ADVERTISEMENT

Does the far right control the Republican Party?

Does the far right control the Republican Party?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
I often see posts from people who are Republicans or independent (haha), that they support gun control and would like to see it. The problem is they do not hold their representatives accountable for what they want. They will continue to vote Republican even if a candidate is against gun control.

GOP voters can say they believe in that stuff, but they are punishing politicians in favor of gun control in their own party.

Not only that, but the Conservative propaganda machine will still call it partisan no matter what.

Republican Rep. Chris Jacobs announced Friday that he will not run for another term in Congress amid backlash over his support for new gun control measures.

Jacobs, who represents parts of western New York, including suburban Buffalo, told reporters he has decided to retire instead of facing what he said would be "an incredibly divisive election." His announcement came just days after he broke with his party and voiced support for a federal assault weapons ban.

"The last thing we need is an incredibly negative, half-truth-filled media attack funded by millions of dollars of special interest money coming into our community around this issue of guns and gun violence and gun control," he said, according to footage of his announcement.

• Wow
Reactions: Torg and nelly02
Not to derail your thread on post two, but what’s up with the “or independent (haha)”? You don’t believe there are independents and everyone just fits into one of the two?

Not to derail your thread on post two, but what’s up with the “or independent (haha)”? You don’t believe there are independents and everyone just fits into one of the two?
There are a couple of specific posters here who claim they are independent but are clearly Republicans.

But honestly I don’t care for independents or centrists too much these days anyways. The right is causing too many problems to just sit on the sidelines and claim “both sides.” Do something about it.

I often see posts from people who are Republicans or independent (haha), that they support gun control and would like to see it. The problem is they do not hold their representatives accountable for what they want. They will continue to vote Republican even if a candidate is against gun control.

GOP voters can say they believe in that stuff, but they are punishing politicians in favor of gun control in their own party.

Not only that, but the Conservative propaganda machine will still call it partisan no matter what.

Republican Rep. Chris Jacobs announced Friday that he will not run for another term in Congress amid backlash over his support for new gun control measures.

Jacobs, who represents parts of western New York, including suburban Buffalo, told reporters he has decided to retire instead of facing what he said would be "an incredibly divisive election." His announcement came just days after he broke with his party and voiced support for a federal assault weapons ban.

"The last thing we need is an incredibly negative, half-truth-filled media attack funded by millions of dollars of special interest money coming into our community around this issue of guns and gun violence and gun control," he said, according to footage of his announcement.
So Soros is putting money into Western New York. Good to know.......I guess....

Reactions: franklinman
It isn’t “the right” in the traditional sense of the term that controls the party. MAGATS control the party. They are not conservatives. They are not even far right. They are just vile. They mainly just want to piss off liberals. If burning down the country and destroying democracy does the trick, they are in favor.

It isn’t “the right” in the traditional sense of the term that controls the party. MAGATS control the party. They are not conservatives. They are not even far right. They are just vile. They mainly just want to piss off liberals. If burning down the country and destroying democracy does the trick, they are in favor.
So the folks that ACTUALLY DID BURN DOWN THE COUNTRY, turned MAGA overnight? Well, uuummmm, aahhaahh, ummm, ahhh, that's an interesting twist of undeniable facts now isn't it? LOL!

And you wonder why? You just supplied Exhibit A. Congrats.

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
Defund the police!!!! That was/is the movement that launched the country to burn.

So the folks that ACTUALLY DID BURN DOWN THE COUNTRY, turned MAGA overnight? Well, uuummmm, aahhaahh, ummm, ahhh, that's an interesting twist of undeniable facts now isn't it? LOL!

You seem to be referring to some rioters who took advantage of distracted law enforcement to vandalize buildings. This was lawlessness with no political agenda, and no long-lasting affect on the nation. Further, they are not defended by anyone.

The figurative "burning down" of our country is being done by thousands of GOP politicians at every level of our government. They are the ones attempting to destroy the fabric of our democracy, and they have the active support of millions of disgusting and vile MAGATS like yourself. You are willing to destroy the nation just to piss off liberals. None of you are conservative, you are simply terrible Americans with no love or respect for your country.

Last edited:
When I saw the OP headline about the GOP rep supporting gun control I knew he probably hadn’t been in Congress long. He’s honest. Sure enough, looked it up, and he’s only been there two years. He’s not running again. That is the problem and it includes both D and R. They are controlled by contributions and special interests. Term limits would help a lot.

Last edited:
What do we consider the far right? Like white supremacist and militia types?

I think they are still controlled by the social conservatives. Extremism is about the levels it was in the 90s imo but they don’t control the party at all. But being the loudest of the right they have some pull unfortunately

When I saw the OP headline about the GOP rep supporting gun control I knew he probably hadn’t been in Congress long. He’s honest. Sure enough, looked it up, and he’s only been there two years. He’s not running again. That is the problem and it includes both D and R. They are controlled by contributions and special interests. It takes a lot of money to win.

Progressive San Francisco DA recalled by voters in one of nation's most liberal cities​

In my experience people who call themselves "Independents" are simply republicans who don't have the guts to say so.

You seem to be referring to some rioters who took advantage of distracted law enforcement to vandalize buildings. This was lawlessness with no political agenda, and no long-lasting affect on the nation. Further, they are not defended by anyone.

The figurative "burning down" of our country is being done by thousands of GOP politicians at every level of our government. They are the ones attempting to destroy the fabric of our democracy, and they have the active support of millions of disgusting and vile MAGATS like yourself. You are willing to destroy the nation just to piss of liberals. None of your are conservative, you are simply terrible Americans with no love or respect for your country.
LOL! I definitely don't want to live in a crime infested shithole run by bleeding hearts and freaks, who pick and choose which Laws are to be obeyed as it suits them (oh, and that pesky free speech thing), the Liberal version of what a "country" is. You are 100% correct about that.

I'd be willing to bet every penny I have the VAST majority of dead American Soldiers buried around the globe wouldn't want to live in it either.

Certainly those that died at Normandy, their current "Commander in Chief" didn't bother to mention them a year ago, and finally got around to it right before beddy-bye when the outside world reminded his "people" he was doing it again. Guess he was too worried about Juneteenth and Pride Festivities to acknowledge those who died to keep him free to be a pox on this nation. Yeah, MAGA folks don't "love or respect the country", but Libby Joe and his minions sure do, and he's got 1 late night tweet about D- Day in 2 years to prove it! LOL! (someone had to remind him what D-Day was, certainly no one on his staff, clearly they don't give a shit either, but he thought it meant Donut Day at the White House!) That's the Liberal version of "love and respect for the country", just pretend nothing ever happened where people sacrificed their lives for YOUR freedom. Yeah, no thanks.

And lastly, for someone who doesn't love or respect the country and those who died to keep us free, I now wish I had all that "wasted" time back for the last couple decades of setting up and tearing down thousands of American Flags pre and post Memorial Day Services at my hometown cemetery (you could have swung those flags around in every direction and not touched a Liberal, that's for certain - too busy setting up drag queen shows and BLM rallies I suppose........). LOL!

71% of republicans think trump actually won the election. so yeah i would say the far right controls the gop

LOL! I definitely don't want to live in a crime infested shithole run by bleeding hearts and freaks, who pick and choose which Laws are to be obeyed as it suits them (oh, and that pesky free speech thing), the Liberal version of what a "country" is. You are 100% correct about that.

I'd be willing to bet every penny I have the VAST majority of dead American Soldiers buried around the globe wouldn't want to live in it either.

Certainly those that died at Normandy, their current "Commander in Chief" didn't bother to mention them a year ago, and finally got around to it right before beddy-bye when the outside world reminded his "people" he was doing it again. Guess he was too worried about Juneteenth and Pride Festivities to acknowledge those who died to keep him free to be a pox on this nation. Yeah, MAGA folks don't "love or respect the country", but Libby Joe and his minions sure do, and he's got 1 late night tweet about D- Day in 2 years to prove it! LOL! (someone had to remind him what D-Day was, certainly no one on his staff, clearly they don't give a shit either, but he thought it meant Donut Day at the White House!) That's the Liberal version of "love and respect for the country", just pretend nothing ever happened where people sacrificed their lives for YOUR freedom. Yeah, no thanks.

And lastly, for someone who doesn't love or respect the country and those who died to keep us free, I now wish I had all that "wasted" time back for the last couple decades of setting up and tearing down thousands of American Flags pre and post Memorial Day Services at my hometown cemetery (you could have swung those flags around in every direction and not touched a Liberal, that's for certain - too busy setting up drag queen shows and BLM rallies I suppose........). LOL!
Ahhhh.....ok. The anger of the new wave Conservative. Thanks Donald.

BLM!! Again, ignoring the fact that Proud Boys and other right wing militia groups were part of the problem with the protests. But there were ZERO libs storming the Capitol. Why can't you comprehend that? This is a false equivalency that your side can't let go of.

Waving flags around, playing "Proud to be an American", and chiding people who don't stand for the National Anthem is nothing more than posturing, and has nothing to do with truly loving your country. America is not a flag. It's not our military. It is about the fragile notion that all men are created equal, and about respecting our constitutional form of government, and respecting free and fair elections. You and your despicable ilk don't "love" our country; you just have a unified hatred of people different from you. You don't respect our constitution when it stands in your way, and you certainly do not respect the peaceful transfer of power.

You are trying to destroy our democracy. That is the epitome of not loving your country.

No more than the far left controls the democratic party.

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
No more than the far left controls the democratic party.

That's just silly. Leading Democrats are mainly moderates, and try to appeal to moderates. Nobody has to bend the knee to AOC or Bernie Sanders in order to be accepted in the party. Democrats aren't trying to purge moderates from their leadership positions. The Democratic Party is the same party it has been for decades. The GOP, on the other hand, is completely broken.

Reactions: TheCainer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT