ADVERTISEMENT

Does KF have the largest buyout in College Football?

RatTailGuy

Team MVP
Feb 19, 2022
And when/why the hell did Barta/Iowa sign off on full buyout?

For some reason I remember last time all this Fire KF talk his buyout was significantly less(although still High but not fully guaranteed contract)

Barta did back in January. Barta salary is way less than kirks. Yet he is supposed to be kirks boss. It is very clear that Kirk is barta boss.

and no I don’t won’t Kirk fired. We need to be patient with the Oline room. and the narrow receiver room. Opps i mean wide receiver room.

it is very clear now that this coaching staff did evaluate the playing time of The wide receiver room last year. For one thing dropped balls I guess don’t count for much. Charlie Jones hardly dropped and any this year or last year.

But last year they were playing one freshman and ragaini. Who clearly dropped several more balls than Jones did. Or at least they got several more targets than Jones did. You just can’t blame for transferring. That had to be hard watching younger people being targeted more often. And watch them kill more drives than most coaching staffs would tolerate. We always seem to get the players that can make great plays but then they drop way to many balls.

Then we get some like Jones who can do it all. And he gets targeted way less than the ball droppers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
The buy-out in this case is pretty much the same as a guaranteed contract.

Barta did back in January. Barta salary is way less than kirks. Yet he is supposed to be kirks boss. It is very clear that Kirk is barta boss.

and no I don’t won’t Kirk fired. We need to be patient with the Oline room. and the narrow receiver room. Opps i mean wide receiver room.

it is very clear now that this coaching staff did evaluate the playing time of The wide receiver room last year. For one thing dropped balls I guess don’t count for much. Charlie Jones hardly dropped and any this year or last year.

But last year they were playing one freshman and ragaini. Who clearly dropped several more balls than Jones did. Or at least they got several more targets than Jones did. You just can’t blame for transferring. That had to be hard watching younger people being targeted more often. And watch them kill more drives than most coaching staffs would tolerate. We always seem to get the players that can make great plays but then they drop way to many balls.

Then we get some like Jones who can do it all. And he gets targeted way less than the ball droppers.
Every D1 college head coach makes more than his boss. How ridiculous

Then by all means step up and show them how to do it.
Are you familiar with the current state of Iowas NIL? We actually have a guy on here, @Tx_Hawk (?) I think that built an NIL. It's got about as much traction as a dragster on ice.

C Dejean, our young, charismatic, stud on the back end of our prized unit, went to his tiny towns car dealer for a partnership to get a deal on what I'm pretty sure is a used Jeep. Meanwhile, back ups at the blue bloods are getting Mercedes. The Iowa football program in general is antiquated.

We used to roll up our nose at other teams that would beat us, lying to ourselves to make ourselves feel better with the narrative they must be buying other players, the NCAA said they didn't care, just win.

Hey we don’t want facts to get in the way of a piss poor argument. Besides the buyout only matters if someone is a big enough moron to think KF should be fired. Then again the world is full of morons out walking around so why should this forum be any different?
Ever heard of Wisconsin? Asking for a friend.

BTW: You are strong evidence of your moron assertion.

The only reason for a huge buyout in a contract is because you are concerned about your coach possibly leaving. The odds of Kirk leaving over these last 10 years or so were slim and none. This has been his final coaching destination for a long time. In short, it was completely unnecessary, especially considering Kirk's age. Does anybody really believe that he's going to be coaching this team at 75 years of age when the current contract expires?

If I was the CEO of a Fortune 2000 company, absolutely. Unlike our notorious legion of HORT millionaires, I'm too much of a pissant to make any meaningful contributions.

But the point is, Iowa is not backed by an Uncle Phil or a T Boone. Iowa has plenty of rich-ish fans/alumni, but few truly powerful ones.

So how many Ad's do you think make more then the head football coach at top 20-30 schools? Probably NONE, so thats just another silly tangent argument.....Do you think the AD at Michigan makes 10 mil/year? Then how can he be Harboughs boss? :rolleyes: edit: Michigan pays their AD $700,000/year, so he makes LESS then 10% of what the football coach makes. How can he be Jim's boss???

Last edited:
If I was the CEO of a Fortune 2000 company, absolutely. Unlike our notorious legion of HORT millionaires, I'm too much of a pissant to make any meaningful contributions.

But the point is, Iowa is not backed by an Uncle Phil or a T Boone. Iowa has plenty of rich-ish fans/alumni, but few truly powerful ones.
I wonder why Uncle Phil and T Boone stand out….. must be because most schools have boosters like that….

Who cares?
I mean fans should.

Why did Barta do this?

If you want to reward him fine but leave some wiggle room or you have someone who knows they are untouchable.

What’s bizarre is KF has been untouchable for a while so why not wing and go for it offensively?

I get the ball control but it’s been tried and true to produce similar results year after year.

Wing and aim higher KF good god

Hey we don’t want facts to get in the way of a piss poor argument. Besides the buyout only matters if someone is a big enough moron to think KF should be fired. Then again the world is full of morons out walking around so why should this forum be any different?
What argument?

It was a question as it’s Absurdly high and I just don’t see why Barda did it besides the fact that KF is actually the one in charge.

We get it apologist.

Go cry and defend in another thread.

You brought up firing.

We get it you happy but the rest of want to talk about how stupid this extension and buyout was/is.

We get it apologist.

Go cry and defend in another thread.

You brought up firing.

We get it you happy but the rest of want to talk about how stupid this extension and buyout was/is.
Go be a clown fan then clown. How have all the firings and buyouts gone for Nebraska? How about Texas? How about Florida State? How about USC?

Must ignore?

So if he refuses to make changes to the OC and the offensive philosophy, he should remain as HC with no questions asked....is that what you are saying? If so, I think you are pretty much on an island alone with a few select morons.

So if he refuses to make changes to the OC and the offensive philosophy, he should remain as HC with no questions asked....is that what you are saying? If so, I think you are pretty much on an island alone with a few select morons.
KF is paid to win games. He won 10 games just a year ago. He has won more games than any other coach in school history and is top 5 in Big Ten history.

If Barta and the powers to be would listen to you and the others in the peanut gallery KF would have been fired in 2012. Thank god he didn’t. Today isn’t all that much different.

At least we are graced by your presence. You and other “experts”seem to have some sort of birth right to tell those in decision making positions that you know better and demand change.

• Haha
Reactions: SaladTossingHawkeye
Not at all. So again why does Iowa have to repeat what Wisconsin is doing?
It doesn’t and jot what I was asking or staing(I know others have) but someone said it better than me above about “leverage/age” of KF and this buyout was completely unnecessary.

It just wasn’t a good deal for Iowa.

In business you always protect yourself and Barta IMO did not protect Iowa with this reup.

Go be a clown fan then clown. How have all the firings and buyouts gone for Nebraska? How about Texas? How about Florida State? How about USC?

Must ignore?
IDK maybe it forces KF to nudge an inch as he’s stubborn AF and with this buyout he’s untouchable and knows it. Just wish he didn’t hold every card in the deck here and he’s smug about it to boot. Never met anyone who could never be wrong like KF

ADVERTISEMENT