ADVERTISEMENT

Does anybody really think we need 5,000 troops at the border?

Do we really need troops at the borders of foreign countries and not our own? Why do we protect others but not ourselves?

Do we really need troops at the borders of foreign countries and not our own? Why do we protect others but not ourselves?

The military is designed and trained to "kill people" and "break things".
It is not a "border security" force, and has no ability or authority to detain people.

We have forces specifically designed for this purpose, and National Guard troops who's mandate falls within this scope, as well.

Not the military. Distracting them from their mission and their training is a purely political ploy and giant waste of money.

If the people are okay with folks illegally coming into this country, then they must be okay with someone breaking into their home and taking their possessions.

Reactions: SIXERS24
America needs the Australian solution. Those who enter Australia illegally are denied immigrant status FOREVER and they are sent to detention centers on remote islands that are not Australian, thus anchor babies become anchors in New Guinea or whatever, not Australia. Australia pays for their food and shelter until they get unloaded on some other country, e. g. Trudeau's Canada or Obama's America. However they cannot come into Australia under any circumstances. As you can see in the following links, illegal immigration into Australia has ceased altogether.

https://atlantablackstar.com/2018/0...ew-guinea-and-hardly-anyone-is-taking-notice/

https://ricochet.com/archives/how-australia-stopped-illegal-immigration/

If you dont have real borders then you dont have a country. There is no other country in the world that would allow these people in.

That isn't the question.

The question is if an unarmed caravan of migrants trying to look for a better life necessitates a military response.

You are right most countries wouldn't let these people in, at least not all of them. (Some might qualify for asylum) But at the same time most other countries wouldn't respond to this with their military either.

This isn't some invading army aiming at occupying US territory. They are people who are at best aiming to set up a new life in the United States.

Not saying everyone gets let in. But this isn't a military situation. This is nothing more then an election time ploy by the president to rally his "Brown people are scary" supporters.

Of course not. It's a deplorable waste of our service men and women on a non-existent "threat" manufactured by the Trumpster for political show boating and to fire up his moronic base prior to the midterms, nothing more and nothing less.
I sure hope it works!

That isn't the question.

The question is if an unarmed caravan of migrants trying to look for a better life necessitates a military response.

You are right most countries wouldn't let these people in, at least not all of them. (Some might qualify for asylum) But at the same time most other countries wouldn't respond to this with their military either.

This isn't some invading army aiming at occupying US territory. They are people who are at best aiming to set up a new life in the United States.

Not saying everyone gets let in. But this isn't a military situation. This is nothing more then an election time ploy by the president to rally his "Brown people are scary" supporters.

You make strong points but there has to be some law and order when 10K plus people hit the border. I agree that most of them are probably trying to come for a better life, some are not though. What happens when skirmishes break out when not allowed in? I would rather error on the side of order than not.

Reactions: Pepperman
You make strong points but there has to be some law and order when 10K plus people hit the border. I agree that most of them are probably trying to come for a better life, some are not though. What happens when skirmishes break out when not allowed in? I would rather error on the side of order than not.

You are presuming that skirmishes are going to break out.

And besides the military is not law enforcement.

Leave the border patrol to it's task.

The question is if an unarmed caravan of migrants trying to look for a better life necessitates a military response. Not saying everyone gets let in. But this isn't a military situation.
Gotta love these non-veterans who squeal "This isn't a job for the military."
We have tens of thousands of troops at Fort Bragg, Fort Hood, etc, who are just going to be running around the post playing soldier - oops, excuse me, Field Training Exercises - for the next few weeks if they are not sent to help the Border Patrol with this influx of illegal immigrants.

What if the US Coast Guard did it. Would that make you feel any better?

Reactions: SIXERS24
If you dont have real borders then you dont have a country. There is no other country in the world that would allow these people in.

Are you talking about this 'caravan'? the group of people over 1000 miles away that have to WALK thru the Mexican desert?

When did the right not only lose all intelligence but also become so frightened

The US borders are fine. Somehow you think this is some invasion?

LOL

We have tens of thousands of troops at Fort Bragg, Fort Hood, etc, who are just going to be running around the post playing soldier - oops, excuse me, Field Training Exercises - for the next few weeks if they are not sent to help the Border Patrol with this influx of illegal immigrants.

You are too big of a pussy to be a veteran....

If skirmishes break out because they are not allowed in where will those skirmishes be?

If skirmishes break out because they are not allowed in where will those skirmishes be?

Will Mexico send up armed troops if skirmishes break out?
What happens when US troops engage in "skirmishes" on foreign soil.

Here in the US, we'd call that an "invasion" of foreign forces.

Reactions: cigaretteman

At sea? Of course that's part of the coast guard's job.

This isn't part of the job of the army. The army is suppose to be out there training for war.

Also you have to be nuts if you don't think this is a ploy to rile up the base for the elections. That caravan is 1000 miles away still. Why would the military be deployed now literally months before it's expected.

Oh that's right because the election is in a week. Not months.

Anyone against it is harmful for our country. It's pathetic that someone would care nothing for preserving our sovereignty.

Reactions: Quix0te
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT