ADVERTISEMENT

Do you wear corrective eyelenses?

Do you require corrective vision measures?

• No, I have 20/20 vision.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • No, I don't have 20/20 vision but I don't do anything to correct it.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Yes, I wear glasses, but only for certain tasks.

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Yes, I wear glasses all the time.

Votes: 36 36.4%
  • Yes, I wear contact lenses.

Votes: 28 28.3%
  • I had corrective eye surgery.

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
Keysmart-FogBlock-Anti-Fog-Spray-for-Glasses.jpg

Is there any chance in hell that stuff actually works? I come from a long line of snake oil salesman and this looks like someone could haven taken some other generic placebo saline spray miracle cure and printed new labels and sold out at $10/pop and shut down before anyone got their mail returned and calls not answered.

Is there any chance in hell that stuff actually works? I come from a long line of snake oil salesman and this looks like someone could haven taken some other generic placebo saline spray miracle cure and printed new labels and sold out at $10/pop and shut down before anyone got their mail returned and calls not answered.

LOL no, it does indeed work.

Trifocals. I can see without them, just not very clear is all.

From roughly age 40 to age 54 when I stopped staring at a computer for 10 hours a day (little over 5 years ago), every 2 years I needed a new prescription. They've mostly stabilized ever since until the pandemic hit. Mask wearing I believe is the issue, have to tuck the mask under the glass frames to inhibit fogging, moving them just enough away from my eyes to change focus.

Every waking moment of every day I need to wear glasses. Can't read without them, and at distances my eyes see things unevenly vertically. Take my glasses off at night, I see stoplights one slightly on top of the other - my glasses correct for that thankfully but I still try to not drive much at night.

I’m 38, have perfect eyesight and a full head of hair. When does everything start going downhill?

wearing a mask with glasses, just have to leave the nose open and know that you are getting ridiculed

I never understood the attraction of contact lenses.

I find that my entire field of vision is more crisp wearing contacts, but I wear glasses most often.
But if I'm doing things outside when it's sunny I'd rather have contacts and regular sunglasses.
Going out on a boat or something I don't want to worry about prescription glasses ending up in the drink, not to mention I haven't seen a snorkel mask that would work with glasses (gotta be out there, right?)

I've found transitions sunglasses not as convenient, especially behind a UV light blocking windshield.

I do find that my eyes get 'tired' of contacts by around 9PM and I'll ditch them or my eyes will start gumming up.

Still too scared to try surgery.
Got my glasses in 8th grade (same year I had to live in Iowa - not the favorite year of my childhood).
That took fighter pilot off the career list, and I haven't figured out what to do when I grow up since.

I was hoping by now they'd have some decent implant replacements that would let you see in IR, etc.

Reactions: The Tradition
wearing a mask with glasses, just have to leave the nose open and know that you are getting ridiculed

That's just a sign that the fit on your mask is terrible.
Use something that allows you to conform the shape on your nose and the air will quit escaping that way.

Reactions: Bank of Hawk
I never understood the attraction of contact lenses.

So, I'm supposed to stick this thing in my eye that can cause a horrible infection if I don't clean it properly? Just so I don't have to wear glasses?

Really?
Yes really and their not that hard to clean correctly.

I find that my entire field of vision is more crisp wearing contacts, but I wear glasses most often.
But if I'm doing things outside when it's sunny I'd rather have contacts and regular sunglasses.
Going out on a boat or something I don't want to worry about prescription glasses ending up in the drink, not to mention I haven't seen a snorkel mask that would work with glasses (gotta be out there, right?)

I've found transitions sunglasses not as convenient, especially behind a UV light blocking windshield.

I do find that my eyes get 'tired' of contacts by around 9PM and I'll ditch them or my eyes will start gumming up.

Still too scared to try surgery.
Got my glasses in 8th grade (same year I had to live in Iowa - not the favorite year of my childhood).
That took fighter pilot off the career list, and I haven't figured out what to do when I grow up since.

I was hoping by now they'd have some decent implant replacements that would let you see in IR, etc.
They sell masks with prescription lenses in them now on Amazon. Pretty cheap too. I bought one for my last trip to Hawaii so I didn’t need to bring any contacts. Worked great.

I'm 33. my eyes don't need the crutch of glasses. I haven't had an eye exam in years but last I knew it was 20/15.

Sorry for y'all wusses with weak eyes. Y'alls eyes need to work harder.

• Haha
Reactions: The Tradition
I'm 33. my eyes don't need the crutch of glasses. I haven't had an eye exam in years but last I knew it was 20/15.

Sorry for y'all wusses with weak eyes. Y'alls eyes need to work harder.

Oh, this post is going to bite you in the ass when you get older...

Paging Karma!

Reactions: cfbfan23
I used to have one eye with 20/15 vision and the other with 20/120 vision, but I hated wearing contacts so I just kind of learned to live with it. My good eye started gradually getting worse, but I never really noticed it until one day I was driving on the interstate without GPS and couldn’t read the exit sign I needed until I was driving past it. So now I wear contacts - one eye at -1.5, and the other at -4.5.

Started wearing contacts in 10th grade. Near-sightedness. My eyes just kept getting worse until about 10 years ago. I’ve been at-5.5 for quite a while. I wear glasses when I don’t have my contacts on, but hate wearing them outside if it’s sunny. Much prefer contacts with good regular sunglasses. I am too scared to do the surgery......it’s probably too late anyhow (48).

I don’t need reading glasses, so I got that going for me.

My eyes have gone to total crap in the last couple years.

I’m 53

I wear contacts.

I wear reading glasses with the contacts to...read.

I wear lesser strength reading glasses to read a computer screen.

I misplace said reading glasses on a daily basis.

I’ve bought a half dozen said reading glasses and strategically placed them so when I misplace one I have a back up.

GETTING OLD ****ING SUCKS!!!!

I’m kind of ambivalent on the subject though
I've had cataract surgery and it changed my life It has taken a while to adjust to being able to see at distance and less so nearby "like my phone screen"

I am 40 and was wearing contacts since I was 8. Got lasik done a few months ago and it has been life changing. Highly recommend if you are eligible. Was in and out of surgery in 10 mins. Absolutely painless.

I am 40 and was wearing contacts since I was 8. Got lasik done a few months ago and it has been life changing. Highly recommend if you are eligible. Was in and out of surgery in 10 mins. Absolutely painless.

I looked at the pricing for it online for the first time in years last night after reading this thread. It looks like the pricing hasn't changed much but it looks a lot more affordable now than when I had graduated. And unless there are issues, it would last until normal eye aging in my 40s where I'd just need readers but could still drive fine. I would drive better on a sedative dose of ketamine than I would sober without glasses or contacts right now.

Reactions: kkhawk
I looked at the pricing for it online for the first time in years last night after reading this thread. It looks like the pricing hasn't changed much but it looks a lot more affordable now than when I had graduated. And unless there are issues, it would last until normal eye aging in my 40s where I'd just need readers but could still drive fine. I would drive better on a sedative dose of ketamine than I would sober without glasses or contacts right now.

I paid 4200 for both eyes. That was about 1000 off with a VSP discount. With the surgery I had, they mentioned I might not need cheaters ever....just because the techniques have advanced so much.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT