ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think he will respond?

Email I sent to our beloved AD. I’m tired of this sh!t- he didn’t impress me when I was there, and far less even now.

Gary,

You and I have met a few times. In fact, I worked for the university of Iowa, I bleed black and gold, I grew up in Iowa, and now raise the next Hawkeye generation.

Kirk said it best, “we are in the entertainment industry.” To put bluntly, This product on the field is a national joke and has lacked entertainment value for a while. What makes it worse is no one seems to care. I know the culture within the Iowa athletic department, everyone has been complacent in their jobs for over 20 years. I put you in the camp!

Who’s job is it to ensure a quality program for the prices you are charging? Who’s job is it to hold the coaching staff accountable? Our family will not be attending anymore games until change is made. I don’t think you fully grasp how bad this offense has become. Either Kirk is too stubborn to change or Brian is too incompetent to be the OC. Either way that change starts with you. How far do we have to fall before you recognize a change needs to occur? We have 6 offensive TDs through 6 games!! Texas just scored 7 TDs last week! This offense is so bad and predictable that Ray Charles can see the next play, and the next one. It’s embarrassing that Kirk rides off the coattails of a 10-win season last year. If not for an easy schedule and a solid defense it would've been 6-6. Read the article below, that every Hawkeye fan relates to, and tell me we are not a national joke in college football? I’m not sure if you have the testicle fortitude to make a change, feel free to borrow mine.

I can promise you fewer fans will be showing up, season renewals will drastically decrease, 10-12 players will enter the portal, recruits have already decommitted, any Kirk’s answer will be, “we won 10 games two years ago.” College football programs are the front porch to the university. When student enrollment dips, I will love to hear your argument. Especially as the AD that signed the worst extension in college football, to a 70 year old coach that no one would hire away given his age.

I love Kirk, I love what he did for the program, but his best years are in the rear view mirror. Brian is in over his head, Ray Charles can also see that. Iowa players and Iowa fans deserve better than this and you are to blame! Coaches have been fired for less yet you celebrate and reward mediocrity.

Disappointed Hawkeye Ambassador

https://hawkeyeswire.usatoday.com/2022/10/09/im-tired-of-watching-iowa-hawkeyes-football/
You only have 1 testicle?

Email I sent to our beloved AD. I’m tired of this sh!t- he didn’t impress me when I was there, and far less even now.

Gary,

You and I have met a few times. In fact, I worked for the university of Iowa, I bleed black and gold, I grew up in Iowa, and now raise the next Hawkeye generation.

Kirk said it best, “we are in the entertainment industry.” To put bluntly, This product on the field is a national joke and has lacked entertainment value for a while. What makes it worse is no one seems to care. I know the culture within the Iowa athletic department, everyone has been complacent in their jobs for over 20 years. I put you in the camp!

Who’s job is it to ensure a quality program for the prices you are charging? Who’s job is it to hold the coaching staff accountable? Our family will not be attending anymore games until change is made. I don’t think you fully grasp how bad this offense has become. Either Kirk is too stubborn to change or Brian is too incompetent to be the OC. Either way that change starts with you. How far do we have to fall before you recognize a change needs to occur? We have 6 offensive TDs through 6 games!! Texas just scored 7 TDs last week! This offense is so bad and predictable that Ray Charles can see the next play, and the next one. It’s embarrassing that Kirk rides off the coattails of a 10-win season last year. If not for an easy schedule and a solid defense it would've been 6-6. Read the article below, that every Hawkeye fan relates to, and tell me we are not a national joke in college football? I’m not sure if you have the testicle fortitude to make a change, feel free to borrow mine.

I can promise you fewer fans will be showing up, season renewals will drastically decrease, 10-12 players will enter the portal, recruits have already decommitted, any Kirk’s answer will be, “we won 10 games two years ago.” College football programs are the front porch to the university. When student enrollment dips, I will love to hear your argument. Especially as the AD that signed the worst extension in college football, to a 70 year old coach that no one would hire away given his age.

I love Kirk, I love what he did for the program, but his best years are in the rear view mirror. Brian is in over his head, Ray Charles can also see that. Iowa players and Iowa fans deserve better than this and you are to blame! Coaches have been fired for less yet you celebrate and reward mediocrity.

https://hawkeyeswire.usatoday.com/2022/10/09/im-tired-of-watching-iowa-hawkeyes-football/
At this point who gives a sh!t!! Send it!!!

Yikes.

His assistant stopped reading at "I put you in the camp."

Accusatory tone plus grammatical errors, and it's no longer worth the effort.

You were dismissed.

Gary,

How many other love letters have you written him over the years?

Agreed. There will be no response unless it is one of those form letters thanking the Disappointed Ambassador for his interest in Hawkeye athletics.

If the OP were really interested in getting a response, he would show more respect even while being critical. For starters, open the letter with "Dear Mr. Barta." A disrespectful letter doesn't deserve a response. It deserves to go in the shredder.
Maybe since Gary is Brian's boss he will order Brian to respond to these.

Sorry if I triggered you, I guess the offense and lack of decision making gets a pass.

So you’ll watch this train wreck, bitch in the website, But criticizing a letter is where you draw the line? Got it. I’m happy to read what you wrote.
What you don’t understand is that I worked with the man, I know him, I’ve seen where he excels and flashes brilliance. I’ve also witnessed scenarios where I’m scratching my head, I know the department and the lack of envolvement. the reality is the fans have carried this brand for a long time. I was a Hawkeye before Kirk arrived, will be after. Wearing black and gold and putting up the flag has nothing to do with Ferentz or Barta.
Gar will say Graduate and Do It Right or whatever that slogan was.

Gary,

Are you Jane whatsherface that sued him and won?

Sorry if I triggered you, I guess the offense and lack of decision making gets a pass.

So you’ll watch this train wreck, bitch in the website, But criticizing a letter is where you draw the line? Got it. I’m happy to read what you wrote.
What you don’t understand is that I worked with the man, I know him, I’ve seen where he excels and flashes brilliance. I’ve also witnessed scenarios where I’m scratching my head, I know the department and the lack of envolvement. the reality is the fans have carried this brand for a long time. I was a Hawkeye before Kirk arrived, will be after. Wearing black and gold and putting up the flag has nothing to do with Ferentz or Barta.
Whose triggered?

Reactions: HungryHawk

Gary,

You really should have sent a "Offensive Coordinators for Dummies" book with your letter in the mail.

"Dear Hawkeye Fan,
Thank you for your kind letter. I will ask my boss, Mr. Ferentz, if I can address your issues any further. Please don't hold your breath, but do sign up for the renewal of your season tickets.
Sincerely,
Your Friend, Gary

You really should have sent a "Offensive Coordinators for Dummies" book with your letter in the mail.
a677169307ec551b80eac8626872b686afaf6aac.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: pistachio1999

Gary,

You left no doubt as to whether you are arrogant.

Gary,

No

Gary,

Bravo,very well said.

Reactions: TNHAWK79
ADVERTISEMENT