ADVERTISEMENT

Do you take precautions every time you know you're exposed to COVID?

Do you take precautions every time you know you're exposed to COVID?

• Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Depends (explain in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
Our son has been exposed to COVID at least 7 times to our knowledge and now he's been exposed again (Wed to his Grandmother). He's never tested positive via PCR or Rapid test and has never been symptomatic. We were at meet the teacher last night and it was elbows to assholes and who knows how many people were positive there and we just didn't know.

Regardless, we took our son to the doctor (again) and this time he told us to stop bringing him unless he's symptomatic and not to worry about it he's probably fine based on his history. So, should we lock him down (no dojo tonight, family boating event tomorrow, etc.) or tell people he was exposed and cause undo judging and fear.

I'm at the point if we're not feeling symptoms, just live life.

Note: This is my MIL's 2nd bout w/ COVID and she's 2x boosted.

Our son has been exposed to COVID at least 7 times to our knowledge and now he's been exposed again (Wed to his Grandmother). He's never tested positive via PCR or Rapid test and has never been symptomatic. We were at meet the teacher last night and it was elbows to assholes and who knows how many people were positive there and we just didn't know.

Regardless, we took our son to the doctor (again) and this time he told us to stop bringing him unless he's symptomatic and not to worry about it he's probably fine based on his history. So, should we lock him down (no dojo tonight, family boating event tomorrow, etc.) or tell people he was exposed and cause undo judging and fear.

I'm at the point if we're not feeling symptoms, just live life.

Note: This is my MIL's 2nd bout w/ COVID and she's 2x boosted.
Just live life. The alternative is to hide under your bed forever.

Didn’t the CDC just announce to go about your life (no isolation/quarantine) unless you have symptoms?
  • Recommending that instead of quarantining if you were exposed to COVID-19, you wear a high-quality mask for 10 days and get tested on day 5.

We've had a positive case in our house now on two separate occasions, and the other family members did not catch it. Despite doing almost no quarantining or wearing any masks in the house.
You don't need to worry about it. You'll get it or you won't. You really can't control it.

I don't think I've ever been contact traced to a known positive person in their communicable window, except when Mrs. Tradition got it (and I didn't get it then, either).

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT