ADVERTISEMENT

Does ISU deserve a better seed than Kansas?

OnceAhawk

HB MVP
Jan 29, 2015
Kansas won the reg season Big 12 title. They played the toughest schedule in America. They made it to the Big 12 conference tournament championship game.

Going into the Big !2 tournament championship game, Kansas had a better projected seed than ISU. Now it appears that ISU will end up with a better seed.

I thought the regular season and your entire body of work meant more than a quick several day conference tournament.

Thoughts?

They could both be 3 seeds but even though ISU beat them 2 out of 3 KU is KU. And the committee can deny it til hell freezes over but they cater to the 'name' schools.
smile.r191677.gif

I thought the trophy for the toughest schedule always went to the iowa st back patters? And I was informed a few years back by my iowa st acquaintances that conference tourneys really don't matter. Surely they haven't changed their tune?

Iowa State will not get a 2 seed. I've seen Kansas still projected as a 2 but it wouldn't surprise me if they dropped to a 3 as well.

ISU did also go 2-1 against KU.

The thing I'm struggling with is Duke still getting a 1. Apparently, Arizona and Gonzaga's championships were arbitrary. Meanwhile, Wisconsin is basically playing for a 1 seed in the conf. final, a game Duke did not make it to in their respective conference......but oh yeah that's right...they're Duke.

Originally posted by OnceAhawk:
Kansas won the reg season Big 12 title. They played the toughest schedule in America. They made it to the Big 12 conference tournament championship game.

Going into the Big !2 tournament championship game, Kansas had a better projected seed than ISU. Now it appears that ISU will end up with a better seed.

I thought the regular season and your entire body of work meant more than a quick several day conference tournament.

Thoughts?
1. Of all the pundit projections, I've seen only one that has ISU a 2 and KU a 3.

2. If that were to happen, it would be because KU is short-handed, with Ellis questionable and the other guy being held hostage by the NCAA. The committee DOES take injuries into consideration.

Using the XII's "one true champion" mantra, meaning the regular season champion with no post season play-off, aka tourney, then Kansas is the XII's true champion and deserves the higher seed.

Originally posted by Guidotheguide:
They could both be 3 seeds but even though ISU beat them 2 out of 3 KU is KU. And the committee can deny it til hell freezes over but they cater to the 'name' schools.
smile.r191677.gif
You are 100% correct if Iowa or ISU had Kansas schedule, won the regular season of their conference but Iowa lost to 2nd place Michigan State in the finals of the Big Ten or in ISU lost to 2nd place Kansas, you absolutely know MSU and KU would jump Iowa and/or ISU.

For the love of god please quit encouraging tbonehawkeye, now going by OnceAhawk, by responding to this threads. He's an attention whore and drama queen who needs to start his own board.

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

Thoughts?
1. Of all the pundit projections, I've seen only one that has ISU a 2 and KU a 3.

2. If that were to happen, it would be because KU is short-handed, with Ellis questionable and the other guy being held hostage by the NCAA. The committee DOES take injuries into consideration.
we are about to find out; will be interesting to hear the rationalizations for seeds and for who got left out

fun time of the year!

come on 7 seed for Iowa!!!

I am guessing a 3 for ISU, a 4 for UNI, a 7 for the Hawks

Now if only Drake could pull its weight
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyInTheCloset:
Iowa State will not get a 2 seed. I've seen Kansas still projected as a 2 but it wouldn't surprise me if they dropped to a 3 as well.

ISU did also go 2-1 against KU.

The thing I'm struggling with is Duke still getting a 1. Apparently, Arizona and Gonzaga's championships were arbitrary. Meanwhile, Wisconsin is basically playing for a 1 seed in the conf. final, a game Duke did not make it to in their respective conference......but oh yeah that's right...they're Duke.
I hate duke too, but they have road wins at Wisconsin and at Virginia. That's what gets them a 1 seed.

^^^ Gonna have to agree. ISU is better than Kansas....

ISU is similar to a Wisconsin team. Refuse to lose. Find a way to get it done.

ISU and KU both went 15-6 in B12 games this year, and ISU beat them head to head 2 out of 3, so I dont see why it's absurd for them to be seeded higher. It's possible ND gets the last 2 and they're both 3s

Originally posted by hawkeye ball:

will be interesting on the committee's take, esp when you look at Kansas' entire body of work; I wonder if the injury to Ellis plays any bearing (looks like he can play but not 100%)

will be interesting on the committee's take, esp when you look at Kansas' entire body of work; I wonder if the injury to Ellis plays any bearing (looks like he can play but not 100%)
I imagine Kansas will not drop below ISU. Because like someone said earlier... its Kansas...

I think the regular season conference champion should count for more than the conference tourney, even though ISU won 2 out of 3. The only reason I could see putting ISU over Kansas is if they feel the Perry Ellis injury is going to affect them going forward.

I did say before the conference tourney I felt that ISU was better in a matchup with Kansas heads up, and I still feel that way.

IMHO a season long conference champion over 16 to 18 games should take precedence over a 3 or 4 game tourney winner. I understand why the tourney champ gets the NCAA bids, fans love it but it's not the fair way to do it.

I imagine Kansas will not drop below ISU. Because like someone said earlier... its Kansas...
It's unfortunate, but this is the truth. Both ISU and KU were 15-6 against conference opponents, ISU won 2 of 3 against the Jayhawks, and ISU has a better overall record.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT