ADVERTISEMENT

Does college bball officiating upset you the most?

And no one wants to see the game stopped for "carrying" 20 times a game. I assume every team keeps a book on every possible official. Those books should identify officials patterns. I also assume that the coaches and refs have some kind of professional contact and certainly chat before games, etc....

That makes sense because officials clearly have varied discretionary interpretation of the black and white text, and thank God for that. The questions arise when the officials mistakes disproportionately benefit one team, or long runs of swallowed whistles also benefiting just one team. The individual official's professional traits are each what they are; Consistent application to both teams is all we can ask for.
i had high hopes you were coming around with the first half of your post , then you screwed it up with the second half . lol

I'm not trying to be obtuse, but what exactly was the bitching about today? Iowa was favored by 10, and ended up winning by 15, so the refs weren't out to help Minnesota cover. The times they stopped the game seemed to be warranted. Minnesota was called for 17 fouls, Iowa 14. Iowa shot 21 free throws, Minnesota 16. I am not one that says the fouls or FT's must be even. Most games one team commits more fouls and gets more out of position than the other. The refs generally let them play today. Iowa adjusted to the way it was being called and did a good job.

To your question of why does the conference retain 100% of the officials each year. The answer is they don't. There are refs every year who aren't asked back to ref conference games.
you are presenting an awful lot of logic to the conspiracy screw balls . lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT