ADVERTISEMENT

Does a celebrities opinion mean more to you than any other stranger?

I'm not talking about qualified people from the specific field of study I'm talking about "Jim Carey" or "Oprah" as an example.

Like why do I care what they think over some asshat at a bar?

Do you put more value on a celebrities endorsement or opinion?
No freaking way. Just sing or act and STFU … Love DeNiro - but stick to acting …

Most celebs I discount MORE than random strangers. Aspiring to be an influential celebrity is inherently narcissistic and for me that means their opinions will be highly skewed to align to their own worldview with themselves at the center. I just don’t give a shit.

There are some few that are exceptions. Be it through the quality of their arguments (e.g. Jon Stewart) or the eloquence of their speech (e.g. the late great Muhammad Ali) where I do listen. I may not agree, but I respect their opinions.

No freaking way. Just sing or act and STFU … Love DeNiro - but stick to acting …
Why do they need to STFU? They're people, they aren't entitled to voice their opinions just because they are celebrities? Listen, I don't think that people should give any more reverence to celebrity opinions than anyone else's opinions. But I also don't understand people who think celebrities should shut up and not voice their opinions. They're Americans, its their right. No one is required to listen to them.

No one tells you to STFU and just stick to designing non-nutritive, semi-permiable cereal varnishes.

Last edited:
I would trust Willie Nelson’s opinion on song writing or weed, but that’s about it.
I think the price of fame should be keeping your mouth shut on topics that don’t relate to why you’re famous.
That’s how it was until a coke-addled Marlon Brando decided to get political at the Oscars. Since then, every wanna be star thinks it’s their responsibility to save the world.

south-park-eric-cartman-hell-no-g6vjlorlhmfj631w.gif

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Why do they need to STFU? They're people, they aren't entitled to voice their opinions just because they are celebrities? Listen, I don't think that people should give any more reverence to celebrity opinions than anyone else's opinions. But I also don't understand people who think celebrities should shut up and not voice their opinions. They're Americans, its their right. No one is required to listen to them.

No one tells you to STFU and just stick to designing non-nutritive, semi-permiable cereal varnishes.
If they are entitled to their opinion, which I agree they are. Isn't this guy also entitled to his opinion that he thinks they should STFU? Not saying I agree with him that they should, but telling someone to not have an opinion about others having an opinion seems a little strange.

If they are entitled to their opinion, which I agree they are. Isn't this guy also entitled to his opinion that he thinks they should STFU? Not saying I agree with him that they should, but telling someone to not have an opinion about others having an opinion seems a little strange.
If celebrities are entitled to their opinion, and Rusty's Dad is entitled to his opinion that they should STFU, then isn't WSC also entitled to his opinion that celebrities are people and entitled to voice their opinion? And so on, and so on, and so on... :)

Reactions: beanerhawk
No, not as individuals.

Yes, because their opinions do have impact because lots of dumbasses in this country take them as gospel

I'm not talking about qualified people from the specific field of study I'm talking about "Jim Carey" or "Oprah" as an example.

Like why do I care what they think over some asshat at a bar?

Do you put more value on a celebrities endorsement or opinion?
Trump is an asshat and a celebrity so I'd say their opinion depends on the intellect of the person. Trump is a moron.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
But it's totally different with Donald Trump.
The amount of hypocrisy from the right is perplexing. State charges are the result of the DOJ. Their cult leader was on a reality TV show where he fired people. Now Democrats worship famous people. You can't make this stuff up.

Trump gets convicted and his numbers go up and up ...through the roof. Poll numbers are way better... maybe maybe you liberals should screw around and fake convict him again.

• Haha
Far less but unfortunately many ill informed celebrity worshippers greatly do. Most of them are dumb as a box of rocks and live in a way .00001% of the human population never will. They aren't people to be taken seriously.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT