ADVERTISEMENT

Does Anyone Care that July Was the Hottest Month in Recorded History?

LOL...so your plan is to keep pouring the milk as fast as you can while trying to engineer a way to suck some milk out of the bowl? Genius. Seriously.

I get the idea of removing CO2. Great idea. There's nothing out there that has the capability of doing anything meaningful in any time frame that will matter. The task at hand is to stabilize what's there now. We can NOT keep pouring CO2 into the air in the hopes that we'll develop some magic bullet that will save us. The technology exists RIGHT NOW to stabilize CO2 levels and lower the amount we're pumping into the air. The only thing lacking is the political will to deploy it. That's due - in part - to people like you who pretend there's no problem.

What's interesting about all of this is that you seem to now be on board in admitting there is a problem. I don't think you've said one time in this thread that "the beach is still there". Progress.

Please see the link posted earlier about someone who has developed your magic bullet. Page 6 or 7 thereabouts.

LOL...so your plan is to keep pouring the milk as fast as you can while trying to engineer a way to suck some milk out of the bowl? Genius. Seriously.

I get the idea of removing CO2. Great idea. There's nothing out there that has the capability of doing anything meaningful in any time frame that will matter. The task at hand is to stabilize what's there now. We can NOT keep pouring CO2 into the air in the hopes that we'll develop some magic bullet that will save us. The technology exists RIGHT NOW to stabilize CO2 levels and lower the amount we're pumping into the air. The only thing lacking is the political will to deploy it. That's due - in part - to people like you who pretend there's no problem.

What's interesting about all of this is that you seem to now be on board in admitting there is a problem. I don't think you've said one time in this thread that "the beach is still there". Progress.

And yes, those beachfront hotels are still there, amazingly.

Please see the link posted earlier about someone who has developed your magic bullet. Page 6 or 7 thereabouts.

When you cannot understand the orders of magnitude difference between the enterprise you are referring to, and present annual emission (or cumulative emissions), there's not really a lot people here can do for you.

Your cereal bowl analogy is better suited to the Titanic: if you ONLY had that cereal bowl, you could have saved EVERYONE by using it to bail the water out.....:eek:

That's probably close to the same order of magnitude we are talking about here....

"If only the people on the Titanic had access to 10 billion cereal bowls!"

When you cannot understand the orders of magnitude difference between the enterprise you are referring to, and present annual emission (or cumulative emissions), there's not really a lot people here can do for you.

Your cereal bowl analogy is better suited to the Titanic: if you ONLY had that cereal bowl, you could have saved EVERYONE by using it to bail the water out.....:eek:

That's probably close to the same order of magnitude we are talking about here....

"If only the people on the Titanic had access to 10 billion cereal bowls!"

Why are you questioning the science?

I expect you will be writing an angry letter to the developers of this wonderful world-saving technology that they have developed.

And yes, those beachfront hotels are still there, amazingly.

Demonstrating that you also don't comprehend time. If you admit that the Earth is warming you can't then turn around and deny sea level rise. It's simple physics. Here's a test...find a clock. Remove the second hand and the minute hand. Watch the hour hand. Can you see it move? Does the fact that it's moving really slowly mean that time has stopped?

According to an IPCC assessment of multiple studies, sea levels should rise between 0.8 and 1.0 meters by 2100. So go down to your beach at high tide. Go to the water line and put a meter stick in the sand. Then look inland across the top of that meter stick. That's the 2100 high tide mark - if we're lucky. You won't see that change year to year just like you can barely see the hour hand moving...but it moves.

Demonstrating that you also don't comprehend time. If you admit that the Earth is warming you can't then turn around and deny sea level rise. It's simple physics. Here's a test...find a clock. Remove the second hand and the minute hand. Watch the hour hand. Can you see it move? Does the fact that it's moving really slowly mean that time has stopped?

According to an IPCC assessment of multiple studies, sea levels should rise between 0.8 and 1.0 meters by 2100. So go down to your beach at high tide. Go to the water line and put a meter stick in the sand. Then look inland across the top of that meter stick. That's the 2100 high tide mark - if we're lucky. You won't see that change year to year just like you can barely see the hour hand moving...but it moves.

Many of these hotels were built 100 years ago. The city of Saint Augustine was built four hundred years ago, and guess what? It's still there!

I expect you will be writing an angry letter to the developers of this wonderful world-saving technology that they have developed.

Why? I like coffee cups. I just don't expect them to bail out an ocean liner. These people still face the hurdle of scaling their technology way, way up.

Why? I like coffee cups. I just don't expect them to bail out an ocean liner. These people still face the hurdle of scaling their technology way, way up.

So, let's come together and find a way to scale it up! The materials that they can produce with this technology can be used to build cars, they can be used to make tires, they can be used to make roads, they can be used to make sidewalks, they can be used to build buildings, they can be used to build tanks, They can be used to make army helmets... and it's all sequestered forever.

Many of these hotels were built 100 years ago. The city of Saint Augustine was built four hundred years ago, and guess what? It's still there!
If everything is fine as it is, why do you want to raise taxes to pay farmers to grow grass to drop it down mine?

I know why. Because you are trolling. I refuse to believe you are as stupid as you present yourself to be.

So, let's come together and find a way to scale it up! The materials that they can produce with this technology can be used to build cars, they can be used to make tires, they can be used to make roads, they can be used to make sidewalks, they can be used to build buildings, they can be used to build tanks, They can be used to make army helmets... and it's all sequestered forever.

Fine. No problem at all. But - to use your analogy - we can slow down on the pouring of milk right now. Why the hell are you arguing with that?

Because it's actually cheaper to scale up all of the wind energy available throughout the US, yielding us about 25x our total electrical energy needs, and it is absolutely proven and scalable technology.

We can then go after carbon sequestration on a large scale, while our emissions are '0'. Plus, then we'd have plenty of spare energy to power a carbon capture and sequestration operation. Which means we won't be polluting faster than we can scrub CO2.

Oh really? Considering the current wind turbines can only produce less than 5% of the energy the US needs, I call bullshit.

Provide a link.

Garry- I'm re-posting this for you to come back and eat your crow here:
Where did you go? Is it too difficult for you to acknowledge this?

Wind provided 30% of Iowa's electricity last year:
http://www.awea.org/MediaCenter/pressrelease.aspx?ItemNumber=8463

Over 31 percent of Iowa’s in-state electricity generation came from wind last year – marking another major milestone. This is the first time wind has supplied a state with more than 30 percent of its annual electricity. Iowa, Kansas and South Dakota all generated more than 20 percent of their electricity from wind in 2015.
100 meter towers can provide the best generation capability, with newer 140 meter towers being even better. Just looking at the install capabilities of 100 meter towers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_generation_potential_in_the_United_States
The wind generation potential in the United States far exceeds demand. There are only two states with no commercially significant wind power potential, Mississippi and Florida.

Florida has the potential to install 900 MW at 25% capacity factor 100 meter high turbines,[1] and Mississippi the potential to install 30,000 MW at 25% capacity factor 100 meter high turbines.[2] For commercial operation, a capacity factor of at least 35% is preferred. There are no locations in either state that would achieve 30% capacity factor. In contrast,North Dakota, the windiest state, has the capacity to install 200,000 MW at 50% capacity factor 100 meter high turbines.[3] Texas, although not as windy, is larger, and has the capacity to install 250,000 MW at 50% capacity factor,[4] and 1,757,355.6 MW of at least 35% capacity factor, capable of generating 6,696,500 GWh/year, more than all of the electricity generated in the United States in 2010.

The US used about 4 million GW-h of electricity in 2010. The numbers indicate that Texas ALONE can produce 1.5 times that amount.

Fully installed 100 meter wind turbines can produce over 100 million GW-hr, if 100 m turbines are installed (see list of capacity factors - each state can install a certain range of turbines at sites which could produce at 30%, 35% and 40% capacity factors and the sum of all of those is the amount we could generate.

That's about a factor of 25x more than we used in 2010; excess can go into transportation power, such as electric vehicles, buses or trains.

So, I call 'bullshit' on your uneducated bullshit.:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT