ADVERTISEMENT

Do you support spraying or tasing Restaurant Agitators?

At dinner a group surrounds your table and starts taking your food and silverware and threatens you.

• Pepper spray or tasers are perfectly acceptable in this moment

Votes: 49 69.0%
  • Just sit there and accept it. You're a racist. You deserve it.

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Stand your ground should be in effect if you are armed.

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Just leave or join their cause. They're trying to help our society.

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
What's the proper response for you and your family who's main crime is enjoying dinner?

What's the proper response for you and your family who's main crime is enjoying dinner?
The pepper spray and tazer is closest to my preferred option. Ultimately, I would prefer using a phaser set to kill and use it on them until they dematerialize. It would serve as a good deterrent for future boorish clowns interrupting my dining pleasure.:cool:

Ignore them. All they want is a response. And since my kids know that I support equality and justice for all, I would simply explain that I think these particular tactics are severely misguided.

Ignore them. All they want is a response. And since my kids know that I support equality and justice for all, I would simply explain that I think these particular tactics are severely misguided.

So, how do you ignore this?

Got a random idea- when a person walks into a place and isn’t compliant.. use automation for the non compliant: the employee sees the non compliant person(s) in the entry area and they can sound an alarm with an automated voice “you are non-complaint ... you are non-compliant”

I haven't seen one of these in person, so I always take the videos we see online/news with a grain of salt. We don't know if the videos were edited, what happened before someone started recording, etc.

The burden should always be on the restaurant in question though. Typically either remove the agitator from the restaurant and/or call the police if that's not feasible. Patrons should generally refrain from reacting imo unless they are directly threatened.

Reactions: ghost80
I'm definitely down for some mace or pepper spray. These people don't know me or my beliefs so to make some random assumption based on the fact we're white is...well...ironic. They had me at hello, so harassing me (and my family) is just going to piss me off.

Reactions: Chuck C
By the general public? Absolutely not

By law enforcement if they've been given lawful orders to disperse? Yes
If a large group walks over, starts shouting at you and your family then flips over you're table, what will you do? I'm pretty certain my wife would mace them.

Now, that said...I live in Texas, so I'd be willing to be my life I will NEVER encounter this, so it's all hypothetical conjecture.

You lika da peppa spray??

5dccd763bff66e83d51cfbf8f88dd04f.jpg

I haven't seen one of these in person, so I always take the videos we see online/news with a grain of salt. We don't know if the videos were edited, what happened before someone started recording, etc.

The burden should always be on the restaurant in question though. Typically either remove the agitator from the restaurant and/or call the police if that's not feasible. Patrons should generally refrain from reacting imo unless they are directly threatened.

Edited video?
It’s a BLM march with 100s of people going past restaurants that are forced to only allow outside dining due to Covid. A couple dozen people peel off from the march and tear up the outdoor dining area. They yell thru a microphone “you’re on stolen land” and toss tables. The restaurant doesn’t carry the burden. The diners don’t carry the burden. The burden is on the 95% of BLM protestors that allow the 5% of agitators act like fools. Either the 95% feel the 5% is just or they are cowards.

Edited video?
It’s a BLM march with 100s of people going past restaurants that are forced to only allow outside dining due to Covid. A couple dozen people peel off from the march and tear up the outdoor dining area. They yell thru a microphone “you’re on stolen land” and toss tables. The restaurant doesn’t carry the burden. The diners don’t carry the burden. The burden is on the 95% of BLM protestors that allow the 5% of agitators act like fools. Either the 95% feel the 5% is just or they are cowards.

Not referring to this one specifically, but others that have been circulated have been edited, or at least didn't show the entire series of events.

The restaurant agitators piss me off. But it's like #1,154 on a list of issues that concern me. But for a lot of people on here, it seems to #1.

1. Restaurant agitators
2. Bident gaffes
2291. Raised spending and reduced taxes = the first time since WW2 deficient will be higher than GDP..ehh

BTW - I voted for pepper spray.

Reactions: ping72
Restaurants should post whatever legal notice is required by their community and have protesters arrested for trespassing if they bother diners.

Or hire bouncers.

Pepper spray would be a great idea if it could be confined to the offending person. It's not practical.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
Yeah...keeping your head down and ignoring them. They will take very kindly to that.
I've got too much at stake to risk losing it all by engaging with these types of people. But go ahead and pepper spray them. I'm sure they will take very kindly to that as well.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
Got a random idea- when a person walks into a place and isn’t compliant.. use automation for the non compliant: the employee sees the non compliant person(s) in the entry area and they can sound an alarm with an automated voice “you are non-complaint ... you are non-compliant”

0c3e077f-401e-4874-b019-219e4ac5443e_text.gif

Reactions: TDJ7
I'll say it again...I'd stand up and start a chant, "I want to eat!! I want to eat!!"

IDGAF about any of this. There's way too many stupid people in the world, maybe we should let them take each other out. A less crowded world would be nice.

Depends if I have finished or mostly finished my meal, because if the restaurant refuses to do anything I would dine and dash. If I’m really hungry and haven’t gotten my food yet I would ignore them. Either way I’m not paying for the meal.

If you own the restaurant you have a responsibility to your guests.

Ignore and continue eating if they are just screaming and you have space to eat. If not enough space exists, then request the space. If they fail to comply, call the police and of course if they are making physical contact use the force required to defend yourself, which would likely mean non lethal force.

Being a former long time restaurant/bar veteran - people in these establishments causing any type of commotion want attention above all.

Don't give it to them. Ignore them completely. In no fashion show to them they are disrupting your meal.

It takes a lot of discipline to do this...but it shuts them down every time.

Reactions: hawkcub
I think I might be kind of happy if they showed up while I was eating. I’m assuming saying that you feared for your life is a pretty good reason to take off running down the street without paying your bill.

Reactions: jasonrann
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT