ADVERTISEMENT

Does Biden Need to Drop Out of the Race?

So lets say for sake of argument, Biden did something wrong or illegal. Does that make Trump's behavior of withholding money and a White House meeting without the announcement of an investigation proper behavior for a President? I was under the impression that there are procedures and agencies within the government to handle these kinds of investigations.

Last edited:
Sorry. It's just the idiocy is coming from all sides, and I haven't been back long enough to remember who the good posters were. I'll get there.
I apologize if you covered this before and I missed it, but what was your previous screen name?

Please, explain to the class why Biden should testify.

There is no substantial proof he has done anything wrong, so why?

The other good reason I can think of is that the Constitution doesn't say anything about the Senate's oversight of Presidential CANDIDATES. Joe Biden does not currently hold public office, so an Senate impeachment trial isn't a proper venue. They can't impeach and remove Biden.

The other good reason I can think of is that the Constitution doesn't say anything about the Senate's oversight of Presidential CANDIDATES. Joe Biden does not currently hold public office, so an Senate impeachment trial isn't a proper venue. They can't impeach and remove Biden.

Biden wouldn't be on trial. He'd be called so they could question him on facts.

So lets say for sake of argument, Biden did something wrong or illegal. Does that make Trump's behavior of withholding money and a White House meeting without the announcement of an investigation proper behavior for a President? I was under the impression that there are procedures and agencies within the government to handle these kinds of investigations.

It may or may not make it proper, I really don't know, but it arguably changes the narrative from "Trump tried to get a foreign government to interfere in our election for his own benefit by investigating his political rival" to something more like "Trump tried to get a foreign government to investigate corruption in U.S. government". I would think that distinction would make all of the difference in the world from an impeachment perspective.

The argument would be that the Senate Rs will call Biden to testify. He's already said he won't appear. But part of the case against Trump is that he is obstructing by refusing to let people appear, and not appearing himself.

So, on the one hand that could undermine the case against Trump and, on the other, it will be used against Biden if he's the nominee.
To answer your question - No. He is the Dems only hope to wrest the Presidency from the hands of Trump. The great white geriatric hope of the party of diversity.

He seems ready to take Russia and China head on

Biden needs to stay in the race.

Though it’s unlikely he ever gets the nomination, if he does, the Trump Biden debates on pay per view might have a nice little impact on the National Debt.

Biden has absolutely lost it. His gaf in New Hampton today may have been a new low.

He must have raised Hunter to be an oil man.

Rs need to call Bolton, Mulvaney and Giuliani and Mccann and a couple others before Joe, who has absolutely nothing to do with trump asking a foreign country to manufacture lies on a political foe.
You need to look at this the way the Rs will sell it to the voters.

They will sell it as Trump was totally justified in asking for Ukraine to look into the Bidens because the Bidens were corrupt.

That's why they will want to call Joe. To sling mud at him and try to trip him up for as many days as it takes to raise doubts about his (or his son's) integrity.

It's almost certainly crap, of course.* But a lot of people already believe it, and a lot more are primed to believe it and will be persuaded when the Rs throw enough lies and innuendo at Joe.

* I say "almost" because Hunter doesn't look as squeaky as his brother did. Not that he looks any worse than W did when his pop was in high office.

You need to look at this the way the Rs will sell it to the voters.

They will sell it as Trump was totally justified in asking for Ukraine to look into the Bidens because the Bidens were corrupt.

That's why they will want to call Joe. To sling mud at him and try to trip him up for as many days as it takes to raise doubts about his (or his son's) integrity.

It's almost certainly crap, of course.* But a lot of people already believe it, and a lot more are primed to believe it and will be persuaded when the Rs throw enough lies and innuendo at Joe.

* I say "almost" because Hunter doesn't look as squeaky as his brother did. Not that he looks any worse than W did when his pop was in high office.
Hunter helped a corrupt Ukrainian oligarch avoid prosecution for money laundering and illegally issuing gas extraction licenses to his own energy company while he was Minister for Ecology.

That doesn’t bother you?

Why should I grant you any standing? You change names like crap through a goose. You are not an Iowan.

1. You initiated contact with me using the blackmail fallacy. Remember?

2. I have one name and have only had one name.

Look, fat. You tell us.

Fantastic work.

Honestly Joe should drop out bc of his actions yesterday. We don't need to replace embarrassment POTUS with another embarrassment president. Joe is losing his marbles, it tends to happen at his age.

Hunter helped a corrupt Ukrainian oligarch avoid prosecution for money laundering and illegally issuing gas extraction licenses to his own energy company while he was Minister for Ecology.

That doesn’t bother you?

If it's true - sure it bothers me.

But, if it's true, why hasn't the Justice departments in the US or Ukraine done anything about it?

Reactions: gohawks50

That doesn’t bother you?

I cannot find anything to back that up. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, so please point me to an article or something that proves what you are saying. I didn't realize Hunter had any power in Ukraine to do that.

Fantastic work.

Honestly Joe should drop out bc of his actions yesterday. We don't need to replace embarrassment POTUS with another embarrassment president. Joe is losing his marbles, it tends to happen at his age.
Anyone with a problem with Trump's oddities should have at least the same problem with Joe as well. That or they're just not being honest.

That doesn’t bother you?

I asked you for proof of your statement 4 hours ago. Proof or just throwing crap at the wall and hoping?

I asked you for proof of your statement 4 hours ago. Proof or just throwing crap at the wall and hoping?
rudy is over there digging up stuff and IG report is coming out but to you that probably is not good enough proof

I didn’t realize there was a time limit involved, I’m sorry. Gainful employment got in the way. I won’t let it happen again.

There are some WaPo links that I found on Google but I don’t have a subscription. I’ll sign up for one when I get home tonight and post what I find. If you absolutely have to have proof before then, Google John D. Buretta. He’s the former Obama DOJ official that Hunter and Blue Star Strategies enlisted to help Zlochevsky with his legal defense.

I didn’t realize there was a time limit involved, I’m sorry. Gainful employment got in the way. I won’t let it happen again.

There are some WaPo links that I found on Google but I don’t have a subscription. I’ll sign up for one when I get home tonight and post what I find. If you absolutely have to have proof before then, Google John D. Buretta. He’s the former Obama DOJ official that Hunter and Blue Star Strategies enlisted to help Zlochevsky with his legal defense.
this is all why this whole impeachment charade started in the first place with dems: to cover their Ukraine dirty dealings, project that unto trump

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT