ADVERTISEMENT

Doctors in Alabama Already Turn Away Miscarrying Patients. This Will Be America’s New Normal.

These have no relevance for the abortion debate.
They most certainly do, when legislation being passed will absolutely enable an overzealous AG to prosecute a woman over "losing a fetus" to even "natural/spontaneous abortion".

Which has already been noted for you occurs in >1/3 of pregnancies.

No, and I realize this is very nuanced. But I do not consider them to be humans.
re: in vitro fertilization

This is the most utterly bizarre statement I've read anywhere on this subject.

A female egg from a human woman is successfully fertilized by semen from a human male. Human conception is accomplished. The human egg begins to divide and grow in a natural manner for a certain period of time. The living fertilized human egg is then frozen for future implant, pregnancy, and human birth.

To claim that the frozen fertilized egg conceived by two humans is not human is just plain crazy !!

I did not say that.

What I did say in regards to post-birth public support was, “In general, yes. To an infinite degree by a country already $30 Trillion in debt, no.”
I would say that if you are wanting the government to force someone to bring a pregnancy to full term who cannot financially care for or doesn’t have support of friends and family to help care for a child they do not want, then that same government should definitely be willing to step in to an infinite degree to help care for that child.

I would say that if you are wanting the government to force someone to bring a pregnancy to full term who cannot financially care for or doesn’t have support of friends and family to help care for a child they do not want, then that same government should definitely be willing to step in to an infinite degree to help care for that child.

Resources are limited, not infinite.

Reactions: NCHawk5
re: in vitro fertilization

This is the most utterly bizarre statement I've read anywhere on this subject.

A female egg from a human woman is successfully fertilized by semen from a human male. Human conception is accomplished. The human egg begins to divide and grow in a natural manner for a certain period of time. The living fertilized human egg is then frozen for future implant, pregnancy, and human birth.

To claim that the frozen fertilized egg conceived by two humans is not human is just plain crazy !!

Isn’t it typically, like, 15 eggs, with the intention of implanting 1 or 2, then trying again with others if first try fails?

This might be the nuance needed: No intent to create 15 babies, just 1 .

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
so you think someone who also has limited resources should be forced by the government to bring a pregnancy to term?

And as i said before, “limited resources” never stops the money from flowing for corporate bailouts/handouts, defense contractors or israel…..only when the discussion turns to have those resources going to the people….then they supposedly dry up.

Isn’t it typically, like, 15 eggs, with the intention of implanting 1 or 2, then trying again with others if first try fails?

You clamed the IVF eggs - whether its 15, 50, or some other number - are not human!

Reactions: fsu1jreed

So if none are created, that’s one homicide, right?

If the rich people pushing the pro-life agenda want all those babies, then they can ante up a 1% wealth tax, which would essentially provide "ample" (not infinite, but close enough) resources to support and raise them.

so you think someone who also has limited resources should be forced by the government to bring a pregnancy to term?

And as i said before, “limited resources” never stops the money from flowing for corporate bailouts/handouts, defense contractors or israel…..only when the discussion turns to have those resources going to the people….then they supposedly dry up.

Oh, come on, we spend over a trillion dollars every year on social services.

Also, I am not anti-choice only for the poor.

• Haha

Why does intent matter though? People have sex with no intent to have a baby but you are against them having an abortion.

Why does intent matter though? People have sex with no intent to have a baby but you are against them having an abortion.
Wut?

Atheists CANNOT allow people to have sex for the sake of "fun". It *must* be with the intent of having a baby!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: NCHawk5

Again, nuanced and messy…

The intent of creating 15 in vitro fertilized eggs is to create one person, not 15.

Perhaps no intent for two randoms having sex, but they’d better be willing to accept the pregnancy. There is no requirement to have sex.

• Haha
Again, nuanced and messy…

The intent of creating 15 in vitro fertilized eggs is to create one person, not 15.

Perhaps no intent for two randoms having sex, but they’d better be willing to accept the pregnancy. There is no requirement to have sex.
Yeah but you are also against it in rape.

Seems like if you want to stay consistent you need to be against in vitro.

No, I did not. I just say they can be considered abortable.
Your prior statement on IVF fertilized eggs was unambiguous.

Your stated:

"I do not consider them to be humans."

That is an exact quote from your post on the subject from earlier in this thread. THERE IS NO NUANCE IN THAT STATEMENT.

I understand that you have to twist reality in order to fit your belief system on abortions but then you compound that by falsely claiming you never made the statement in the first place.

You're a fvcking idiot.

Your prior statement on IVF fertilized eggs was unambiguous.

Your stated:

"I do not consider them to be humans."

That is an exact quote from your post on the subject from earlier in this thread. THERE IS NO NUANCE IN THAT STATEMENT.

I understand that you have to twist reality in order to fit your belief system on abortions but then you compound that by falsely claiming you never made the statement in the first place.

You're a fvcking idiot.

Okay, I will not run away from what I apparently said earlier.

I guess what I should really say is, “Human or not, I consider fertilized eggs in vitro to be abortable”.

I want the law to recognize the nuances of all this.
The law isn't recognizing the "nuances"

It's why women with legitimate prescriptions for miscarriage drugs (the same ones used for abortions) are being turned away from pharmacies for their meds. For things like "ectopic pregnancies", that they'll die from if they cannot get them from somewhere else. And, yes, this is happening at Big Box places in Texas, like WalMart. And care providers aren't wanting to intervene, due to the law that SCOTUS allowed to stand in place allowing them to be sued by "anyone".

When Roe is overturned, you're going to see lots of cases where women die or become seriously ill/hospitalized, because they were denied standard of care due to a slew of poorly written laws.

The law isn't recognizing the "nuances"

It's why women with legitimate prescriptions for miscarriage drugs (the same ones used for abortions) are being turned away from pharmacies for their meds. For things like "ectopic pregnancies", that they'll die from if they cannot get them from somewhere else. And, yes, this is happening at Big Box places in Texas, like WalMart. And care providers aren't wanting to intervene, due to the law that SCOTUS allowed to stand in place allowing them to be sued by "anyone".

When Roe is overturned, you're going to see lots of cases where women die or become seriously ill/hospitalized, because they were denied standard of care due to a slew of poorly written laws.

This is shameful if true. I agree.

It does not mean, however, that therefore all abortions should be allowed.

This is shameful if true. I agree.

It does not mean, however, that therefore all abortions should be allowed.

A very very small minority of abortion rights advocates make this claim.
They instead want unlimited rights during the 1st and 2nd trimesters, which is completely reasonable and consistent with Standard of Care.

Okay, I will not run away from what I apparently said earlier.

I guess what I should really say is, “Human or not, I consider fertilized eggs in vitro to be abortable”.
IDK a lemur could develop or maybe even a lizard, we just don't know for sure. Hopefully, scientists will some future day find the answer LOL. You're something else.

IDK a lemur could develop or maybe even a lizard, we just don't know for sure. Hopefully, scientists will some future day find the answer LOL. You're something else.

No, I meant “whether we consider the fertilized eggs legally protected as humans or not…”.

You knew that, right?

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT