ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone really think that 9/11 family members...

Jimmy McGill

HB Legend
Sep 9, 2018
Earth
are suddenly going to be happy or at peace by the Federal Government trying to get death penalty. I don't. If someone murdered a family member of mine, I'm not going to magically feel better about things just because the perpetrator got the death penalty.

The government caving into these families is only going to extend and enhance the pain on these families IMHO.

EDIT: KSM would be dead before the appellate process was resolved. It is people thinking with emotion, and not rationality. I get it. I understand people want vengeance; but the practical reality of things is that they are not going to get what they want.

Reactions: Torg and THE_DEVIL
are suddenly going to be happy or at peace by the Federal Government trying to get death penalty. I don't. If someone murdered a family member of mine, I'm not going to magically feel better about things just because the perpetrator got the death penalty.

The government caving into these families is only going to extend and enhance the pain on these families IMHO.

EDIT: KSM would be dead before the appellate process was resolved. It is people thinking with emotion, and not rationality. I get it. I understand people want vengeance; but the practical reality of things is that they are not going to get what they want.
You don't know shit about it.

I always thought it was pretty impressive how fast Timothy McVeigh was tried, convicted and put to death following the Oklahoma City bombing. Less than six years and two months after the bombing, he was dead.

Me personally, I would like to see eye for an eye if it was me. I’m a lover in general, but fvck with my family or friends, to hell with you.

Yeah I am generally against the death penalty because errors are unacceptable. But, in a case like this, kill him.

I do think it would bring me a measure of comfort knowing that he's likely (or, maybe, hopefully?) been tortured for two decades.

Reactions: SolarHawk
I always thought it was pretty impressive how fast Timothy McVeigh was tried, convicted and put to death following the Oklahoma City bombing. Less than six years and two months after the bombing, he was dead.

IIRC he waived all his death penalty appeals which helped expedite the process.

Yeah I am generally against the death penalty because errors are unacceptable. But, in a case like this, kill him.

Counselor, you and I know that he will die of natural causes before the state would be to accomplish that. 1) Torture appeals. 2) Guilty plea is no longer valid, as State backed out of agreement; 3) Since it has already taken 20 years, what makes anyone believe that this would go to trial soon....there will be appeals on whether the DOD had the ability to revoke agreement (frankly I've never heard of such); and then once you get to trial, it will likely take a year. Then come more appeals. I'm not sure I've seen a bigger f' up by our government on handling something like this for enemy combatants.

He IS going to be dead before any of this is resolved. He is 59. No way he outlives the process. So that is my point, you are hurting the families that want vengeance more by extrapolating this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT