ADVERTISEMENT

Doesn't this have the feel of every major upset Iowa has pulled under KF?

KFsdisciple

HR Legend
Jul 3, 2003
Granted I don't recall any of these major upsets happening on the road, but when it feels like the team is about to hit rock bottom, Kirk seems to find a way to pull the best performance of the year out of his players. I think back to the 2016 michigan win, the team had just been destroyed on the road at Penn State, and things looked bad... the offense didn't do anything that night, we got a safety and a few crazy breaks, and we threw for about 70 yards and won.

If ever there was a time for iowa to shock the world, this would be it.

This I my subjective take. Our defense’s best effort might hold them to 28 points. Our offense’s best effort might get us to 14. If we score twice defensively or on special teams we can tie. That’s with what I think are the best possible outcomes on both sides of the bball. OSU, unlike Michigan, can hit a home run out of the passing game at any time.

This I my subjective take. Our defense’s best effort might hold them to 28 points. Our offense’s best effort might get us to 14. If we score twice defensively or on special teams we can tie. That’s with what I think are the best possible outcomes on both sides of the bball. OSU, unlike Michigan, can hit a home run out of the passing game at any time.
Iowa's offense scoring one touchdown would be a miracle. 2 will NEVER happen Saturday. Have you forgotten that Brian the Boob is still the QB coach and OC?

Reactions: MilleGinja
If we don't turn the ball over, and if the defense can be opportunistic, there's a slim chance Iowa can keep the game within a long arm's reach well into the 2nd half. A fumbled punt, a fumbled snap, ricochet interception, strip sack.. If we can get to half down 14-3, and the defense/special teams can come up with a play, there's still not a great chance to win, but I do think we can hang around.

Lmao no. Those other offenses had multiple future NFL players on them. The only player I can see making it in the NFL from this year is LaPorta. This Ohio State team will be the best team we’ve faced front to back in over a decade.

If we don't turn the ball over, and if the defense can be opportunistic, there's a slim chance Iowa can keep the game within a long arm's reach well into the 2nd half. A fumbled punt, a fumbled snap, ricochet interception, strip sack.. If we can get to half down 14-3, and the defense/special teams can come up with a play, there's still not a great chance to win, but I do think we can hang around.

Serious Biy GIF

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Negative, we are going to get stomped. I'm thinking 35-3 / 42-10 type deal.
35-3 halftime score. Hopefully, the defense can hold up to make it respectable. If the offense is 3 and out most of the game it could get really ugly. Their offense is a tough matchup for anybody.

Reactions: Sett1997
Not at all….this notion is laughable….with this qb and offense we will be lucky to stay within 30….that’s a win in this matchup…

35-3 halftime score. Hopefully, the defense can hold up to make it respectable. If the offense is 3 and out most of the game it could get really ugly. Their offense is a tough matchup for anybody.
No way this defense gives up 35 in the first half. No freaking way.

Granted I don't recall any of these major upsets happening on the road, but when it feels like the team is about to hit rock bottom, Kirk seems to find a way to pull the best performance of the year out of his players. I think back to the 2016 michigan win, the team had just been destroyed on the road at Penn State, and things looked bad... the offense didn't do anything that night, we got a safety and a few crazy breaks, and we threw for about 70 yards and won.

F**k. No.

What’s the chance it’s a blowout at half time and KF decides THEN to put in another QB? I could see him do it just to continue the disaster. Even though that will further prove it’s the offense and not just the QB.

Love the positive thinking but unless the defense scores 3tds and we can somehow churn out drives that way up 5+ minutes every time. Not likely.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Agree with the above — nope. Not even close. This one has “laugher” written all over it. And unfortunately it will likely be fodder for the national media to keep on mocking KF and BF.

Lucky for KF and BF, they get NW in Kinnick the next week — our own highly probable win left on the schedule. On the other hand, NW will know they have nothing to lose and the pressure will be on the Hawks. With a complete liability of an offense, that’s a tough spot. If they drop that one, the national mockery goes to an all-time high and the wheels fall off. Could actually help force the band aid to get ripped off, though.

Will be an interesting next 6 (maybe 7) games. I’m actually really curious to see how it pans out. Hope of reaching any goals is pretty much gone; now it’s just a question of just how bad it gets, and what kinds of changes are forced as a result.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
I just hope players come out of the game injury free, because it will be a long night.

Lol nah this will be more like 2005 when we got drubbed 31-6 so that OSU could get their feel good win back after we beat them in 2004.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT