ADVERTISEMENT

Doctors in Alabama Already Turn Away Miscarrying Patients. This Will Be America’s New Normal.

My wife had two miscarriages. They were extremely painful experiences for both of us, but I only had the emotional pain. I cannot imagine a world where a woman who desperately wants a child is denied care or criminally investigated for naturally miscarrying. This is dangerous law.

No they aren't. They're still going to allow the murder of their unborn children.

jRvyPa.gif

My wife had two miscarriages. They were extremely painful experiences for both of us, but I only had the emotional pain. I cannot imagine a world where a woman who desperately wants a child is denied care or criminally investigated for naturally miscarrying. This is dangerous law.
This is the theocratic christian conservative government of laws we are destined to for the foreseeable future.

A quick science lesson for the idiots — a miscarriage doesn’t always pass normally. In some of these instances, a D&C (abortion) has to be done.

Just one of the many reasons why an abortion ban would be a disaster.

As a conservative Christian I have gave my opinion on abortions here many times, but I am also a nurse. These examples cited in this article are just plain wrong. These patients would have an easy lawsuit against those medical providers, especially the ones that went to the ER for lack of care provided. (EMTALA). I had to give methotrexate to a patient in the ER early in my career for an ectopic pregnancy. I don't feel like I did anything wrong. The pregnancy wouldn't survive and the mom's life was at risk. Common sense says that miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies should not be legislated, but alas we live in the United States in the year 2022

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
As a conservative Christian I have gave my opinion on abortions here many times, but I am also a nurse. These examples cited in this article are just plain wrong. These patients would have an easy lawsuit against those medical providers
That still doesn't get them the medical care they need.

And the delay in "filing a lawsuit" will move their pregnancies past the timelines they can still get a legal abortion.

Of course, you know this, but you'll ignore it.

States will set their own limits and those limits will reflect the majority view of their voters,.. People will get what they vote for and if they're not happy with the result they can push for change within their legislature or move somewhere that better suits their preferences...

States will set their own limits and those limits will reflect the majority view of their voters,.. People will get what they vote for and if they're not happy with the result they can push to change their legislature or move somewhere that better suits their preferences...

Except the ones that cannot "move somewhere that better suits their preferences". Because moving isn't as easy as you want to claim it is.

Except the ones that cannot "move somewhere that better suits their preferences". Because moving isn't as easy as you want to claim it is.
its been enlightening over the past couple years to have the “small government” republicans exposed. I already knew they were not about personal freedom but the whole “small government” schtick perplexed me.

They don’t want small government. If they did, they would be fine with people making choices that are best for them (on any number of issues and not just abortion) and not want that big government power shifted to the states.

I had to give methotrexate to a patient in the ER early in my career for an ectopic pregnancy. I don't feel like I did anything wrong. The pregnancy wouldn't survive and the mom's life was at risk. Common sense says that miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies should not be legislated, but alas we live in the United States in the year 2022

That could have you tried for murder now or in the near future. Let that sink in. This is nucking futs!!

As a conservative Christian I have gave my opinion on abortions here many times, but I am also a nurse. These examples cited in this article are just plain wrong. These patients would have an easy lawsuit against those medical providers, especially the ones that went to the ER for lack of care provided. (EMTALA). I had to give methotrexate to a patient in the ER early in my career for an ectopic pregnancy. I don't feel like I did anything wrong. The pregnancy wouldn't survive and the mom's life was at risk. Common sense says that miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies should not be legislated, but alas we live in the United States in the year 2022
How long before states pass laws giving immunity for lawsuits when a healthcare provider refuses to abort a fetus because of religious reasons? In fact, I think some states do that very thing. Sorry, you’re going
To have to be transferred 200 miles away because our staff won’t terminate your ectopic pregnancy.

that’s the environment the right to life folks want.

How long before states pass laws giving immunity for lawsuits when a healthcare provider refuses to abort a fetus because of religious reasons? In fact, I think some states do that very thing. Sorry, you’re going
To have to be transferred 200 miles away because our staff won’t terminate your ectopic pregnancy.

that’s the environment the right to life folks want.
Well there is a lot of right to life people such as myself that understand the nuances of a miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy vs an elective abortion, so please don't lump us all together

What legal precedent will the courts use to justify punishing a healthcare worker or a pregnant woman who is in the middle of a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy?
If the states legislate any termination as murder (and several are working on it) then you are accessory. All the court has to do is decide not to take up the case as its majority is happy not opening the abortion can again. Meanwhile you sit in jail until the court changes balance in another decade or three.

ADVERTISEMENT