I can't have an opinion anymore due to cancel culture.
2. "Shut up and listen, it's not your time to talk."- This baffles me. We can't solve societal problems without conversation. Conversation yields understanding. Understanding yields empathy and compassion. This all yields solutions to problems.
3. Everything that happens to an AA can't be chalked up to racism. People need to step back and have some objectiveness to situations.
4. Reparations- This has to be dropped. I'm not willing to pay reparations for a crime that me and my ancestors didn't commit. Now if reparations are investing in inner city schools, improving inner city property, etc then you have me on board.
5. "We are tired. We aren't here to educate you. Educate yourself"- Again dialogue and understanding are paramount to change.

Whataboutism at its finest

How is this whataboutism? What urohawk said is spot on.

Please explain what me as a white male can do to fix racism?

Yes and blue lives can go f themselves.
tenor.gif

I can’t identify the organization from people using a slogan and being a rioter.
I don’t send BLM money nor do I give them credibility when speaking.
So I guess I don’t.

Reactions: NI hawk
ADVERTISEMENT