ADVERTISEMENT

Does Iowa Go Undefeated In Non-Conference

I have a bad feeling about the Clowns. We loose a close one there. Opposite of last year. Bank on it.
I'll stand opposed on that one. I think ISU struggles on defense this year. I also think we'll do a better job against their RB this year. Hawks beat ISU 31-17 in regulation....

No, ISU will win in IC. The clones are better at QB, RB, WR, And total defense. The only advantage the hawks have is OL.

Reactions: c3ntral08
Ask me the week they play. We have no clue really about what either team will truly look like until then.

Never have understood the need for the hot take predictions during the off season when we have roughly half the info needed to know what will occur 3 months from now.

Patience, folks. Let camp, I dunno...happen. Get the first game in. Have some actual data to go by.

Otherwise, all you're doing is looking at a depth chart that don't really mean squat right now, then looking at last year's results, then picking up a dart and throwing it.

ISU will be a nail-biter. Campbell like it or not has shown himself to be a solid coach. It's early in the season and ISU's offense will exploit our new LBs -- the experience will serve Iowa well later. Iowa will need BF's O to show-up like last year and for Kinnick to play its part. This isn't going to be a cruise. THat said, I think BF as OC is as good as it gets to handle non-con type foes because he has a bit of Hayden in him.

Reactions: 0418hawkguy1001
LOL - not better at QB, RB will turn out to be a push, and iswho lost quite a bit at WR. Iowa's overall defense is also better than iswho's.
Certainly better at QB. Kempt's QBR is 148 and Stanley's is 134. RB isn't close as Montgomery could very well be the top back in the nation. Every single position group on ISU's defense is better.

Certainly better at QB. Kempt's QBR is 148 and Stanley's is 134. RB isn't close as Montgomery could very well be the top back in the nation. Every single position group on ISU's defense is better.
13 posts and 1 like? You should run for POTUS. I'm 28 X better than you.

Reactions: 0418hawkguy1001
I think ISU gives us a good game as they did last year, but I don't think it will be a loss in IC. Sets us up for a pretty cool atmosphere for the Wisconsin game, which I will be at. Go Hawks.

I'll stand opposed on that one. I think ISU struggles on defense this year. I also think we'll do a better job against their RB this year. Hawks beat ISU 31-17 in regulation....

One would think that gives us an advantage at home. Then again there's 2012 (or was it 2014?). ISU had a very weak secondary and KFz stubbornly refused to throw the ball and challenge them..keeping them in the box and ISU in the game which ended in an Iowa loss. People in the stands were screaming..."throw the damn ball"... Marvin McNutt was tweeting similar thoughts.

This is the type of game Kirk serves up periodically and when the opposition is ISU, they often capitalize on it. If we destroy NIU, instead of winning by 10 with a late touchdown... I'll be less concerned. But the ISU game is never a sure win under Kirk.

Judas the stupid QBR argument again. Please look at the defenses Kempt faced and Stanley played against last year. Stanley played against defenses where 4 were ranked in the top 20 and 8 in the top 50. Kempt faced 1 in the top 50 with TCU. The only other 2 defenses ISU faced in the top 50 were Iowa and Texas when Park was starting. So with your logic a MAC QB with better QBR is better than both of them. Give me a break. What's next telling us that ISU TE is better than Fant.

As for the defense Iowa's DL was better last year and only lost one player. Explain that one to me. ISU lost both safeties in the secondary. Iowa loses Jackson a huge piece but returns other starting CB along with 2 others who played along with Hooker at SS and Snyder and Gervase who both have 1 year of starting experience at FS.

Last edited:
Judas the stupid QBR argument again. Please look at the defenses Kempt faced and Stanley played against last year. Stanley played against defenses where 4 were ranked in the top 20 and 8 in the top 50. Kempt faced 1 in the top 50 with TCU. The only other 2 defenses ISU faced in the top 50 were Iowa and Texas when Park was starting. So with your logic a MAC QB with better QBR is better than both of them. Give me a break. What's next telling us that ISU TE is better than Fant.

As for the defense Iowa's DL was better last year and only lost one player. Explain that one to me. ISU lost both safeties in the secondary. Iowa loses Jackson a huge piece but returns other starting CB along with 2 others who played along with Hooker at SS and Snyder and Gervase who both have 1 year of starting experience at FS.

Game will likely be close, I have no trouble admitting. But yes posts by here and Cyclone Fanatic about ISU having an advantage at every position group other than OL is funny. In that case, Iowa shouldn't bother showing up. All we heard last year leading up to the game was Iowa's horrible WR corps and new QB wouldn't do squat. Iowa's passing game was decidedly average last year, but Iowa put up 497 yards and 333 passing against the vaunted ISU defense.

I like what Campbell is doing. This year's game will likely be close. Iowa made fewer mistakes than did ISU last year, it's why Iowa won. Something similar will likely decide who wins this year.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
How many Iowa State offensive/defensive linemen would start for Iowa next year? Over under 2.5 of 9 starting spots (assuming a 4-3 defense).

There's your answer. Iowa rolls.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Iowa will beat ISU soundly. Anything less would be a huge upset, and I just don't see that happening this year.

Iowa’s average margin of victories over Neb since they joined the B1G is around 25 points per game. That’s killing Neb. Even a fan base as dumb as the Nebbers can realize that.

Not really, Iowa got one win against Pelini, Pelini won 3 others. Then 3 straight wins aginst Mike Reily coached teams, 2 of them blow outs. Hanging your hat on blowing out MIke Reily teams? Ok, well everyone else was beating them too. You have scoreboard, congrats....Iowa's recent success will be short lived.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT